Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Been slacking here lately, things have been kind of crazy. We re-shingled our roof, got a storm...shingles blew off, hubby lost his truck keys for a few days....couldn't drive the truck. Its been kind of chaotic. Lost my kitty....he's been missing for almost a week. But...on a brighter note, my son is home from University for a "ready/study" week. This is new, usually they just have one in February. So...we're enjoying having him home...regardless of the mess he makes. haha

Still running, still exercising but as always, eating control is suffering! Yesterday I did a Jillian Michaels RI30 workout. Today....not sure, I'll either do another of those or I'll run.

Hope you're all well!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Happy Monday all (if happy and monday even belong together!)

Cindytw, not fun on pipes and mold -- good luck with that :( Stacking wood is a great workout so keep that in mind. Hope your sleeping turns around.

Maureen, nice to see you again. Crazy week for you! Is that roof covered or do you have to pay again? how frustrating! Sorry about your kitty, hope he's back soon! Enjoy the time with your son! I have Noah home for 2 more years and know I'll miss him crazy when he's gone, but happy for him he can start to branch out.

Lisa/Brenda, hope you continued the good patterns over the weekend.

I got some exercise in, but not as much as I wanted. I have 13 miles to get in by Friday to keep my October goals - so I brought my gym clothes to work and plan on doing 3 miles at lunch during the week and then walking the dog at night. I should be able to get it all in.

Grocery shopping yesterday and what did Pepperidge Farm think they were doing when they made Pumpkin Cheesecake and Caramel Apple cookies????? They looked SO GOOD! They were in my cart and when I got 1/2 way down the next aisle, I turned around and put them back. Glad I did, but not at the same time ha ha…..

Has anyone tried Vita Muffin Tops? They are 100 calories and have extra fiber in them and are pretty good toasted in the morning. I was at a different grocery store and forgot all about them until I say them again so grabbed a few boxes. Try them out!!!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    TGI-Monday for me!

Happy to leaving for a few days tomorrow to celebrate our 15th anniversary. DH & I have not been ANYWHERE together without kids or for work, since we had kids. We have been away 2 times for work, and our schedules had been so busy we felt that we needed a vacation after. I am a planner, but I have even held back & done my best to not plan every minutes of the next few days. We are bringing our bikes & hope to bike between the wineries & breweries in the area close to our hotel. Hopefully the exercise balances the eating & drinking. If not, oh well. I will be back at on Friday.

I am not even sure how it will be to actually have couple time. We don't even go out on dates or anywhere without other people. Hopefully we still have things to talk about that aren't work related.

I weight lifted today & will run tomorrow before we leave. How much damage can 2 days really do? I guess we will see on Friday.

Have a good week, if I don't have a chance to check in!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    HAVE FUN LISA!!!!!!!
  • maureli
    Options
    Good morning everyone

No signs of kitty yet :( I know that cats can disappear for weeks and then come back, but he really didn't go far ever....but I still have hope.
    Got a windy 6K run in yesterday, today I might do a Jillian workout. My strength classes are cancelled this week as the instructor is away.

Evening food still needs improvement. I will work on that tonight

Lisa - enjoy your alone time with hubby! Sounds fantastic :) And happy anniversary!

Cindy - the roof was covered,thankfully! Good job on returning the cheesecake and cookies back to the shelf. I love any kind of pumpkin stuff....oh, so good. I don't think I've ever seen the Vita Muffin Tops around here.

• summerluno2
    Options
    Sorry about the kitty Maureen :( The Vita Muffin Tops can be found in the frozen food section near bagels, etc. They come in blueberry, chocolate (which tastes like a brownie!), corn, apple and a few other flavors.

Today I am working out 2x as I only did a slow paced walk with the dog yesterday so feel as if I didn't work out. Will do 30 mins of elliptical in gym and then the C25K at the high school track tonight. I'm pushing to get my miles in and also for a good weigh in on Friday.

Change the clocks this Saturday--not looking forward to how dark it will be next week :(

Made a bunch of chicken vegetable soup last night so I have a few meals that are low calorie, filling and yummy for the next few days!

Happy Tuesday :)

• maureli
    Options
    I will look for those muffin tops next trip to the grocery store Cindy. Good for you getting a double workout in today! I just finished a Jillian Michaels RI30. I agree about the clocks turning back. Its so hard to get use to the nights being dark early. However, I am finding the mornings a bit dark as well.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Hi Hi … well I was ambitious this morning, but then the day happened. No workout at lunch. Had to stay at work til 6, then boss wanted meeting at bar across street so super was martini and chips …. I intended for a good day! BUT… I felt bad getting home, pitch dark out and grabbed my flashlight and still did my 30 minute run. So it wasn't a complete loss!

Double workout for tomorrow!!!!

Hope you find the muffins Maureen. Here's the link to the site so you know what the box will look like: http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitamuffins.html

• summerluno2
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt -- Caramel Macciato flavor. Yum! Great coffee flavor. Going to try with skim milk and protein powder for a shake. But even great alone!!!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Been up at 5:15 am the past two mornings for workouts - JMBR and ran today. Have a mind set to keep the 5:15 am thing going, even on Saturday and Sunday. I've read you should get up at the same time every morning so it doesn't disrupt your "system". I'll see how it goes!!
    -
    Cindytw, we had the same mold issue in our old house, so not fun. Know what you mean with the allergies. Home projects do burn a lot of calories though! Hope the insomnia gets better!

Maureen, glad to hear from you again. Hope the kitty shows up soon! They have a way of traveling. We had one leave and came back a year and a half later – showed up on Christmas Eve – was a great present!

Cindy, hope you get all your miles in! 50 is a lot – so awesome! Will have to try the Vita Muffin tops. Saw an ad for them in one of my magazines and they looked really good! Great job on the double workouts and getting the run in even after the bar!! Let me know how the shake is with the caramel macciato yogurt - sounds awesome! Never thought of putting yogurt in shake!

Lisa, hope you are having a great time! Couple time is ALWAYS a good thing!!

Have a great day!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just a quick check in! Still trying to figure out the mold thing, but one thing I have discovered is the one window with the rotted sill has TONS of condensation on it, and NONE of the other windows do. IDK, have some homework to do because its just going to rot again! Haven't figured out the shower, going to leave it open for some time to see if I can find the source. Have been doing pretty bad with exercise, I have been so preoccupied with other things, like the house stuff and work and trying to get my sleep back on track and being tired. I am making progress, but my gym routine and my tracking are taking a backseat. I also have been listening to a Paleo women's weight loss conference online in the midst of this. Don't want to miss it but don't want to pay for it to listen to later so I have to listen to the interviews before they are taken down.

Lisa, have a great time!!

Maureen, I am an animal lover with 3 cats and a dog, would have more if not for the hubby! ;) My oldest cat went missing for a bit and the only way I got him back was I put up pictures on all the utility poles and banks of mailboxes. It turned out he was at a neighbors house that thought he was a stray and took him in. Good luck!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Happy Thursday … Halloween candy day tomorrow; lets be good!

Brenda, can you get up at 5:15 and work out for me too? I am not a morning girl and then adding in exercise; I'll keep dreaming!

Cindytw, are you doing the Paleo? My sil swears by it, but I don't think it's in me.

I joined a Meetup Group for Women Fitness Buddies in my area and it seems like it'll be pretty good. They meet on average 3x a week and do different things: C25K, Hikes, Classes at various gyms, etc. Hoping this helps me connect with others to keep me motivated in the winter.

Bad eating today. Had to take son to dr in Boston for surgery consultation (2 hrs away) so we ate Burger King and then when I got home starving so dipped into chips/salsa. Not my best :( I'll make sure dinner is leanest proteins and veggies to help compensate.

I have 6 miles to get in by tmrw; so I'm off in a few minutes to do 3 today and 3 today and I'll have made the 50. By the skin of my teeth!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Cindy-Yes I am Paleo, but still struggling with dairy. It is the natural progression for me with Celiac and other GI issues. I may not be either if my GI system didn't decide for me! I do think its better health wise, but sometimes its hard to give up our food traditions. I went into all out mourning when I found out I had to give up gluten! It's SO pervasive! But the upside was, I HAD to eat healthier and plan. I am never out of the house without food on my person, because I can't be somewhere I may not find anything to eat.

Cindy that meetup group sounds cool! I should look at something like that but its hard with my job. I work odd hours, 1p-9p or 2p-10p. Sometimes earlier. Its good for me because I am a night owl, but not conducive to joining groups of any kind. When I DO get into stuff, it is usually the chip or fried food variety. I totally get it! I hadn't had ice cream in 4 years and I ate a pint of Haagen Das the other night! That's done for hopefully another 4 years! I don't usually want it, it was a fluke PMS craving I think.

Looking forward to my weekend, this week has been really just TOO MUCH! I do have things to do here at home, but I am taking a lazy day for one of the days. 2 more work days to get through!

Happy Friday, and Halloween to all that have normal schedules!
  • summerluno2
    Options

Had a good start to my day and just logged on to write all happy stuff and bamn, a moment changes and puts you in a mood.

My friends son lost her leg in a boating accident last year. Practically lost his life. A guy in her dept. just came by in his halloween costume -- scary santa with a severed leg hanging out of his bag. Are you F-ING serious? So I nicely asked if Julie was in today, and started tearing up. I said after my son's accident I know there are things people don't mean to say or do that trigger up emotions but it happens; and I'm worried this one could really hurt Julie. His response: Taking it out would ruin the costume. SERIOUSLY! Omg I'm beyond words

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    What an *kitten*. I can understand not thinking, but once someone points it out & the person is still not considerate. That is an *kitten*.

Well. We are back from our mini vacation. We had a very nice time. Lots of food & wine. We went for a long 90 minute walk as well. Turns out my period started 4 days early & was of course heavier then it has ever been with horrible cramps, so that kinda put a damper on some aspects of alone time ;) it was a good way to spend our anniversary & hopefully we can make it an annual thing.

Back at it with a trip to the gym this morning already. Not sure how food will be today as I didn't really get groceries last weekend. Tomorrow will be full force dedication again. I don't think I am going to work much, if at all today. Just clean up the house, do some planning & pick up the dog from the kennel. It is a rainy, yucky, dreary day. 1st chance of snow so the kids will be cold trick or treating!

Happy Halloween!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Good morning!

Wow, what an *kitten* indeed about the costume! Unreal!

Got a bit of the flu bug yesterday. Had the day off so went shopping and ended up coming home early. :\ Husband took son trick or treating and it was a cold one. No chance of snow yet thank goodness!

Didn't get my exercise in yesterday. Feeling better today, but will see how the day goes. Might just take it off and start again tomorrow!

Glad you had a nice mini vacation Lisa!

Have a great weekend!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Lisa hope you didn't get snow!!!!

Brenda, boo on flu - feel better soon.

Yesterday's incident put me in a rut and I didn't do much. I ended up eating candy bars for dinner, which wasn't so smart, but the day is past and I'll move on.

Today is my Mom's bday dinner so I've been extra good with my foods so far today and will stick with my pre picked meal and have no bread. I should be okay.

Just posted November goals….I was shy of October's 50 miles by 3 miles :( Now that I know it's colder out, I tried to be more realistic with 40 for November.

Have a great weekend.
  • maureli
    Options
    good morning! Monday again....

Study break is over, drove our son back to university yesterday, he came home in a dumping rain and wind storm - and that is what we drove him back in. Man, I am really getting tired of this dark dreary weather. Oh a good note, though....our roof shingles are all intact!

Today I plan to run. Its November, a new month. I need to make some goals and stick to a plan, like I did this spring. I really don't want to end up like I did last winter, in a huge rut and I just could NOT get out of it. I am going to think of some realistic goals for this month and will post them later today.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Hellooo!!!

Agree Maureen … winter is so hard and the cold, darker days do not help!!!!

My company runs a Holiday Lose 'Em campaign Nov-Feb. You weigh in 1x a month and as long as the next month you don't gain any weight you are entered into a monthly raffle for prizes. At the end of the campaign there is a grand prize you are entered in (iPads, xbox's, etc.) Starts tomorrow … so at least I have another motivation to keep moving. I'm hoping to continue losing and not just maintain.

I was bad … very bad … this weekend, so I plan to make it up by little carbs (and only healthy ones) for the next 5 days and exercise every day. I need to start getting myself use to the fact that I can't run at home M-F anymore so I must get that in during my work lunch; plus it'll be good to be away from my desk.

Maybe we can all think of something a group goal or something that keeps us motivated---thoughts???

• bhox3
    Options
    Good morning! Yep, it's Monday. I'm off today, so at least it's a good Monday! Will get my JMBR in today.

Maureen, glad the shingles are intact!! We've been pretty lucky here with lots of sun, but it's been VERY windy

Cindy, I love the Holiday Lose 'Em campaign. Wish we had something like that where I work! I keep trying to get them to take one of the offices and make a gym, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe someday!!

I'm all for the group goal/motivation idea!

Have a great day!