Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 200 free, 3 x 200 I.M., 2 x 100 I.M., 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    No swimming last night due to the holiday. Pool was closed. I went for a nice run instead.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    many many thanks to all on this board for the help,support and encouragement over the last 5 months.
    hit a huge half- century of weight loss pounds today,the majority i attribute to swimming and being part of this community.
    hope the next part of the journey,although slower,will be just as enjoyable.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great adjustment, ashen!!!!

Clive - you've done a great job & you've been a great source of support & motivation for us as well.....
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2.5 km
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »
    many many thanks to all on this board for the help,support and encouragement over the last 5 months.
    hit a huge half- century of weight loss pounds today,the majority i attribute to swimming and being part of this community.
    hope the next part of the journey,although slower,will be just as enjoyable.

Congratulations,
    Honestly the profile picture you have now looks like a totally different person than the previous one!
    I lost all my weight from swimming and MFP too!
    Fantastic, and keep doing what you're doing!!!
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well done Clive - that's fantastic!

Back in the pool this morning for a 45 min swim for the first time since last week. Had to go to Ireland for a funeral which, as you can imagine, isn't the best but it was a good send-off. Put on a few pounds as well due to me not refusing to partake in Irish hospitality, so am definately making sure I cut down to diet rather than maintenance food levels for the next couple of weeks.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Great, Clive!

I'm sorry for your loss, Panda.

(I did swim today 1200 34:54)
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes: 1 mile @ 33 min. + 1 @ 34 min
    + To all keep up the good work.
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    20x50 today! Damn four letter word, "WORK" B)
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    finally got an hour of breastroke in.
    slight word of caution, mfp credits me with 832 cals for 1 hour.my gym website factors in age,weight and distance swam.only 372 cals burned.
    never seen such a huge differential before.
  • AquaticQuests
    edited November 2014
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »
    finally got an hour of breastroke in.
    slight word of caution, mfp credits me with 832 cals for 1 hour.my gym website factors in age,weight and distance swam.only 372 cals burned.
    never seen such a huge differential before.

Guess it also depends on what you do in gym? Cardio and circuit type workouts would probably burn way more calories than strength training perhaps?

However 832 cals for an hour of breastroke seems overly generous! Even with an hour of full on freestyle I perhaps just hit that, and I am heavy (105 kilos heavy - muscle of course :smile: ).
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Check it in the swim calculator & see what comes up.....
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    35x50, 45 min. Last 5 with Force Fins and it hurt, but the good hurt
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Fantastic, Bama!!!!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Penzance harbour, Cornwall, UK. 30 minutes breast and crawl. about 11 degrees C. :-)
  • Macstraw
    Options
    WOW, that's the way to be committed to it!!!!!

Work schedule got shuffled again, instead of missing out on swimming all week looks like I'll be able to go Tuesday, Wednesday & maybe Friday :smile:
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Three sessions this week - that's the way to progress. Good one Mastraw!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    1500m at 35 min.
    Goggles broke mid swim and I just called it a day.
    On the plus side making some changes to swim stroke introducing much more rotation and trying to to ensure more energy directed back then downwards on the stroke.
    I could really feel it in the core, so I guess they're important adjustments!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes: 1 mile @ 35 min. + 1 @ 36 min