Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Finished week 7!! One more week to go :) It was realatively easy too considering I took a week off due to being sick and moving.
  • WoahSheRuns
    Options
    Newbie runner, still in the "holy cow I can't believe I'm doing this and loving it" phase (which is why the username), finished W2D2 today. Talking to other people about what I'm doing tends to keep me doing it longer - glad to find this group!!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Nice running, ladies. Welcome, WhoaSheRuns!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You're all doing really great! Keep up the effort; it's really a kick to finally be able to run 30+ minutes. This is just the beginning....keep up the good work.
  • IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did Week 4 day 1 today, and for the first time did it outside with a C25k app. (I've been working exclusively on the treadmill until now, due to my first disastrous attempt at C25k a couple years ago that left me on crutches. I became wary of tripping and injuring myself again.)

It was SOOO much easier outside than doing it on the treadmill! There's much more to look at and it takes my focus off staring at the clock.

I'm so proud of myself! I never thought I could do something like this. PLUS I added a 7 minute jog at the end, since the training program only gets me 2.3 miles around the 5K loop near my house (I usually just walk the dog there).

I'm going to try and run outside whenever I can from now on, especially when the days start to get longer and lighter. My progress on the treadmill has, I think, given me more confidence and made me a little stronger, so hopefully I'll remain injury free. :)
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I did Week 4 day 1 today, and for the first time did it outside with a C25k app. (I've been working exclusively on the treadmill until now, due to my first disastrous attempt at C25k a couple years ago that left me on crutches. I became wary of tripping and injuring myself again.)

It was SOOO much easier outside than doing it on the treadmill! There's much more to look at and it takes my focus off staring at the clock.

I'm so proud of myself! I never thought I could do something like this. PLUS I added a 7 minute jog at the end, since the training program only gets me 2.3 miles around the 5K loop near my house (I usually just walk the dog there).

I'm going to try and run outside whenever I can from now on, especially when the days start to get longer and lighter. My progress on the treadmill has, I think, given me more confidence and made me a little stronger, so hopefully I'll remain injury free. :)

Great update! I'm wondering whether it would help you to do the distance-based version rather than time-based? Is there a setting to change in the app?
  • IndigoSue13
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    Great update! I'm wondering whether it would help you to do the distance-based version rather than time-based? Is there a setting to change in the app?

Today was my first time using it, so I'm not certain. I'll check and see if that's an option.

I really liked using the app. A voice cuts into my music and tells me when to start jogging, and when to walk. I've noticed that after I get to about 4 minutes of jogging, it becomes a little easier. I guess I kind of hit my stride a little, and my breathing is regular and measured. I so enjoyed today's run!

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »

Today was my first time using it, so I'm not certain. I'll check and see if that's an option.

I really liked using the app. A voice cuts into my music and tells me when to start jogging, and when to walk. I've noticed that after I get to about 4 minutes of jogging, it becomes a little easier. I guess I kind of hit my stride a little, and my breathing is regular and measured. I so enjoyed today's run!
    I used the RunDouble app and it had a distance option, which I used for C25k and 5 to 10k. When I finished C25k, I was running 5k (definitely not in under 30 minutes!) I was also able to run 10k after finishing the 5 to 10k plan. I still use the RunDouble app for my runs, since there are numerous options like fun runs (distance and time), interval drills, and event training plans. (I think the full app cost $3 or so.)
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Finshed w8 d1!! Ended up doing an extra two minutes for an even 30 :) it was oddly my easiest run yet and it included a decent sized hill.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finshed w8 d1!! Ended up doing an extra two minutes for an even 30 :) it was oddly my easiest run yet and it included a decent sized hill.

ixb17ptqrm9t.gif
  • AshleyNicolePedigo
    Options
    I finished C25K yesterday! I haven't really been keeping up with checking in but I did it! I still can't believe it and I'm doing my first 5k this spring. I still gotta work on it cause I'm only jogging/running about 2.5 miles in 35 minutes but I am sure by the time Spring gets here, I will be ready! I swear, I never ever thought I could do this. I am not a runner and I still go really slow. But I'm getting there and I ran 30 minutes straight yesterday! Its just crazy, the first day I was struggling with 60 seconds!! I am obese so if I can do it, anyone can. I truly believe it!!! Love this program!!!!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I finished C25K yesterday! I haven't really been keeping up with checking in but I did it! I still can't believe it and I'm doing my first 5k this spring. I still gotta work on it cause I'm only jogging/running about 2.5 miles in 35 minutes but I am sure by the time Spring gets here, I will be ready! I swear, I never ever thought I could do this. I am not a runner and I still go really slow. But I'm getting there and I ran 30 minutes straight yesterday! Its just crazy, the first day I was struggling with 60 seconds!! I am obese so if I can do it, anyone can. I truly believe it!!! Love this program!!!!

Of course you are a runner. Congrats on finishing the programme! You have every reason to be proud of your achievement.
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I haven't been checking in, my apologies! But this past weekend I finished up week 3 and I'm excited to jump into week 4 – though because of holiday festivities I probably won't get to it until New Year's Day. I think it will go just fine, as on my last run I tacked on a few minutes extra – I kept telling myself, just go to the next driveway, etc. and before I knew it, the cool down was over and I was still running!

This isn't my first time doing the program so I can speak to how awesome it is, but it IS the first time I've been able to use the app, which is really nice! I used to count in my head, if you can believe it. :) After I finish this up on my own, I'm joining a 5K training group with a local Fleet Feet store in mid-February. I'm still big and slow, so hoping that will get me some pro advice and get me moving optimally – not to mention I'll be a few pounds smaller by then, too! So far my fastest pace has been in the high 16's.

Great job, everyone!
  • PaytraB
    Options

WooHoo! Congratulations! This is great news!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Hi there,

I haven't been checking in, my apologies! But this past weekend I finished up week 3 and I'm excited to jump into week 4 – though because of holiday festivities I probably won't get to it until New Year's Day. I think it will go just fine, as on my last run I tacked on a few minutes extra – I kept telling myself, just go to the next driveway, etc. and before I knew it, the cool down was over and I was still running!

This isn't my first time doing the program so I can speak to how awesome it is, but it IS the first time I've been able to use the app, which is really nice! I used to count in my head, if you can believe it. :) After I finish this up on my own, I'm joining a 5K training group with a local Fleet Feet store in mid-February. I'm still big and slow, so hoping that will get me some pro advice and get me moving optimally – not to mention I'll be a few pounds smaller by then, too! So far my fastest pace has been in the high 16's.

Great job, everyone!

Well done! You're doing really great!
  • iainletham61
    Options
    Not running today did D1 &D2 W1 Sunday and yesterday feel like I could do day 3 today but better not going to have a swim instead
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Not running today did D1 &D2 W1 Sunday and yesterday feel like I could do day 3 today but better not going to have a swim instead

Good decision. Running is a bit hard on the body and you need the rest days so it can adjust to the new stress you put on it. Cross-training such as walking and swimming is excellent though and well done for having started C25K.
  • IndigoSue13
    Options
    I love reading this check-in thread! It's great seeing everyone's progress, and helps motivate me to keep going, too.

I did W5D1 today, and it felt great! I will probably repeat Day 1 again (I'm taking this slowly - repeating as I need to), then move to Day 2 in a few days.
  • iainletham61
    Options
    Bagged W1D3 ......rest day tomorrow so in Scotland its time for party Happy New Year
  • Fafern
    Fafern Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I finished W1D1 yesterday on the treadmill with the C25K app from Zen Labs. I've tried starting C25K before but haven't made it out of week 1 yet. I'm happy that I don't feel too sore today on my rest day.

I think in the past I tried going too fast too soon. I used to run ages and ages ago, but never more than 2-3 miles at a time. I tend to get shin splints so I'm trying to start slow and steady to avoid injury this time around. I really like the idea of this check-in thread to stick with the program.

Happy New Year, everyone!