Intermediate Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yea - I finally figured out how to get on the board thru my phone. If you haven't already please add me as a friend because it's much easier to see news feeds in my phone in the app and I want to keep up. I'm taking it any cardio/ weight training we do today can count toward our goals? So ready for both the season and the challenge!
    Yes. Today counts. Bad for me because I got a big dinner planned. I'll have to plan a long walk thus evening too. :smiley:
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry for the late introduction.
    My name is Bridget and I live in Boston, MA. I am extremely excited to be a part of the season 5 challenge. I was also a part of the season 4 challenge but ended up having to put my fitness goals aside due to family illness. Through all the chaos and stress I realized just how important working out and eating right is when it comes to balancing stress.
    I am extremely excited to be a part of this challenge again. I chose to be on team Carl again so I can hopefully finish what I started last season!!! Please feel free to add me. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

- Bridget
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Do yall plan out your works out for the week or do you just wing it?
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    knitapeace wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Cindy and I'm on Team Carol. A little nervous about that, because based on some early threads it looks like that team got really tight and I don't want to feel like I'm trying to break into a conversation you know? I'm probably being silly. :)

Anyway, I'm 45 and just about at my goal weight, so my goal for this challenge is 1) not to quit and 2) to increase my strength training and make some progress. I do 4 days a week of bodyweight training with light cardio worked in, and 2 days of running about 4-4.5 miles per session. I'd like to see some of my bodyweight exercises progress to harder versions. I'm following the "You Are Your Own Gym" program using the app.

I've never been able to stick it out for a full challenge because they almost always involve weight checkins, and I'm not really losing weight right now. My body is changing a lot though, and I would get discouraged when checking in with all these "lost 2 pounds", "lost 3 pounds" alongside me. I like that this challenge can be focused on other goals than the scale.

Anyway, happy to be here! Yay!

We have had some previous challenges where some of us know eachother. We basically all met doing similar challenges to this. Bonus!: add your fellow team mates and you get instant friends to help support you with your journey with weight-loss, or with your fitness goals. Welcome and please don't feel left out. The more you attend the chat forum(this area) the more you get to know people and the more over-all support you will get.

• hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So excited for this challenge to start today!! We had our turkey dinner last night, so leftovers for us today!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Hey guys! Do yall plan out your works out for the week or do you just wing it?
    I think it's good to have a plan of attack. Mainly I would see where you may have the most time during the day and plan for your work-outs then. I like to do morning fitness blender video workouts that I do on Youtube on my tv. Then if I have extra time during the day or evening, it's bonus for me. Youtube is an excellent place to find fitness videos and strength training exercises. I love fitnessblender.com You can design your work-outs for FREE!!!

• SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm your team captain for the intermediate teams. Please feel free to start tracking as soon as today if you want to swap Sun for another day this week. You will need to at least do 80 mins of cardio this week and 50 mins of strength training. You can always go over and make sure to write how many mins you do. We will records these this upcoming Saturday night. Keep under your calories 6/7 days or keep within your eating goals. You will get 100 pts each for these categories. Since there are so many members in our group, you are responsible for recording your own numbers and posting them. Please to not PM me these results. You are most welcome to PM me if you are out for the week or have questions. If you can, please just post them here. I will be checking this board daily (if I can) to answer questions and to provide support. Each of us also have our own characters that we will be rooting for and getting special bonuses or exercises based on the show. We will also need to come up with a punishment exercise for the other two teams to do if we are the winning team of the week. So we should start thinking of something now to give the other teams some grief. It will not take place until after next week but might as well start thinking of one now. Enjoy the show and watch for this weeks exercises tomorrow.
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    so i may or may not have just gone through and added everyone who's posted in this thread so far...

super excited and ready for this challenge!
  • tracyskeens
    Options
    Excited to do this. I am on Team Carol. One of my besties got me in on this and I think it's going to be great.
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    Excited to do this. I am on Team Carol. One of my besties got me in on this and I think it's going to be great.
    YAY!!! Tracy!! we are gonna kick so much zombie butt!!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm on team Carol, again! I'm Kim, 37, and part of last season's winning team! Go team Carol! I lost right around 60 pounds but I went on to maintance for awhile and gained about 5-8 pounds back. I still fit in all my skinny clothes, but something has to give because I can see too much chin.

I am doing intermediate again because I have not been exercising regularly due to an injury this summer. I am back to walking long distances but my strength needs some work.

Kim (Kawookie)
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    3 more hours!!!
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    1 hour and 20 mins! Can't wait :)
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    We are about 30 mins till the show starts. The board is now closed for our group and we have 65 members.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    can I just say, I am so glad I picked Carol haha
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    I cant watch until tomorrow and it makes me SICK!!!! :'(
  • tracyskeens
    Options

Me too. She is kicking major butt tonight!
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Carol is definitely rocking this episode! So glad the show is back and more importantly, that this challenge is back!!
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Carol is definitely rocking this episode! So glad the show is back and more importantly, that this challenge is back!!

I picked her also! She is so amazing!!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I feel it was a really good start. and I am happy to be back in the challenge, I can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring us as well as getting stronger and losing weight