Leslie Sansone January 2015 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yikes... I have been slacking... not walking much AND forgetting to post it here... and posting it will help me walk more...somebody give me a kick in the behind!! OK here goes..
    1/1 2 3/4 miles
    1/2 2 miles
    1/3 2 miles
    1/4 2 miles
    1/5 2 miles

...gee it looks like I need to step it up and get at least 3....I will work on it and I WILL post daily from now on!

Thanks! :o
  • SuperSaiyanEva
    SuperSaiyanEva Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Goal is 70 miles. Doing Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk

10/70
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Good morning, today Wednesday 1/7 .....and my miles for yesterday - Tuesday 1/6 - ..... 1.99 miles.

Hope everyone has a good day!
    :)

• corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    On deck soon is 1 mile from the 5 Day Walk Plan putting me at 8/25 for the month. Tomorrow is a rest day from PiYo, so I plan on getting some extra walks in. :smile: Between Chalene Johnson and Leslie, I don't know who puts me in a better mood!
  • KnittingRing
    Options
    16/60 today. Corrine, I have been curious about PiYo -- do you like the workouts? I used to do Chalene's Turbo Jam and really enjoyed her.

Have a great day, walkers!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    22/75 I did the SIlver Walk this morning.
  • mimi14fun
    mimi14fun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    2 Mile High Calorie burn yesterday and today. Its a 1/2 hour workout with weights. I sweat more doing this than 1/2 hour on the eliptical so I KNOW I am burnin those calories up.
  • corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    16/60 today. Corrine, I have been curious about PiYo -- do you like the workouts? I used to do Chalene's Turbo Jam and really enjoyed her.

Have a great day, walkers!

Hi! I absolutely adore Chalene and all of her work outs, really. I've done TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme as well. PiYo is awesome though because for me, I'm restarting everything again and it's gentle on the ligaments and joints while still being able to give you a good work out. It's not super intense/hardcore like her cardio programs, so it's really attainable for anyone looking to start a program. I agree with Chalene's thought of yoga that she "didn't like staying in one position long," so the idea of moving through each part of the work out is something I really like. It also gives me a good blend of strength and flexibility while Leslie gives me the cardio. :smile:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st 3 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 2nd 3 miles 3 Mile Walk
    Jan 3rd 2 miles Belly Blasting Walk
    Jan 4th 2 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 5th 2 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    Jan 6th 2 miles 30 minutes to Fitness
    Jan 7th 4 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge
    20/60

Great walking, everyone!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    vlmcmurray wrote: »
    Hi! I just found your group. I have several of Leslie's dvds and enjoy using them when it's too cold to walk outside. I have been using MFP for several months to track my food and exercise, and it has been a great (and FREE!) tool to help me lose weight! But I would like to get more involved in the site for encouragement and motivation. I swim as well as walk for exercise, and my walking goal for the month is 50 miles. I've walked 9 so far; 41 to go!

Ginny

Welcome Ginny,
    You're well on your way to your goal already. Isn't MFP the bomb? And I still can't believe it's still free. There's a bunch of support here and we do believe in motivation. Glad you found us.
    :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    mimi14fun wrote: »
    2 Mile High Calorie burn yesterday and today. Its a 1/2 hour workout with weights. I sweat more doing this than 1/2 hour on the eliptical so I KNOW I am burnin those calories up.

I have never done that one but her 1 Mile Muscle Mile makes me sweat. Good on you using an eliptical. Hate those things.
    Keep walking!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    princessf1 wrote: »
    All Muscles in Motion Monday! Good Morning!

1.2 - Walk off Fat Fast - 30 minutes
    1.5 - 2M Power Walk w/Friends + 2 Lb wgts

I love any Leslie walk with Carol in the cast (*)

Have a great day!

Good old Carol. I love the look on her face in the 4 Mile Super Challenge when Leslie says Carol, 55 years old, 60 pounds down!... I don't think Carol was in the habit of telling people how old she is... was, that workout was made in 2001, I think. Gosh, I have been doing it for 13 years! And I still love it... And love Mary Kay too. And Joann and Lynn and I hate Wendy cause she has ab's like Arnold Swazenagger. Just kiddin. She's a cutie and I'm jealous.

Good walking, Girl!

• AnnofB
    Options
    RejsGirl wrote: »
    I'd like to join in albeit a bit late. I'm going for 100 miles for January (that's exercise plus fitbit steps)!

Welcome RejsGirl. You can do it! :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    jamndyl wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Walked 2 miles outside today...might do a DVD this afternoon as well.

6/50

jamndyl-doing great :D

• AnnofB
    Options
    Yikes... I have been slacking... not walking much AND forgetting to post it here... and posting it will help me walk more...somebody give me a kick in the behind!! OK here goes..
    1/1 2 3/4 miles
    1/2 2 miles
    1/3 2 miles
    1/4 2 miles
    1/5 2 miles

...gee it looks like I need to step it up and get at least 3....I will work on it and I WILL post daily from now on!

Thanks! :o

I don't don't think you're slacking at all.

• AnnofB
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    22/75 I did the SIlver Walk this morning.

Hi PinkPan, you and Alex are out there, nearly neck to neck!

• jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Evening all! just one mile for me today, from the "belly blasting walk".

11/50
  • smdsnd
    smdsnd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here. It's super cold in Ohio. They closed schools tomorrow due to the wind chill. I have Leslie's 5 Fast Miles. I have two young children, 7 months and 3 years. I love Leslie's videos because she's so positive and I can walk inside when it's too cold. My 3 year old will walk with me sometimes. With working full time, having young kiddos, and a cold right now, my realistic goal is 10 miles....starting tomorrow since I'm off work and home with the kids (snow day-I'm a teacher).
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    smdsnd wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new here. It's super cold in Ohio. They closed schools tomorrow due to the wind chill. I have Leslie's 5 Fast Miles. I have two young children, 7 months and 3 years. I love Leslie's videos because she's so positive and I can walk inside when it's too cold. My 3 year old will walk with me sometimes. With working full time, having young kiddos, and a cold right now, my realistic goal is 10 miles....starting tomorrow since I'm off work and home with the kids (snow day-I'm a teacher).

Welcome, smdsnd, to our January Walk Challenge. Nothing like our warm home to walk in during the cold weather :) Enjoy your snow day tomorrow with your precious little ones <3 .

:flowerforyou:

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    princessf1 wrote: »
    All Muscles in Motion Monday! Good Morning!

1.2 - Walk off Fat Fast - 30 minutes
    1.5 - 2M Power Walk w/Friends + 2 Lb wgts

I love any Leslie walk with Carol in the cast (*)

Have a great day!

Good old Carol. I love the look on her face in the 4 Mile Super Challenge when Leslie says Carol, 55 years old, 60 pounds down!... I don't think Carol was in the habit of telling people how old she is... was, that workout was made in 2001, I think. Gosh, I have been doing it for 13 years! And I still love it... And love Mary Kay too. And Joann and Lynn and I hate Wendy cause she has ab's like Arnold Swazenagger. Just kiddin. She's a cutie and I'm jealous.

Good walking, Girl!
    LOL about Wendy's gorgeous washboard abs.... Carol is my walk 'hero', and let us not forget Alton (he is so amazing being in his 70s (*) ) and that killer smile! He is the dancer from what I understand, and it shows in how he walks the Super Challenge. Now Mary Kay challenges the daylights out of me when she gets to lead the 'middle' mile in the 3 mile Weight Loss walk.

4 Mile Super Challenge is still one of my all time favorite go to DVD!!

:flowerforyou: