I'm IN! I need a challenge to keep me motivated and focused. My goals are:

1. Lift 3x a week
    2. Meal prep on Saturday's
    3. Lose these last 3 pounds and maybe an inch off my waist
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goals for this 12 week challenge involve bulking

1st week of attempted bulk: FAIL. I actually lost weight. I don't understand these processes at all. When I'm trying to lose weight I end up gaining and now I'm trying to gain I end up losing. :s This is some BS. Will try again this week. Gonna up the cals by about 50 and see what happens.

I keep reading that many women end up needing to up their calories a lot more than they realize because their bodies adapt to higher cals quickly. Or it could be a glycogen thing. You upped cals so your body let go of some stores. I can't wait to hear about your results!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    I'm in.
    Weekly goals:
    1. Lift 4X
    2. Eat at deficit
    3. Keep protein >25% of total cals.

12 week goal is to lose an inch off this waist!

I was still somewhat sick this past week, so I think I met goal #2 easily. I could only lift 3X. Protein was around 20%. Carbs taste so good when you feel poorly.
  • Roxy_Arcane
    Roxy_Arcane Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Lift 3-4x a week
    Eat good
    Done.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Sorry to start you off then disappear! We took a last minute trip to SCal this weekend and I got home late last night. Needless to say, I continued holiday style eating through Monday night, but got back on plan yesterday, gonna need to detox! I had a wonderful trip, beach and Disneyland with my dd's. <3

Back to business today! Been cooking all morning so I have good clean food to eat. Shopped last night and washed all the berries, and lettuce-so I'm all set. :) so far, so good today!

Gonna hit the gym tonight, dragging the fam along. I'm fiddling around with my scheldule to minimize wasted time, and maximize family time this year. I also need to get my butt in gear for our homeschooling! I'm a mess!

You all sound great! I wish you much success this year and hope we all hit, or approach our goals ;).
  • girlstrionce
    girlstrionce Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    weighed in today and lost 1.4 lbs., gained .5lbs lean mass and had 1.9lb loss od body fat. fat. My body fat % decreased from 41% to 40.3%. It's coming. You guys are all such inspiration to keep on track!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Bad week. Long story short, I ate 2500+ calories on average and gained 1+lb!! I feel bloated and fat and look it too. The only positive thing that came out of it is that I've kinda figured out my TDEE based on the gain. So this week I'm going to try to eat at maintenance and see what happens.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Goals met this week! 26% protein- averaged out to 110 grams/day. Lifted Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat. Cardio on Friday and Saturday. Deficit managed.

JL, maybe you needed a bit of a "binge week" to get that bulk kicked into gear?

bennett, that's a good weight loss!
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My week:
    My goals:
    1. Keep calories in check. No booze this week (my poor liver over holidays!)
    2. Run outside as much as I can (weather depending) but run at least 2x
    3. Lift 2x minimum
    1. Did okay on calories during week but was 'bad' on weekend. Its all good though
    2. Ran outside two days, did other cardio/yoga/stretching
    3. Lifted 2x.

More of the same goals for me this week.

I agree with BarbellCowgirl, it was just a binge/rest week, your body will fall inline.

great week Bennett!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    So far doing okay. I am down a couple lbs from the first post, have squat up to 140 so that 150 may be plausible. Deadlift is getting close to body weight, so that's fun. And I'm slowly working on the other lifts, though bench is a struggle. On week 9 of SL, so we'll see how the rest go.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    How's everyone doing?
    I hit all of my goals this week. Actually hit 30% on my protein (average of 130 grams/day). As of Friday, I was down a bit in the waist and hips and also .8lbs on the scale.
    Keep rocking it!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Still here. Still lifting 3x a week and getting in some cardio - swimming has been good because its so hot!

Pull-ups are still being practiced. Slow and steady :)

Haven't stood on my head enough - need to fix that :stuck_out_tongue:

Too hot for the trampoline, will wait for it to cool down.

Scale has been removed to the Husband's side of the bed to remove temptation. Plan on stepping on it at the start of each month.

I need a coffee.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Good going cowgirl! dna, I weigh every day :p

So my bulk is going at a much faster rate than I'd like. I gained 1.8 lbs in 2 weeks. Crazy. But my waist is still the same as when I started 3 weeks ago so that's good I guess. My butt is growing. Hope it's muscle and very little fat (yea right!).

My plan this week is to cut down my calories drastically because I need to be gaining about 1/2 lb a week. Guess I need to stop buying so many snacks.
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Nice job cowgirl. dnamouse, slow and steady is the only way to get through pullups. jl, if something is got to grow, the but is at least fun :)

For me, I hit my goals of running outside (one day is 11F temps, ow), lifted 2x and got other cardio in. But still going a little nutty on the weekends with my calories. (Hungry after running but don't need that 'excuse' to allow me to go so far over.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    JL-sounds like a good bulk!no gain in the waist? WTG!

Gat-good job! That's cold! Brrr!

DNA-hitting your goals well! Good job!

Bbc-awesome! I love when I can see results in the mirror!

Dawn-that's great strength gains!

I'm hitting my goals-not losing much on the scale but trying not to sweat it. Gonna take a break from daily weighing and stick with the measurements and mirror for this week. I feel great. Metabolism wise my temp was 98.3 today!! That's the highest it's been in years! Woohoo!

Starting gluteal goddess this week. Like it so far! Hope to stay with it. It's a 12 week plan so I'll see some change I'm sure by the time this challenge is over, :).
  • dnamouse
    Options
    5 strict pull-ups done yesterday. That's 1 more than last week :smiley:

And I almost did a muscle up :smile:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    dna, I live for the day that I can be like you- focusing on strength goals and avoiding the scale. At this point, if I don't strictly focus on fat loss, it doesn't happen.
    Julie, that is great news about your metabolism! I bet you feel better too!
    gatx, weekends are so hard for me too. And cardio just makes it worse! I become ravenous after Zumba on Saturday mornings!
    JL, are you a member of the "Women Who Bulk" forum here on MFP? I love reading and seeing their journeys. Someday I will be there with you!
  • dnamouse
    Options
    Barbell, don't stress it chickadee! I think the best part about this group is that we embrace the fact that everyone is different and at different stages of where they want to me (which again, isn't all the same :smile: )

You work hard and you are absolutely fabulous :heart: :kissing_heart:
  • bakeralison1
    bakeralison1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well I have been getting in less lifting then I like and almost no running considering the skating rink it is outside. I hope January is going great for everyone else. I'm still trying to get my eating back in hand after two months of vacation and holidays, but three weeks till next vacation.
    Redoing Stage 1 and upping my weights, felt really weak the first few sessions, but getting back into it and I think it's really improving my strength. I'm doing 2 sets of 15 reps of the same weights I was doing 3/10 last time.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Been over a week since my last post so might as well update and go over the goal checklist.

Lose a little more weight. Maybe 10-15 lbs. Start weight being about 179.6. Current weight is 176.

Lower body fat percentage based on gym tester device... Haven't checked yet, but probably won't for a while.

Increase in lifts would be great. Right now I'm stuck on bench, ohp and rows(but me and that lift have issues, lol). Would be great if I could get ohp to move up past 70 and bench to get up closer to 100. Squat might stall soon too. Would like to get to 150 but might need a deload soon. - Bench is at roughly 85. Failed at 90 twice so far but getting closer. Still time to reach 100 by end of the 12 weeks. Squat made it to 145 before took a minor break but I'm betting 150 is pretty soon. Deadlift wasn't listed but I'm at 185 and hoping to get to 200. At 65 on OHP, so close to that 70 goal. Still working on rows, doing the ones SL required so maybe once I get it down progress will be easier.

Start NROL4W since I'll be at a transition point during those 12 weeks. - Not yet. I'm on the end of week 10 in SL.