NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options
BRaye325
BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
I don't need to hold my breath when tying my shoes anymore!
Post yours

Replies

• heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My winter coat that I bought 2 years ago got more snug as the winter went on and eventually I put it away. I took it out this past weekend and it fits like a glove!!! So glad I don't have to go buy another one. Shopping out of my closet is the best deal in town :)
  • BRaye325
    Options
    That's great. About a month ago I had to go through my closet and spent half the day just trying on clothes and checking sizes. I took two boxes full that were too big to goodwill and put all the rest in order of size so I can shrink down into them - too fun!
  • heart2health
    Options
    Too funny :)

We all have the same tendencies to put clothes back into our closets that we don't fit into anymore thinking ....one day I'll get back into them.

Both of us have proved it can be done.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I can walk/jog around the track 5 minutes faster then I use to.
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I pulled out my winter dress pants to wear today, and they are comfortable, even loose. They were purchased last winter (on-line), and quickly shoved into the back of the closet because they were so tight and uncomfortable!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    I can fit into the booth again when going to a restaurant.
  • CatonGirl
    CatonGirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow guys, great!! I like your 5 min. cut on time around the track bm1409. I use to run and walk until a good year ago when I overdid it planting trees. Too much activity caused my back to hurt too bad. Soon I too will be timing myself. Prob. start with the treadmill, slow! Yesterday I tried on a pair of pants that fit 2 years ago and now fit again! Funny though, I decided I didn't want them anymore because I felt "too old " for them! I also have serious issues with bloating, to the point of looking and feeling about to give birth after eating. This has greatly improved!
  • bibliocephalus
    Options
    I really love these! Heart2Health I'm going to check on my old winter coat today, it would be lovely not to need to buy a new one! (I was just on the Columbia site, and got sticker shock!)
  • heart2health
    Options
    I really love these! Heart2Health I'm going to check on my old winter coat today, it would be lovely not to need to buy a new one! (I was just on the Columbia site, and got sticker shock!)

Let us know how that works out !!! When you're done maybe hit your closet for other hidden gems...
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Some great motivating successes here. Super job
  • rbrankamp
    rbrankamp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    These stories really give me hope. My work pants are (can't say were yet) so tight I felt sick. I only have to "dress" for work once a month normally as I work from home 3 out of 4 weeks. I'll be back in my office on Tuesday.... that will be my first test for clothes to hopefully fit a bit better. Only been a week, but my fingers are still crossed!
  • bm1409
    Options
    My daughter bought me some "fit into" jeans last Christmas that has been hanging in my closet, waiting for me to fit into. Today I pulled them out and I can actually fit into them. I have to admit they dont look great ( can see bulges here and there), but Im hoping by this Christmas they look good enough to wear. I think I may hang them in the kitchen to be a constant reminder of things to come. :smile:
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I had a goal to swim 300 miles for the year. I am at 325 miles for the year.
  • bibliocephalus
    Options
    I'm loving reading these, keep going!
  • CatonGirl
    CatonGirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome bruceapple!! I love swimming; I wish I had the means to do that too!!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Dr. appointment this morning and I no longer need to take my blood pressure medication. I've gone from 5 prescriptions now down to 2!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • bm1409
    Options
    HIGH FIVE!!!!
  • bibliocephalus
    Options
    Fantastic news BRaye! A major, life changing accomplishment.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Had to take in my board shorts. Its summer downunder.