Beginner Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• teresastr51
    teresastr51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like the zombie workout as punishment. I will be above the requirement for cardio at the end of today and am already over the strength. I need to sit down and add it up. I will be doing the character challenge today.

Joining this came at a good time for me, I realized yesterday I had reached one of those points where I could easily get slack again but this will keep me accountable and hopefully make it more of a habit so I won't be tempted to slack off when it is over. Thanks for the support on here. It really helps.
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I also have extra cardio minutes! Let me know if you need some. I may try to get in some extra strength training this evening along with my usual cardio!
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    The zombie thing looks cool... and fits in with the challenge in general.
    Last night I made it to 110 minutes cardio tonight will throw me over on my strength. I have to do my character challenge yet but I'm not 100% when I'll have the time. Tomorrow is my last chance so it'll be late.
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am also over on both if anyone needs cardio or strength! This has to be the best challenge because i have never been so dedicated to working out everyday. I have done the weight loss ones and I am in one right now and I swear for some reason the stress of having to lose keeps me from losing lol. My scale is stuck!
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    Bmercy21 wrote: »
    This has to be the best challenge because i have never been so dedicated to working out everyday. I have done the weight loss ones and I am in one right now and I swear for some reason the stress of having to lose keeps me from losing lol. My scale is stuck!

My weight loss fluctuates so badly that I feel like a weight loss challenge would just depress me! Lol. In this type of challenge...technically no one walks away a loser. We are all exercising and eating healthier, so regardless of who wins and who loses....we all win! This is what all challenges should be. :smile:

Also, I totally agree with you. I have definitely exercised more since beginning this challenge! I can't wait to see a change in my strength training. I hated it when we started this challenge, but I feel like that is changing a little. :)

• hummerjl
    hummerjl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I will have extra cardio minutes tomorrow, if anyone still needs some! :)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to remind everyone

TOMORROW IS THE END OF THE WEEK - DONT FORGET TO POST YOUR RESULTS ON THE SCOREBOARD.

If you wont be able to get to the forum, for whatever reason, send me a message and I will make sure to record your scores. There are over 50 members, we should see huge numbers!!!!!

Dont forget to ask your teammates if you need help completing a portion.
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    From what I see now we are totally kicking butt!
  • ashleigh315
    ashleigh315 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I also have extra cardio minutes if anyone needs them and I'll be doing my strength minutes today. I am SO proud of everyone! We're kicking butt!!!
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    MsTiffamee wrote: »
    This has to be the best challenge because i have never been so dedicated to working out everyday. I have done the weight loss ones and I am in one right now and I swear for some reason the stress of having to lose keeps me from losing lol. My scale is stuck!

My weight loss fluctuates so badly that I feel like a weight loss challenge would just depress me! Lol. In this type of challenge...technically no one walks away a loser. We are all exercising and eating healthier, so regardless of who wins and who loses....we all win! This is what all challenges should be. :smile:

Also, I totally agree with you. I have definitely exercised more since beginning this challenge! I can't wait to see a change in my strength training. I hated it when we started this challenge, but I feel like that is changing a little. :)

And the fact that we have teammates is so awesome! Usually I will join a challenge here or on another weight loss forum and it's something like "Run x miles this month" or "Lose x pounds by Christmas" or whatever. But if I DON'T do those things, nobody really knows or cares and I have zero accountability. So I just lose interest.

But with this challenge, we will let our teammates down if we don't keep up. My husband has joined it too and he's also on the beginner team, so it's nice that we keep reminding each other all week to get our numbers up. :-)
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    CindyB97 wrote: »

And the fact that we have teammates is so awesome! Usually I will join a challenge here or on another weight loss forum and it's something like "Run x miles this month" or "Lose x pounds by Christmas" or whatever. But if I DON'T do those things, nobody really knows or cares and I have zero accountability. So I just lose interest.

But with this challenge, we will let our teammates down if we don't keep up. My husband has joined it too and he's also on the beginner team, so it's nice that we keep reminding each other all week to get our numbers up. :-)

Agreed! It's awesome that you got your husband to join. I tried to get my husband to join, as we are both on MFP, but he wouldn't. I think he will next time though!
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    Just wanted to remind everyone to post your scores on the scoreboard today! Also, please let us know if you need any minutes. I am willing to donate what cardio minutes I have left over. Unfortunately I don't have any extra strength training minutes. I will try to do better with strength training next week so I can help more!

I have not reported to the scoreboard yet, but that's because I plan on exercising later today.

I'm so proud of the team. We have all worked hard, so lets post our scores and walk into next week with a victory! :)

Good job everyone!

• LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    Donating my 35 minutes from tonight's run
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yay, my first week was a success! The strength was a challenge, I had been planning to restart the You Are Your Own Gym 10-week routine but never got around to it, so I did 5 and 10 minutes here and there the last 2-3 days until I hit 40 minutes. I did 100 squats this morning!

Looking forward to the show tomorrow! Go Michonne!!!! Well, at least don't die.
  • ygniliem
    ygniliem Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm mel and new to challenges on here, nearly new to mfp and determined to lose a shed load of fat lol.
    Have to grovel as haven't kept in calorie goal or been able to do character challenge this week as I've been on holiday and have had limited internet access- promise to do better next week. On the plus side, have done the cardio and strength bits so it wasn't a total loss.
    Please feel free to friend me for mutual moral support, the more the merrier.
    Btw, I'm team michonne.
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to remind everyone to post your scores on the scoreboard today! Also, please let us know if you need any minutes. I am willing to donate what cardio minutes I have left over. Unfortunately I don't have any extra strength training minutes. I will try to do better with strength training next week so I can help more!

I have not reported to the scoreboard yet, but that's because I plan on exercising later today.

I'm so proud of the team. We have all worked hard, so lets post our scores and walk into next week with a victory! :)

Good job everyone!

Just posted! I am hoping next week will be better but I am proud of everyone for the work they put in this week! Go beginners!
  • tj1376
    Options
    23 Beginners have posted already - GREAT JOB!! :D

Still dont see the following team members on the scoreboard thread - MAKE SURE TO RECORD YOUR WEEK!!!

ANewCrystal4Life
    Bhcb1
    brightsideofpink
    Celticsnowflake
    Emwalker3406
    fourstamps
    Gottafitthedress
    Harlows
    independant2406
    jdecossas
    jeccalou
    jen7eleven
    jennhen
    julebg79
    karicatastrophic
    Kimberlee3090
    lhmcarthur
    MsTiffamee
    naanaamoreno
    r_jen
    shreddin_mama
    siratlas
    tamatisk
    Tbaby1514
    tiffany011191
    xMissMariex
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    Just posted....Go Beginners!!!!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Beginners totals for the week have been sent to the overall Challenge leader - good luck guys!!! You put up some fantastic numbers and should be very proud.

Dont forget to start on this next weeks challenge, it wont be posted until tomorrow, but here will always be strength and cardio totals to reach.

• tj1376
    Options
    Just in case your team is the winner this week - these are the punishments you have been discussing. You have until tomorrow to decide which one you would like to use if you win.
    - Squats, Planks, Burpees (need to designate a # of reps)
    - Jumping Jacks (need to designate a # of reps)
    - Burpees (need to designate a # of reps)
    - Turkish Getups (need to designate a # of reps)
    - 3 reps of: 10 Pushups, 20 situps, 25 squats, 20 lunges (each side), 80 jumping jacks, 60 sec wall sit
    - Zombie Survival Workout: 3sets for intermediate, 5 for advanced - 2 min shadow boxing, 20 high Knees, 10 jump knee tucks, 10 mountain climbers (each side), 10 pushups.

Those are your ideas - you pick the one you want.