Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 69 minutes (PERSONEL RECORD)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes, folks. Impressive! I look forward to the day I can post like that!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    2000 yards ~1:00:00

Drills, drillls and more drills. I want to get my money's worth out of the swim lessons.

Way to go Noel. Longest yet, right?

As a matter of fact, no. I did a 3600 a couple of weeks ago, just to see if I could.
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    25x50 yds @32 min. Want to be more consistent
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 73 minutes
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yes! 40 min--drills with my daughter. Lots of board work. I worked on all of the usual, focusing on a slower kick and relaxing. I explained the "Jellybean in the jar" approach to my daughter, Noel, and she loved it because she really struggled today. We're going to get some real jelly beans and put them in the jar when we swim. When the jar is full, THEN we can start eating them :)
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    Awesome! I am definitely going to be eating them on my big swim!
  • bama6977
    Options
    Yes, 36x50@48 min=1mile
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Wow, Folks, some great swimming going on here - great job!!!!!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Happy with my swim today ... My first ever only front crawl 1k. Yay.

Also my first 1k under 30 mins. (28 mins, 15 secs - with 20 sec breathers every 500m)

That's the good news. The bad is that I really hated it a lot of the time - I was missing the variety. And i have to admit my motivation for the swim challenge came from pure sibling rivalry - found out my sis is swimming again at mo, doing 1 k crawl in 30 mins or so (with the breathers I followed). Mmmm, clearly I now want to improve my pace even further!
  • Bruceapple
    Options
  • Bruceapple
    Options
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    1200 m free + 200 kick exercise 60 mins.
    It was crazy in the pool today 5-6 per lane. Slowwww people in the fast and fassssst in the medium all mixed together with the normal crowd. Not sure what the mix in the slow lane was like. People need to read the BIG sign showing what each lane is designated as.
    Vent - done.
  • bama6977
    Options
    Bruceapple wrote: »

Dang, going to start calling you "Bruceapple Fish". Did you have to take a snack break ....73 minutes!!! Great job
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1300 40 min.

You know how sometimes the best thing you can say about a workout is that it happened? Yeah...
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Been having shorter swims the past couple of days (30 mins only) as need to get into work a little earlier than normal. It just doesn't feel right.
  • bama6977
    Options
    18x50@24min. Rushed for time this morning. Some really great swimming going on here and good motivation
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    gently - great work, although you missed the variety you did a nice job getting the distance in. You can always occupy your mind with working on a particular aspect, or get a waterproof iPod & listen to the music. Sibling rivalry is always a good motivation, lol...

Juliet - the pool at my gym doesn't designate, so there can always be a mix. Thankfully, I'm there so early the most I've ever seen in 1 lane is 2 people (4 lane pool), so the lane gets split instead of circle swimming....

Bruce - you've really been racking up the mileage, nice work!!!!

Noel - I know exactly what you mean, but a workout just "happening" is definitely better than no workout at all. Great job pushing through.....

Panda - I hate when life gets in the way, I've hardly been in the water since the beginning of November. Although I'm back for this week, I definitely miss at least 4 days next week (if not the whole week) & then probably at least 1 of the 2 weeks following. After that I should be back pretty much every day.....

bama - It's great when we find out we can push ourselves more & find out what we can do. Having somebody nearby that makes you push yourself is always a good thing, & I find it distracts me from the effort....

Back in for the first time in awhile, all freestyle today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250. My set times were pretty much on course, so it was 114 minutes swim time - but the rest intervals were a little longer than usual. I think I'm going to stick to all freestyle for this week, when I'm back for good I'll start doing the I.M.'s again....
  • RonnieTiajuana
    RonnieTiajuana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Got back in the pool today, shoulder felt pretty good. 75 minutes of mixed drills, good workout.
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 65 minutes (PERSONEL RECORD)
    Thanks all for the comments