30 lbs to loose. Anybody like me?

Replies

• gemma1675
    gemma1675 Posts: 44 Member
    This applies to me too, I want to lose 30 lbs (again!). Feel free to friend me.
  • kavlenor
    kavlenor Posts: 35 Member
    Hi, I'm 47 soon 48 and have 30 lbs to loose, went Down 8 lbs last year, managed to put a few back on since November, but I am determined to loose 30 lbs this year. I know it's a long Journey and need support to get there. Let's do this together :-)

• CoCoSheaCurls
    CoCoSheaCurls Posts: 6 Member
    Hello, Please count me in. I'm 45yrs and have 15lbs to go. Also, a new Jawbone user. :D
  • 24young
    24young Posts: 9 Member
    Hello, I just turned 43 last month and have lost 20 pounds since Mid October. I feel great but I also would like to loose 30 more. MFP really helps. Unfortunately I am going in to have surgery in two weeks and really fear this could derail my progress. I am a vivofit user and love the gym especially spin class. Would love to give and receive support. Please add me if you would like.
  • 252sarahw
    252sarahw Posts: 31 Member
    Hi all, Just wanted to share with you a good idea I ran across this week. Besides being a cowgirl, I'm a graphic designer so I'm a very visual person. After seeing this I made one to see my weight progress. Here is the website:
    https://mysistersjar.wordpress.com/tag/mason-jar/

and here is mineei5lot443bz8.jpg
  • Auntie_Chrissy
    Auntie_Chrissy Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm 43 and have 40 lbs to lose. It's been a couple of years since I last used my fitbit. I knew it was time to start again!
  • 252sarahw
    Hi, I'm 43 and have 40 lbs to lose. It's been a couple of years since I last used my fitbit. I knew it was time to start again!

Hi there. I'm right here with you. If I went strictly by the BMI chart I'll need to loose 50 to be perfectly centered on their scale. For now, I'm gonna concentrate on the first 30 to get me just across the healthy line. I know 30, 40 50 lbs seems like a lot but as my Daddy always said as with any big task... 8kjo01gicygz.jpg
  • mizbrody
    mizbrody Posts: 1 Member
    252sarahw wrote: »
    Hi all, Just wanted to share with you a good idea I ran across this week. Besides being a cowgirl, I'm a graphic designer so I'm a very visual person. After seeing this I made one to see my weight progress. Here is the website:
    https://mysistersjar.wordpress.com/tag/mason-jar/

and here is mineei5lot443bz8.jpg

This is an amazing idea! I love it! Definitely going to use this! Thank you for sharing?
  • SAmom69
    SAmom69 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 45 and have about 30-35 lbs to lose. Lost 30 a couple of years back, maintained for a year but gained 10. Harder this time than a year ago!
    Can I join?
  • 252sarahw
    SAmom69 wrote: »
    I'm 45 and have about 30-35 lbs to lose. Lost 30 a couple of years back, maintained for a year but gained 10. Harder this time than a year ago!
    Can I join?

You sure can join us on our quest to be better than yesterday. LOL. If any of you want to friend me, feel free to do so. You will notice my food logs are not private so you can see what I'm eating and doing or not doing.

Hopefully, this will help keep me accountable and maybe help someone else. I'm laying it all out there folks... every naked morsel I put my mouth and every step I take is logged on my fit bit. Feel free to comment/message me or make suggestions. I'm committed to this now and that is half the battle for me.

While I'm on a roll, I must share with you that I had a major struggle with a sweet craving last night. My husband decided to cook Italian sausages w. peppers and onions for dinner. Yum, right? but WOW! Calories! I did good though and I ate only ONE serving but it quickly put me negative 18 with my calorie daily goal.

To make matters worse, I had a pretty sedentary day at work at the computer. I was far from my 10K steps for the day too. So dang it....suck it up butter cup.. and on the treadmill I went. I logged 4.5 miles. Go me!

Do you all know after all that, even with the extra water, and all. Dang it... the craving was still there. <sigh> I applied my diet rule #2. When all else fails, go to bed.

What the hell, I figured I could use more sleep anyway. Go me! Anybody else had a battle like that recently. If so what did you do? Share.
  • mbloseit
    mbloseit Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 45 and need to lose about 25lbs…would love 30, but 25lbs is my goal. I work out at least 5 times a week, but I seem to sabotage all my efforts on the weekends. Would definitely like a group of folks to give and receive support.
  • 45 and 30 to lose
  • 42 and 30 lbs to lose. I'm MOST tired of the roller coaster I've lived for the last 20 years. 15-20 lbs up; 15-20 lbs down and so and so on. I'm ready to lose it forever! HELP ME!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    mbloseit wrote: »
    I'm 45 and need to lose about 25lbs…would love 30, but 25lbs is my goal. I work out at least 5 times a week, but I seem to sabotage all my efforts on the weekends. Would definitely like a group of folks to give and receive support.

I'm still working on getting my weekends right but I've been doing much better - I found some takeout staples that keep me really near my goals so that's really helped. I seem to struggle without my schedule.

• KLTrant wrote: »
    42 and 30 lbs to lose. I'm MOST tired of the roller coaster I've lived for the last 20 years. 15-20 lbs up; 15-20 lbs down and so and so on. I'm ready to lose it forever! HELP ME!

Roller coaster for over a decade now. time to get off! but I wish it was only 15 to 20. Im going for 40 off and a life style change. no diet here.
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Hi. I am 41 and my initial goal is to lose 30. This is my first week trying this and welcome suggestions and advice. I have always tried to lose weight in the past by myself, so the group thing is a new experience. Thanks.
  • fit4achange2015
    fit4achange2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I am 44 with 20 pounds to lose...Add me and we can do this together.
  • egdiet
    egdiet Posts: 3 Member
    Ditto Allie 0630: You wrote my profile for me !
    allie0630 wrote: »
    I'm 49 and have 30 pounds to lose as well. It's definitely harder as I get older and I want something I can stick with... a life change before I hit 50!! Add me if you want to help each other.

• EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    5'3" 45F here, add me if you need more MFP pals! My diary is always open and I log consistently.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    I'm 42 and have 30-35 pounds to lose. Last year I was down 20 lbs before summer. I've gained half of it back. So i know what works for me. Now its about doing it. Today is day #1. Feel free to add me.