Height: 5'4"
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight: 191
    Goal Weight: 145
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145
    Sex: Female
    Marital Status: married
    Children: one adult and one teenager

Have done low carb in the past and know it works for me. Just starting back on LCHF and keeping carbs under 25g.
    Looking for new friends who are doing low carb .
  • misschristineelizabeth
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Christine
    Height: 5'8
    SW: 270
    CW: 266.6
    GW: 196 (not obese) then 164 (not overweight)
    UGW: Happy, healthy and fertile
    Marital status: have a boyfriend
    No kids

Feel free to add me as a friend or send me a message! I am looking for people I can stay accountable with at least once a week. I would love to lose 100ish pounds and get healthy by my 30th birthday in 2 years.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I'm Crystal
    Height: 5'5
    CW: 233
    GW: 180
    Marital status: independently owned and operated - but accepting applications lol
    2 beautiful little girls age 8 and 7

I'm just now exploring lower carb options and how they benefit my health. My ultimate goal is to lose weight, but I honestly don't expect it. I've failed so many times.
  • wonderfullymadebyhim
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    HW: 199
    CW: 186
    GW: Under 150
    UGW: 146
    Location- Huntsville, ON, Canada (G8 Summit held here)
    Sex: F
    1 Child
    Married

Diet Plan-Dr. Poon's Metabolic Diet... very much like Atkins. I was just counting calories but I struggled with that and find that sticking to low carb veges and lean meats is more effective.

I live in cottage country so I hike a lot with my dog and keep track of my steps with a Fitbit Flex

Strengths- I have 6 chickens so fresh eggs come easy. I love to cook and am not a picky eater. I have good health so I can get out and get daily exercise.

Super weakness
    icing, chocolate, toast with butter. I live with 2 other people that are not carb conscious.
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    Options
    Back at MFP, back to LC. Need support.

Height: 5'3"
    HW: 214
    CW: 193
    GW: 175
    UGW: 145
    Location- Inland Northwest, Washington State
    4 Adult Children, 3 Grandchildren + 1 On The Way!
    Separated

Diet Plan-Protein Power with a Paleo/Primal Twist, and Auto Immune leanings. No eggs. Very limited dairy and nIghtshades. Gluten Free.

Walking daily, yoga, kayaking, hiking, biking.

Strengths-Love to move!
    Super weakness--Sugar. Sugar. Bread.
  • sylvettecorprewharris
    Options
    Hello! I'm Sylvette Nice to meet you!

HW: 202
    CW: 187
    GW: 160
    UGW: 145

Virginia

Diet Plan: Ketogenic Diet: High Fat, Moderate Protein, Low Carb
    Hip Surgery Soon: Lupus - Until then, I walk when I feel like it
  • futuremrsdodd
    Options
    Hello fellow low carbers!

Me:

HW: 240
    CW: 169
    GW: 145
    Location- Tampa, FL
    One beautiful daughter
    Engaged to my best friend!

I joined the group for some help with getting the last 24 pounds off! I am averaging 35-40 net carbs a day (this week 48,29,25,43,60,26,28) and just not loosing very much. I have been at it for almost 2 weeks and have lost 1 lb! I'm looking for any help available from others out there who are having sucess! :)
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,307 Member
    Options
    Hi, Been doing LCHF since January and have lost a total of 29 lbs but my primary goal was getting my blood glucose under control and I got off my 12 year metformin addiction in late March. My Endocrinologist was majorly impressed, lol. Sadly, now my thyroid is acting up again so I am now working on healing that. I have a hard time losing because I am still healing but it is slowly but surely going in the right direction. Mostly, I feel so much better; no surprise right? Type 2 is rampant in my dad's side of the family so I am trying to break the trend. I have a pile of research (I do it daily) at least 3' high and I find it fascinating. DH has lost 64 lbs so far; 53 of them since Father's Day June 15th. He is looking wonderful!

Height 5'2"
    HW: 195 lbs
    CW: 166 lbs
    GW: 115 lbs
    Sex: f
    Two college age children
    DH of 26 happy years :bigsmile: :smooched:

I would like to get this weight loss stepped up a bit but I can be patient if need be. My issues began at puberty so I have a lot of "undoing" to do.
    I am moderator for the Over 50 Women's Club so if any women are nearing or over 50 come on over! We respect all dieting types and have lots of fun. Maxine is our official mascot :drinker:
  • RockLobster4
    RockLobster4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my first time trying Atkins, and also my first time posting on a message board (ever)! I just completed my first day of the Atkins Induction and was pleasantly surprised that I did not feel hungry at all today. The hardest part is going to be resisting alcohol and appetizers at our weekend barbecues.

Name: Erin
    Height: 5'6"
    HW: 201
    CW: 184
    GW: 150
    UGW: 140
    Location- Northern California, USA
    Married with two children, ages 3 and 1

My initial plan is to do Phase 1 of the Atkins diet to detox myself from alcohol, sugar, and bread. If I see results, then I will continue into Phase 2. If not, I will re-evaluate my plan and possibly go with clean eating instead. I am hoping that by finding other people who are doing or have done Atkins, that I will feel supported and motivated to continue.
  • LowCarbFriend
    LowCarbFriend Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Height: 5'5
    HW: 233
    CW: 183.8
    GW: 125
    UGW: 115
    Location-Northern Virginia
    2 children 17 and 5 year old girls
    Married 19 years

Diet Plan-Low carb-

Exercise- My plan is 6 days a week with 1 day off at least 30min
    Strengths- Endurance

Weakness- also mashed potatoes, ice cream, chocolate, cake, bakery items, cookies, cheesecake, cheesecake, cheesecake... did i mention Cheesecake!! :smiley:
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    HW: 170
    CW: 157
    GW: 120
    UGW: not sure
    Female
    1 boy 24 yrs old
    single

current goal: bikini holiday in December eeek!!

Strengths: serious carnivore, active outdoor lifestyle

Weaknesses: can't cook to save my soul (culinarily challenged I say), salty or sweet snack foods (popcorn, chips, crackers, grapes, pickles).

FR's please!! :smiley:
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    HW: 170
    CW: 158
    GW: 138
    UGW: 128
    Female
    married
    6 kids total 1 - 13 year old girl still at home

Current goal: 148 by December 15 for video projects
    Strengths: I love savory foods so meat and veggies are easy to do. I am learning how to have "fun" with my exercise.
    Weaknesses: I like crispy, savory snacks which usually means some kind of chips.
  • crsmiley
    crsmiley Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hello all :)
    I am back on Atkins after successfully losing over 80 pounds a few years ago. I did well maintaining my weightless or at least staying within a manageable range until about a year ago but recommitted myself to my vow to never gain it all back. After a solid week on induction I am doing well. This is my first time using MFP and I love it!

Hello I am very new to low carb.

SW: 234.8
    CW: 223.2
    GW: 165
    Location- Ocala, FL
    2 children - a 25 year old son and a 22 year old daughter

My goals for right now are to become more active and to reach the 20 lb. loss mark!!

:)
  • LennyLenardo
    LennyLenardo Posts: 6 Member
    Options

SW: Don't remember since it was so long ago and I yo-yo a lot. Max was 168
    CW: 158
    GW: 120
    Location- Calgary, AB
    No Children
    Common Law for 10 years!

I've been put on low carb by my ob/gyn, endocrinologist and dietician. Over the past two years I have been diagnosed with both PCOS and endometriosis. The pain from my endo is very server, I take Naproxen 500 and t3 each twice a day and still need a heating pad for pain. I want to have children but I've had to go back on the pill to try to regulate my hormones. They say that one of the best strategies for helping the symptoms of both conditions is to loose weight. I started the pill this month and low carb this week and have already lost 5 lbs! My goal is 120 lbs because whenever I'm between 115-125 I don't have any muscle or mood issues. OH and one of the problems with PCOS is that I burn half as many calories doing exercise as I would if I didn't have PCOS, so my weight loss is very diet centric and I am VERY bad a dieting. I'm going to need a lot of help with this one.
  • rebeccaker
    rebeccaker Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    HW: 255
    CW: 220.8
    GW: under 200
    UGW: 160ish
    Location- Mulberry, In
    6 kids, ages 13, 11, 9, 8, 3, and 2
    Married for 10 years

Diet Plan- New to low carb. Reading up on it to get all the info I can get.
  • royvmax
    royvmax Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    My name is Roy and I live in Falkrik, Scotland.

HW 290 CW 270 GW 210 Age 52 Male

2weight training sessions a week plus one or two tennis session. Lots of dog walking.

Started taking a real interest in getting healthier in January last year when my weight hit 290lbs. I started hitting the gym three times a week as per the Stronglifts workout. Made some great strength gains and got fitter and lost about 5 kg without altering diet at all - if anything I ate a lot more!

Realised that to lose more body fat I needed to alter my diet so have played around with Dukan, Lower Carb High Protein, Paleo and have lost another 4kg.

After reading some tips on here about LCHF I have decided to give it a go as it seems to suit my food likes. I have gotten used to not eating bread/pasta/rice over the past few months but now the main target is sugar. Sugar in fruit juice / coffee and the very occasional biscuit!

For the last two weeks I have been at the supermarket everyday and am spending a fortune! And a heap of time due to all the home cooking and preparation so I hope it will be worth it.
  • Shewolfgurl
    Options
    Good morning! I'm new to MFP and fairly new to low carbing. Looking forward to interacting with this group and learning and sharing this adventure.

HW: 225
    SW: (this time 'round) 210
    CW: 195
    GW: 140
    Location- Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Children: Daughter 34, Son 27
    Divorced x 3, Single - definitely NOT looking .. lol

MY plan.. Reducing carbs, generally eating healthier, might sneak in an egg fast or two , just because I've never done it before and am curious.. walking

My weaknesses are: Muscular dystrophy limits my activity. Food weaknesses are anything of the Mexican variety and milk.

My passions: Witchcraft and College football.. Roll Tide!!

My strengths are: Being able to take this to a spiritual level by doing meditations and energy work to assist me towards my goals.
  • LMS1230
    LMS1230 Posts: 30
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 244
    CW: 207
    GW: 180
    UGW: 160-150
    Location- Vermont
    3 children
    Married

Diet Plan- Low Carber... I try to stick to about 40 net carbs or under a day with 1 cheat goodie on Fridays.

Weaknesses: wise hickory bacon potato sticks(yum!), Hawaiian pizza with bacon and onions (I haven't had any since July but do crave it), hot wings, baked goodies, french fries with gravy and cheese(again none since July but do crave it)
  • emeraldseyes
    Options
    Height: 5"6
    St.Catharines, Ont
    Age 31
    2 Children
    Engaged

My biggest Diet Challenge is to stop drinking Pop/Soda
    and to cut out carbs!