Intermediate Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• nicwolbeck
    nicwolbeck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Nic I'm from Alberta I'm on team Rick, first year for this challenge, don't need the motivation but love the show and this only makes it better also it is great timing to work off some turkey. feel free to add me as a friend and go team rick!
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Okay, so I may need some help understanding everything.

I get that our Intermediate Group needs to do 80mins Cardio/50mins ST this week and that there's a Character task for me (Team Glenn), but do we do the Character task every day, just once, I don't get it.

Also, what's a "Punishment", how does it work, how/when do we know if we got one?

P.S. I cried when Daryl saw Carol walk up in the woods. Also, anyone notice how Carol had time to take a bath and freshen up before running into the family? XD
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I was in nearly physical agony avoiding this board yesterday because I noticed some (not bad, just minor!) spoilery talk. I'm the kind of person who never wants any hints, suggestions, spoilers, NO preknowledge so I know it will be my own fault if I check the boards before seeing the episode! :) But I did watch last night and oh yeah, very happy I picked Carol. :P
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    If there is anyone here that is not currently on my friendslist, please please please send me a request! I would love to have you there so we can support each other! :)
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I may need some help understanding everything.

I get that our Intermediate Group needs to do 80mins Cardio/50mins ST this week and that there's a Character task for me (Team Glenn), but do we do the Character task every day, just once, I don't get it.

Also, what's a "Punishment", how does it work, how/when do we know if we got one?

P.S. I cried when Daryl saw Carol walk up in the woods. Also, anyone notice how Carol had time to take a bath and freshen up before running into the family? XD

We do one of our exercises during the week as a "hands free" (can do the video if wanted).
    If we are the losing team with our results posted Saturday, we get punishment exercises decided by the winning team of the week - meaning we could have an extra exercise segment of "25 burpees" or "3 mile walk" or whatever is decided.--hope it helps clear it up for you!

PS-I also was more emotional about the Carol/Daryl reunion than the Grimes family....to me it was more unexpected I guess...but I wonder why Maggie hasn't questioned Beths whereabouts...
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    212ackley wrote: »
    PS-I also was more emotional about the Carol/Daryl reunion than the Grimes family....to me it was more unexpected I guess...but I wonder why Maggie hasn't questioned Beths whereabouts...

I think its weird Maggie didn't ask about Beth too. But if you watched Talking Dead this week, they hinted we should be finding out about Beth soon!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I wanted to see Carol giving Daryl his crossbow back. I wanted her to say, "I got you something, Poopsie."
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

I think its weird Maggie didn't ask about Beth too. But if you watched Talking Dead this week, they hinted we should be finding out about Beth soon!
    In the very beginning of the episode while they are still in the train car you can hear them Daryl and Maggie talking about Beth. Daryl told her that she drove off in a car and is still alive.
  • Jitteryspork
    Options
    I almost cried when Carol and Daryl reunited! I wanted there to be that kiss... you know, the one that everyone wants to happen. I don't think it ever will.. but I was sure with such an intense reunion there would be! I picked her up off the ground and everything! It was incredible.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I just did the Michonne workout for the week - kicked my butt! Cardio kickboxing is NOT easy! :D But I'm glad I've got it done!
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

In the very beginning of the episode while they are still in the train car you can hear them Daryl and Maggie talking about Beth. Daryl told her that she drove off in a car and is still alive.

Totally didn't notice that! Thanks!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    What a good episode! I had goosebumps sitting down to watch. I agree - I wanted Carol and Daryl to share that moment too. I'm not giving up - I think they still might :smile:

I'm off to a good start - 80 cardio and 15 strength; I'll be doing the Carol video either tonight or tomorrow morning. We only need to do it once this week right?

If anyone hasn't already - please add me as a friend. I think the new forum format totally sucks - its a major pain to get to the group discussions now.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm at 92 Cardio/65 Strength :) Will be doing the Daryl video on Thursday
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Already did the Rick video and have done 20 cardio and ten strength!
  • metanoia0116
    metanoia0116 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Running a little behind at the moment, 35/0. I will be finished by Saturday though. Are we going to do anything as character teams?
  • pdnaylor
    Options
    After working overnight last night, I haven't been able to hit the gym like I wanted to :( . However, I plan to get back on track tomorrow. I usually do 45 cardio/30 strength per workout, so I'll be good to go by the end of the week!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Running a little behind at the moment, 35/0. I will be finished by Saturday though. Are we going to do anything as character teams?
    Some weeks there might be challenges that would call for character teams banding together. Nothing like that really this week.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    I wanted to see Carol giving Daryl his crossbow back. I wanted her to say, "I got you something, Poopsie."

ROFLOL!!!!!!! too funny! I admit, I cried too when I saw the Carol/Daryl reunion. Yes, she made sure to freshen up first I guess. You know all the copious amounts of running water and soap.

I did some of the Jillian Michales video but was confused to how many reps to do. At first I was doing five of each then aiming to do that 25 x's. Then I thought...oh, maybe it's 25 reps of each, 5 x's. At any rate, I didn't get them all done but I did attempt it. I don't like lunges very much. Jillian Michaels loves lunges.

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    BTW, we need to come up with punishment exercise ideas.
  • Jitteryspork
    Options
    I am all done already with my 80/50 for the week, but that doesn't mean I am stopping there. I am part of a Biggest Loser Challenge as well that has me earning a point for every 10 minutes that I do, so I will be doing at least 60 minutes 30/30 a day. Monday I went way over and above because I thought it was 120 minutes a day.. but its UP TO 120 minutes a day. Whew. But you will never have to worry about me completing my exercise challenge here because of that.

Last night I started at the top of the Videos for the Character Challenges and just started doing them from there... its a pretty great workout if anyone gets rained-in and needs inspiration for exercises.

Punishment Exercises...
    Well, I strongly believe that Burpees and Squatts were invented by the devil himself, so those are always good. Maybe like:
    100 squats over the week, or
    25 burpees over the week?
    Maybe even like 7 minutes of plank throughout the week?

I don't know how intense a "punishment" is supposed to be... Just some ideas.