Leslie Sansone November 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!
It is nearly November, and time to be thinking about a new monthly challenge! Crisp and cold weather is around the corner for many of us, or already here for others. Having Leslie's or other walking DVDs to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors will still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, but those great walks outside or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs, count also. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! And if you have some fun trails to walk or hike post them too because it is all good B) .

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, or however you like.

If you find this group in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome!

So tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know :happy: . So please share if you would care to.

Come on in and let us start walking the November 2014 challenge together. I am thankful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile and step by step!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am in for the November challenge. I am going to aim again for 100 miles.
    I completed Leslie's 4 Fast Miles this morning.
    4/100
    60817891.png
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I had a bad October - pesky chest cold that seems to want to live with me for weeks!! It is getting cold out now so if I want to get any walking in I am going to have to dust off my DVD's ... the doctor says "don't breath in cold air" ...well laudy dah!!!

So.... my goal will be 100 miles and 15 days over 10,000 steps....
  • 19amm82
    19amm82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is the first month of Leslie Sansone for me. I am going to start using her DVD's again. I tried a while back and it was fun and wasn't too bad! I had an account with MFP for a long time, but deleted it to start completely over.

My goal is 20 miles this month. That should be do-able. :smiley:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 75 miles this month. About to lace up now and listen to Leslie tell me not to tip back and how to do a side step. Hope I can keep up. Lol. >:)
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm in...completely derailed myself because of stress and depression over the past several months. Gross, I know...155 now, gained 4 pounds. My goal this month is simply to walk with Leslie everyday without setting a specific milage goal. I will record miles walked just
    for the record, but will not obsess about numbers like I usually do. AWESOME to be back;
    wishing everyone the best with a special side hello to all our November Newbies!!!
  • christchick7
    Options
    Texasagardnr's Blue Mile done...warm up, blue mile 1x, cool down. Thank you Mary, for
    creating this... ;)
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I'm also in with a goal of 50. Even with all the things going on this month, I am going to lift my wights and walk off these last few pesky pounds! :trollface:

Goal-50 miles
    11/1-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles total

Welcome to our group 19amm82! :smile:

Welcome Back Sue! We missed you and are glad you are feeling better. Those 4 pounds will drop of very quickly once they know Sue & Leslie are back together again!! :wink:

Now Ann, remember that the side step is the same count as a grape vine! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • AnnofB
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    I'm also in with a goal of 50. Even with all the things going on this month, I am going to lift my wights and walk off these last few pesky pounds! :trollface:

Goal-50 miles

Welcome to our group 19amm82! :smile:

Welcome Back Sue! We missed you and are glad you are feeling better. Those 4 pounds will drop of very quickly once they know Sue & Leslie are back together again!! :wink:

Now Ann, remember that the side step is the same count as a grape vine! :laugh:

27715887.png

You always make me laugh. :D

• AnnofB
    Options
    I'm in...completely derailed myself because of stress and depression over the past several months. Gross, I know...155 now, gained 4 pounds. My goal this month is simply to walk with Leslie everyday without setting a specific milage goal. I will record miles walked just
    for the record, but will not obsess about numbers like I usually do. AWESOME to be back;
    wishing everyone the best with a special side hello to all our November Newbies!!!

Good to see you here again Sue. Absolutely right about letting the numbers take care of themselves. In fact, a lot of people are just tracking the minutes they walk. And some do both. Heck, you could just put the name of the workout only-no miles or minutes if you want too. What ever makes it easy to stick with, that's what you do. It's good to be walking with you again. :D

• AnnofB
    Options
    Goal: 75 miles

11/1 4 The 4 Mile Super Challenge

Walk Strong!
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Goal for November - 45 miles. :)
    Good luck everyone and walk strong.XXX
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I am in for 80 miles this month. I am going on a cruise later this month so don't know how much walking I will do and will have to log it when I get home because I wont have the internet (at least not at their prices.

3.80 miles walked today.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    With the new job, its going to be a bit more difficult to get in all my miles. I am going to shoot for 150 this month.

9 advanced miles with Leslie

9 miles with Leslie to date

3 miles outside

3 miles outside to date

12 miles total / goal 150

Happy Walking!!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good, good morning! This may have been my last walk in the park for the year. I am not swearing to it. It was 25 degrees and cold, cold, cold. With that said it was an amazing walk with a beautiful sunrise to greet my day. My hands and feet could not get warm. The rest of me was alright. I completed 6 miles. Who am I kidding? I will be out there again. LOL
    10/100
    60817891.png
  • Sherryisgettingfit
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sherry, new to the group...my goal is 50 miles for the month of November!!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal 75

11/1 4 4 Mile Super Challenge
    11/2 3 Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Goal-50 miles
    11/2=WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=9 miles total

Welcome Sherry! My fellow 50 miler! We can do this! :drinker:

27715887.png

• DaLoveLEE1
    DaLoveLEE1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the group. I'm setting a goal of 50 miles this month. Looking forward to walking with ya!
  • christchick7
    Options
    Nov 2 2014 2 miles 35 min set to Amy Grant's In Motion: The Remixes
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    6 advanced miles with Leslie

15 miles with Leslie to date

2 miles outside

5 miles outside to date

20 miles total / goal 150