Leslie Sansone January 2015 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    vlmcmurray wrote: »
    Hi! I just found your group. I have several of Leslie's dvds and enjoy using them when it's too cold to walk outside. I have been using MFP for several months to track my food and exercise, and it has been a great (and FREE!) tool to help me lose weight! But I would like to get more involved in the site for encouragement and motivation. I swim as well as walk for exercise, and my walking goal for the month is 50 miles. I've walked 9 so far; 41 to go!

Ginny
    Ginny, Welcome to our Walk at Home group and the walk challenge!! I'm glad that you found us. Swimming and walking are two amazing forms of exercise!

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Tuesday: (1.6) 1 mile: My "Blue Walk" from U5DWP
    and
    Wednesday (1.7) 3 miles: 3 Mega Miles with firm band

4 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise.

My goal for January: 2-3miles or 30-45 minutes 6 days a week.

So far: 14 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 5 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise

Keep walking Happy :laugh:

• lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    28/75
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    lidenalex wrote: »
    28/75
    you are rocking those miles Alex :) Way to go and go!!

• princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    princessf1 wrote: »
    All Muscles in Motion Monday! Good Morning!

1.2 - Walk off Fat Fast - 30 minutes
    1.5 - 2M Power Walk w/Friends + 2 Lb wgts

I love any Leslie walk with Carol in the cast (*)

Have a great day!

Good old Carol. I love the look on her face in the 4 Mile Super Challenge when Leslie says Carol, 55 years old, 60 pounds down!... I don't think Carol was in the habit of telling people how old she is... was, that workout was made in 2001, I think. Gosh, I have been doing it for 13 years! And I still love it... And love Mary Kay too. And Joann and Lynn and I hate Wendy cause she has ab's like Arnold Swazenagger. Just kiddin. She's a cutie and I'm jealous.

Good walking, Girl!

LOL Ann, I sometimes tear up right along with Carol in that one - ha! Gotta love her and Alton too - ha! I feel the same about Wendy - what is that girl doing to get those fab abs!!
  • princessf1
    Options

1.5 - 2M Power Walk w/Friends + 2 Lb wgts

I love any Leslie walk with Carol in the cast (*)

Have a great day!

Good old Carol. I love the look on her face in the 4 Mile Super Challenge when Leslie says Carol, 55 years old, 60 pounds down!... I don't think Carol was in the habit of telling people how old she is... was, that workout was made in 2001, I think. Gosh, I have been doing it for 13 years! And I still love it... And love Mary Kay too. And Joann and Lynn and I hate Wendy cause she has ab's like Arnold Swazenagger. Just kiddin. She's a cutie and I'm jealous.

Good walking, Girl!
    LOL about Wendy's gorgeous washboard abs.... Carol is my walk 'hero', and let us not forget Alton (he is so amazing being in his 70s (*) ) and that killer smile! He is the dancer from what I understand, and it shows in how he walks the Super Challenge. Now Mary Kay challenges the daylights out of me when she gets to lead the 'middle' mile in the 3 mile Weight Loss walk.

4 Mile Super Challenge is still one of my all time favorite go to DVD!!

I didn't know that about Alton!! Me too Mary, Carol has always inspired me and I just love walking with her! 3 Mile weight loss walk is probably the most challenging one I own, Mary Kay's mile is killer!!!
  • princessf1
    Options
    What an amazing and inspiring group of walkers! I love seeing what walks everyone is doing and inspires me to dust off some DvD's I haven't done in awhile.

1.5 - 2M Power Walk w/Friends + 2 Lb wgts & Walk Blasters Light & Flexibility Walks
    1.6 - 5K with a Twist
    1.7 - 2M walk & firm with intervals
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    24/50 miles so far. I've also been adding Barre 3 workouts before my walks and it's awesome :D
  • shoff5
    shoff5 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello all! I'm so excited to be starting up again and LOVE these DVDS! I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, does the Fitbit Zip work well for these workouts? Is it able to keep accurate track? I want something and don't want to pay a ton, but have heard some of these trackers don't recognize these walks easily.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Miles for Wednesday 7th.... 1.34 (now I am slacking..!!) :\
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    25/75 I completed The Walk Strong 3 Mile this afternoon.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    What an amazing and inspiring group of walkers! I love seeing what walks everyone is doing and inspires me to dust off some DvD's I haven't done in awhile.

1.5 - 2M Power Walk w/Friends + 2 Lb wgts & Walk Blasters Light & Flexibility Walks
    1.6 - 5K with a Twist
    1.7 - 2M walk & firm with intervals

So true, Princess! That is why I always list what I do. I really enjoy it, as well as am inspired when I read what DVDs or hikes/neighborhood walks other walkers post o:) . So thanks to all who let us know what DVD or how else you walk :drinker:

• texasgardnr
    Options
    Thursday (1.8) 3 miles: 4 Walk Aerobics miles: Weight Loss Walk (not to be confused with the Walk at Home Weight Loss Walk that Mary Kay leads the middle mile. This oldie goldie is an excellent workout also!!

4 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

So far: 18 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

• texasgardnr
    edited January 2015
    Options
    shoff5 wrote: »
    Hello all! I'm so excited to be starting up again and LOVE these DVDS! I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, does the Fitbit Zip work well for these workouts? Is it able to keep accurate track? I want something and don't want to pay a ton, but have heard some of these trackers don't recognize these walks easily.
    shoff5, the only thing that I can add to this conversation is that I have been researching about, and reading reviews about, various fitness and step trackers for a while now.

What I have been discovering is that some are suppose to be able to track aerobic steps as well as regular steps. Some can also differentiate between running and walking stride if that is important to the buyer. Also there is tri-axis technology vs the dual axis technology as well as the other bells and whistles that might be important to the buyer such as synching with phones and computers/tablets... or not. Tracking sleep, heart rate or cals burned....

As well as being able to synch with MFP..... check http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps?page=1 to see all the apps and trackers that synch with MFP, including all of the various Fitbit devices.

I've been going to Amazon dot com, as well as the web sites of the various brands that I am discovering, as well as the various stores' websites that are now carrying brands like the Fitbit Zip/One and and the rest of the Fitbit line for customer reviews (go to Fitbit website and look for the list of the retail stores (like Target, Bestbuy, Khols, Bed Bath and Beyond etc) where they are sold at.) They are now sold at even more brick and mortar stores and websites than are listed yet on their website.

I'm doing this as well for other brands, looking for reviews also and where to buy.

I hope that you (and myself and anyone else in the market for one) find what we need/want that works for us.

Does anyone else have any information, or already use one that works for you, that you would care to share your experiences or thoughts with the group???

Good question :flowerforyou:

If there is enough response or interest then perhaps we could copy and paste the posts about trackers onto a new topic in the group so the answers don't get lost among the many Walk Challenge posts.

Any one can start a topic about this....
  • Pamela_June
    Options
    Thursday 1-8 1.3 miles (this smog/haze around here is stiffiling!!)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    29/75 I completed 3 Miles with Bandi and 1 Mile Walk This Way.
  • Pamela_June
    Options
    I think it will be better if I do my posting this way - instead of one day at a time, I will re post the past days ... that will also help me see where I am slacking!! :)

1/1 2 3/4 miles
    1/2 2 miles
    1/3 2 miles
    1/4 2 miles
    1/5 2 miles
    1/6 1.34 miles
    1/7 1.99 miles
    1/8 1.32 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options

I didn't know that about Alton!! Me too Mary, Carol has always inspired me and I just love walking with her! 3 Mile weight loss walk is probably the most challenging one I own, Mary Kay's mile is killer!!!

Have to agree with you about Mary Kay's mile in the 3 mile walk. She is tough, but such a good instructor. Great queing. And fun too. She sounds like a drill sargent when she's counting down the reps and then laughs. Too cute.
  • jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! updating for yesterday and today

2 miles- Belly Blasting Walk (1/8)
    3 miles- 3 Mega Miles with Toning Band

Total for the month 16/50

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Friday (1.9) 2 miles: Walk Aerobics - 2 mile Fat Burning Walk (using hand weights)

2 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

So far: 20 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

Stay warm, dry, and safe y'all :flowerforyou: