Welcome!

Options

Replies

• danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Did Day 4 today. It gets noticeably easier :)
    Took pictures too. :|
    Here are the pictures. Now I HAVE TO finish and post the "after" pics :wink:

You will post those after pictures! I know you will! Great job on the progress, wait till you hit day 7, it's such a difference!
  • Sammie51013
    Sammie51013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Haha, agree about it being "fun" ... I'm almost at level two and I'm finally not dying during level one. I'm scared to switch!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    I can't quite remember level two, but yeah.. it's gonna be harder. I seem to recall "walking push-ups".. either way, you'll get it!
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Finished level one tonight! Woohoo! On to level 2 tomorrow ... what are walking push-ups? I guess I'll find out ... lol
  • tamarawisniewski
    tamarawisniewski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did not work out yesterday or today. Two late nights with work/kids related activities. However, I was able to stay on track with my nutrition. Tomorrow: workout day.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I did not work out yesterday or today. Two late nights with work/kids related activities.
    Same for me - two late nights. I did Shred early on the mornings though, and it did not go as well as in the evenings. I am definitely not a morning person :)

• Aine8046
    Options
    Day6 is done.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Hey guys, so I'm dropping the shred for two reasons. One, I shouldn't of started with the 5lb weights because my back and arms are still very stiff. And two, I'm resting my muscles for starting the Stronglifts 5x5 program! I'm excited, but nervous. However, I'll still cheer you on! Congrats for making it to level 2 Sammie!!! And fantastic job on day 6 Aine! Tamara, I know how you feel, everynight there is always something, church, girl scouts, science projects, fall festivals, UIL music memory, UIL spelling team to study for.... man.. it's rough!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Hey guys, so I'm dropping the shred for two reasons. One, I shouldn't of started with the 5lb weights because my back and arms are still very stiff. And two, I'm resting my muscles for starting the Stronglifts 5x5 program! I'm excited, but nervous. However, I'll still cheer you on! Congrats for making it to level 2 Sammie!!! And fantastic job on day 6 Aine! Tamara, I know how you feel, everynight there is always something, church, girl scouts, science projects, fall festivals, UIL music memory, UIL spelling team to study for.... man.. it's rough!

Well, it's sad to see you dropping. But on the bright side I learned about Stronglifts 5x5 :) SHare your experience please - I might be looking into that after the Shred :)
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options

Well, it's sad to see you dropping. But on the bright side I learned about Stronglifts 5x5 :) SHare your experience please - I might be looking into that after the Shred :)

I'll still be around ;) and I will tell you all about it for sure. Right now I'm just reading everything I can and watching videos on form. But Hubby said he is in and we are going to do it!
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Aw, well of course your safety/not getting injured is most important!! Please stick around and keep us posted! It's been nice having your support :smile: Great job, Tamara and Aine, on getting through as well. It's hard to keep up with a routine when you have such a busy life.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    I understand how much just a simple, "don't give up" can go such a long way for someone. So I'm staying haha ;) I'm hoping to start lifting weights the week of Halloween, maybe after.. but soon! I have a head full of knowledge now and slightly know what I'm doing lol
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Glad you are staying :smile: Feel free to share your knowledge!

Level 2 was HARD last night... I was dying through it all and sweating like crazy!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Glad you are staying :smile: Feel free to share your knowledge!

Level 2 was HARD last night... I was dying through it all and sweating like crazy!
    I can only imagine...
    I will keep doing Level 1 for another week and will start Level 2 next weekend.
    By the way, Day 7 is done! And I lost all the extra pounds I got after the first two workouts and 2.5 pounds more!

• Aine8046
    Options
    missy5290 wrote: »

True. Did day 3 today. I didn't feel as if I wanted to die as much as I did the first 2 days. So far so good. Trying to get the husband to join too.
    How are you doing, Missy?

• tamarawisniewski
    tamarawisniewski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you is what you should do. I am adding in a few of my dvd workouts that I like better than the Shred; still will be doing shred.
    I really like the Jackie Warner dvd and LOVE the Jessica Smith workouts on youtube.
  • Peta314
    Peta314 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi FitnessPals!! How are you all doing? I'm glad to see that you are all sticking with this 30day shred programme. Despite injuries, work, and life obstacles in general.
    I got into Level 2 after all, just finished my 3rd day. I'm so soar! I hate planks! Is it just me, or are planks the harder thing in this level?
    Hahaha even though I fill "fitter", the weight is still there. Maybe I need to control a bit more what I eat, or maybe the calories burnt on exercise on MFP are not accurate. So, I decided to buy a Garmin VivoFit with the heart rate monitor. Do any of you have an activity tracker? What's your experience with it?
  • Aine8046
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Did Day 8 today. It's getting boring ;) Maybe I should switch to Level 2 after Day 10...
  • missy5290
    missy5290 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged by that weight gain. Your body freaks out with the changes and holds in water since it's paniced. You're also building muscle and so that puts some effect on the scale as well. Just stick with it :)
    missy5290 wrote: »

True. Did day 3 today. I didn't feel as if I wanted to die as much as I did the first 2 days. So far so good. Trying to get the husband to join too.
    How are you doing, Missy?

I'm doing day 4 tonight. I'm not going through it as fast as you guys. :( I have a membership to jazzercise so I try to go as much as I can to get my moneys worth. I'm also a grad student in clinic with early work days and late classes. Once I get home and do my readings for the night, it's 10pm and I'm exhausted. I try to make time for both work outs....I'm doing it though!
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Missy, that's awesome that you can fit it in even with all of your other obligations! It's so hard to motivate when you aren't done until that late. How do you like jazzercise?