Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hi All.. Happy Monday!

This weekend I was VERY VERY VERY bad. Well, the food I ate was not very healthy, anyway. I know that I ate too much. I kind of lost control on those mini chocolate bars on Friday, & that continued to Sunday. I felt very yucky, achy joints, bloated. Today I think I am coming off of sugar & junk overindulgence & I have a headache! oh well, healthy eating here I come!

I went to the gym this morning. I can't really lift weights as I hurt my wrist on Friday, so I squatted (so that I will not be in pain when I can lift again) & I ran on the treadmill. I didn't hate it too much, so I will go again tomorrow.

I will set my goals for November later today or tomorrow morning. I have no trips away, no holidays, and our store is slow, so I should have lots of time to exercise and eat right.
    I had lost a few pounds last month, but gained it back right at the end with our trip. I also did not run as much as I wanted. Oh well, new month, new goals, and lots more time!

Hope your Monday was good!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Logging in because I am STARVING right now and figure if I say hi and talk maybe I won't eat. I've tried a cup of tea for something sweet and maybe to help fill, but no luck. Lisa, I think I'm like you - off the candy/sugar barrel and my body is craving it. Another hour or two before bed!

Let's be creative and think of a challenge we can all do this month to keep us focused. Thoughts?
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Woke up to the sun today, its about time. Seems like its been so dreary lately and my mood has been too. Today will be a pick me up. I did get out to run just over 6K yesterday, first day this fall that i've had to wear my winter running gear. Hat...mitts...long tights. I actually don't mind running in the cold weather, I don't like the snow mind you, but I don't mind the cold.
    My instructor for my exercise class was away all last week so I'll be going tonight, hopefully a good strength workout. I really need November to be a good month. Last winter, after christmas I gained close to 10lbs. Then, when Spring hit....I took it off. I can even express how miserable I was with this added weight on and I really don't want that to happen again this year.

cindy - hope you made it to bed last night without the sugar! I have been doing the same thing, trying a cup of tea mid-evening. Fortunately it doesn't seem to keep me awake.

lisa - hope you made it back to the gym today, those mini-chocolate bars are seriously dangerous. I only bought chips because I knew I wouldn't have as much trouble staying out of them. Plus, my kids are older so don't go out and bring a load home.

bhox3 - always nice to have Monday off, great way to start the week :) How is the JMBR going?

I still have not posted my goals. I must go and do that now.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Nice to see you Maureen :) Enjoy tonights workout --- I start my first class with my new group tomorrow night so I'm excited for something different.

Just saying a quick hello -- have a great day!
  • maureli
    Options
    ! I am feeling motivated this morning, hopefully it will last throughout the day. I was quite disappointed last night, went to my exercised class only to find out that it was cancelled. So....I wasted my day, could have done something at home and didn't. Oh well. Run today.

Cindy - hope you have a great workout tonight!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    oh goodness.. I am SO tired! I hope this feeling passes soon. I am going to have to start taking my supplements & Vitamin D again I think. Not exactly sure why I stop taking them when life is usually better when I do. I was awake most of the night so I did not go to the gym this morning. My wrist is still very sore so I would not have been able to lift weights anyway.

I am working on a big project at work. Every few years I get a brain storm. One year it was selling Webkinz & giftware (during the Webkinz craze). It made us a ton of money to get through the recession. The next one was to use part of our store and turn it into a old fashioned candy store. That was awesome, & tons of fun, but has slowed down & the novelty (like Webkinz) has worn off. People will be sad if we close the candy store, we even won a award for it last year, but I think it is time to move on.

This time I actually thought of something related to our pool store, so it won't seem so off the wall. Hopefully, if all goes well, we will launch in March of 2015. It is very exciting, innovative & could go Canada wide if we do it properly. It means that I will be working this winter instead of just working out and relaxing, but I think it will be worth it. Fortunately, the biggest expense to us is my time for this venture so it is a no lose situation.

hope you are having a great day!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Maureen - bummer on getting to class and not having it happen :( My workout meet up group actually has a rule that if you miss 2 classes they kick you out. Harsh, but it's good so 1 person doesn't go alone or you don't take up slots that others wanted.

Lisa, I get you cant' tell us your idea -- but can't wait to hear and learn!!! GOOD LUCK! Keep up with your vitamins and get some daylight if you can.

I have to say, I've been awful this week - seriously so bad that today I was actually almost depressed. Candy, not logging, no exercise, meals larger than regular, etc. I really need to get back to this I am NOT HAPPY with myself. I liked myself so much better last week.

Tomorrows goal is to write you every bad thing I eat/do. Maybe that will help me?? Going to try to get to the gym in the morning instead of afternoon at work as come 2:00 there is so much to get done before I get home. Maybe a 10:00 gym run will work.

Have a good nite!
  • maureli
    Options
    Cindy - I am hoping to hear that you are having a better today today...make it to the gym this morning and that the candy is gone! I know exactly where you are coming from, I am actually having a good week this week...but had that sort of week last week.

Lisa - good luck with your new project...and I hope you have tons of success, and hey, if its Canada wide maybe I will get to partake! hehe

We are having more grey weather, but its not raining nor blowing, so I'll not complain too much. Some parts of NB had a lot of snow over the weekend, I am SO hoping for a better winter than last year. I wouldn't mind quite so much if my kids weren't going to be driving in it. When they were little I use to wish for and love snow.

Got 6K run in yesterday and ended up with the best pace I've had in a long time. Just felt good. Just finished another 6K run this morning...however not as great a pace but I'm happy to have got it done. I am going to do some floor exercises too.

• summerluno2
    Options
    Thanks Maureen. So far so good. 1 mini kit kat bar, but everything else good. Haven't made gym yet and getting worried I won't :( But if not, I'll make myself work out tonight. 1 small step at a time and I think today's a good start to get back to track. Glad it's all feeling good for you - love being in that state of mind!

Hope everyone else is well :)
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Maureen, we are having a grey day too, but it is raining here. They are saying next week some polar event is going to happen to put is into deep freeze. DH better get our pool closed!

Cindy I am right there with you. I started a message earlier about how I had not had a chocolate bar at 10am, and felt accomplished :) I can't wait until all of the crap is gone. I may start throwing things out next week, since I seem to have NO will power. My kids & husband don't need all that stuff either!

I went to the clinic this morning to make sure my wrist wasn't broken. It just wasn't getting better, it was getting worse & I was starting to worry. He said he is 99% sure it is not broken, but that he will send my x-rays to a radiologist just to be sure. Looks like a soft tissue injury & he recommended a wrist brace, so hopefully that will help to get the rest my wrist needs to get better. No heavy lifting until it doesn't hurt & the swelling goes down. I guess these things don't go away on without rest. It is really hard to rest your wrist. Guess I will just have to run & do regular squats. Gotta do something to make up for the candy!

Hope your day is going well!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! JMBR is going really good. I'm sore from head to toe, but it's a good sore! Feeling stronger and liking it better the second time around.

I took most of our candy to work so the temptation isn't at home, but I'm having a hard time staying out of it at work now!

Maureen/Cindy, I was in that same slump through all of October. I've finally turned around and am getting back into it. Had to get my head in the right place I guess. I think the weather does have a lot to do with it though.

Lisa, glad your wrist isn't broken! I know it's really hard to rest your wrist (I'm a secretary with carpal tunnel)! Good luck and take it easy!!

Have a great day!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Hi Lisa … I threw my chocolate away tonight and it felt good!!! I did good today, not great, but happy I'm back on my way to be me again. Got a small walk in tonight so at least it was something, but definitely exercise exercise exercise this weekend! Hope your wrist feels better soon … yes rest and lots of is needed!
  • maureli
    Options
    Well what can I say....another grey day. And today its giving rain. Yesterday we did end up with rain as well but fortunately I was able to get my run in before. Also got some squats in and my floor workout. I have a series of leg exercises that I do for the butt/thigh/hip area.
    Today I will do a Jillian Michaels workout. Tonight we are going out to dinner for my inlaws 50th anniversary to a somewhat fancy place that I have never been to. Its relatively new but I've heard really good things. So I won't be cooking supper tonight.

Cindy - good for you throwing away those nasty halloween chocolate bars! When my kids were little I would eat them several at a time. So dangerous for me!

bhox3 - glad that the jmbr is going well, she can certainly give a good workout. How long are they? I've been doing her RI30 and 30D Shred ones for awhile now, just alternating them. I always get a good workout.

Lisa - crossing my fingers your wrist heals up quickly now and its not broken

• bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Was going to get up and run this morning, but my son brought me breakfast in bed! So will run this afternoon. JMBR is still going well - major soreness today, but I'm loving it! The workouts are about 30 minutes including the warm up. I tried the RI30 a few years ago, but never made it to the third phase. Probably would now that I'm in better shape :# .

Hope everyone is doing well and have a great weekend!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    HI …. checking in and giving a big sigh, because I am sucking at this right now!!! Yes I threw the candies away, but the doritios were still there. I have been completely AWFUL and am not surprised if I've gained 2-3 lbs. It's Saturday/Sunday and I have limited plans this weekend so I am absolutely getting in hour run/walks and some leg exercises. Tuesday/Wednesday I'm in NY for work so that will be tempting too, but I've really got to quit being bad.

Maureen, glad you got your run in before the rain … I'll keep that in mind tonight before the dark. Brenda, I love JM, she hurts my knees though :( So sweet of your son to bring you breakfast! Lisa, hope your wrist is healing up!!!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Cindy, I am pretty bad too. I am giving myself until Monday then I am going on the Dr. Oz 14 day rapid weight loss diet. Well, my modified version anyway. I need something that is going to give me some structure & restrictions I think. Either that or I have to completely stop eating everything, because I cannot seem to stop! The way I look at it is that it is good to have some higher calorie days, because then my body will be ready to lose again. Maybe I will have one of the big 1st week weight losses! :wink:

My wrist is almost better so I don't have any more excuses. I ended up having to work the entire day today because DH has the flu. That limited my exercise time, but I don't think I was going to do anything anyway. It is cold, rainy, and yucky out. One of those cold damp days that the cold just seems to go right through you. So here I sit, in a really quiet candy store. Not really a good place for me right now. I can't throw things out here! I am drinking tea, and reading my book, staying in my office, away from candy, when no customers are here. I used to have employees work Saturdays during the winter, but now that I see what goes on here, I might work them all. It is easier then being at home with the kids! :)
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone. We are having a relaxing day today. One more day of allowed indulgence that I am back at it & dedicated until Christmas. Funny that I lost a pound this week. Just goes to show you that the scale does not show the whole picture. I believe sometimes the stress of long runs & heavy weights sometimes impedes my weight loss.

I have a pot of bone broth simmering on the stove. I will let it cook for 24 hours & then enjoy it's yummyness and health benefits. It is a super food, full of minerals, and other stuff that are a real help to staying healthy, especially during the winter. Last year I tried to make a pot every week during the winter & fall to keep healthy. Much better than boxed broth. I have a mug of it for a snack, at least once a day, I also use it as a base for soup, use it rather then oil even cooking stuff. I try not to microwave it to heat it up, but that is not possible when I am work. Does anyone else make it?

Have a great day!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Interested to learn what the Dr Oz 14 day is…goggling as I type this.

Let's do something that keeps us GOOD. Shout out any ideas. Wish I could think of some. A competition? A reward if we all do our goals? Thoughts???

I've been better yesterday/today, but not where I want to be, but I'm glad to see I'm slowly getting back there. I'm about to head out for a run so I know I'll feel good after that.

Listening to Dr. Oz now……and then off for a run.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Lisa, I watched the Dr Oz video and that diet will work. I do something extremely similar in the beginning of May and lost about 11 lbs in 2 weeks. There were minor differences …. so go for it! I'll be almost joining you as of tomorrow. Since I know my diet (17 day cycle) by heart, I'll start on that one.

We can do this!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    I'm back in it! Today I cooked up chicken/vegetable soup (no rice/pasta). I made enough for almost the week. My plan is the next few days to eat egg whites, greek yogurt, salad, chicken soup, clementines and veggies. That's it. My body could use a good cleaning and this should do it. I'm in NY, Weds/Thurs so that will be hard, but M/T/F I'm definitely doing just this.

Tomorrow night my Fitness Group is going to a trampoline park so I've signed up for that - going to be fun!!!!

I'm feeling it all come back now. :D