NSV: Non Scale Victories!

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
We have the spreadsheet to track our progress on the scale, but we all know that there are so many other things that we can celebrate along the way.

We had a NSV thread during the last challenge that was very popular. So I thought I'd start one for this challenge too.

I'll kick it off as well. I'm wearing smaller pants today! Been trying these ones on every so often and this is the first time they fit well enough for me to wear them out in public!

Replies

• nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I lifted a 15lb dumbbell the other day! I was lifting 7lb dumbbells. My goal was to someday get to 15. lol. Then the other day I forgot to do arms and I was at my boyfriends house. He gave me a 15lb dumbbell (the smallest that he had) and said to try and lift it... and I could! I realized that I am much stronger than I think and I need to train with heavier weights and set my goals higher! haha. :smile:
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dropped a pant size (frome Canadian 12 to 10), getting compliments for visible weight loss, seeing it myself when I see pictures from just 6 months back :smile:
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Increased my deadlift weight from 50 lbs to 60 lbs. I have just started heavier weight training in the past month.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    Increased my deadlift weight from 50 lbs to 60 lbs. I have just started heavier weight training in the past month.

OMG - I have got to get more like you. I mentioned to someone today that I was going to give free weights a try v. Naut. - I can get lost in music on a treadmill but weights are all work for me. Nice job.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I hit 6 months Pepsi free as of yesterday. That is a HUGE accomplishment for me as I am a Pepsi addict. I cannot just have one, once I start I am up to 2 litres a day within a week. I still struggle with the cravings especially when stressed but so far I have been resisting the urge.
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hit 6 months Pepsi free as of yesterday. That is a HUGE accomplishment for me as I am a Pepsi addict.

Wow! That is an amazing accomplishment. I know you are super proud of yourself!
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I climbed two flights of stairs without being out of breath! What an awesome feeling to not have to stop after the first level!
  • angel_of_harmony
    Options
    I lifted a 15lb dumbbell the other day! I was lifting 7lb dumbbells. My goal was to someday get to 15. lol. Then the other day I forgot to do arms and I was at my boyfriends house. He gave me a 15lb dumbbell (the smallest that he had) and said to try and lift it... and I could! I realized that I am much stronger than I think and I need to train with heavier weights and set my goals higher! haha. :smile:

It's great to hear that you have accomplished your goal!
  • angel_of_harmony
    Options
    rebetha82 wrote: »
    Dropped a pant size (frome Canadian 12 to 10), getting compliments for visible weight loss, seeing it myself when I see pictures from just 6 months back :smile:

This is an awesome NSV. I look forward to the day when I start to show that I've lost weight . Great job!
  • angel_of_harmony
    Options
    I hit 6 months Pepsi free as of yesterday. That is a HUGE accomplishment for me as I am a Pepsi addict. I cannot just have one, once I start I am up to 2 litres a day within a week. I still struggle with the cravings especially when stressed but so far I have been resisting the urge.

I had the same problem with Dr. Pepper; when I began cutting back I noticed that I was very tired and needed coffee to get through the day. I'm still working on not needing caffeine.
    Congratulations on your anniversary!

• awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Last night, my church has a catered banquet. Everyone was to bring a dessert to add to the meal. Huge temptation time for me. Since I knew who was catering, I looked everything up in MFP, and decided what I wanted to eat. I promised myself I was not going to eat anything else I hadn't already logged. I chose to eat 2 of the brownie cups I had made (I knew how many calories were in them) and opted not to eat any other desserts.
    I felt so empowered with my decision. I even waited till the very last minute to get my food so that I would still be enjoying my meal when everyone else at my table had moved onto dessert.
    IT WORKED! All that planning helped me choose the best plan and stick to it. I only went over on my calories by 9! Definitely a success and one I will repeat in the future.
  • april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My first 5k since starting my weight loss journey was in October - it took me just over 52 minutes to complete it. I've since run 3 more and finished in 49 minutes, 45 minutes, and 42 minutes, respectively. In my race this past Saturday, I actually had a mile split time in the 12s! I'm absolutely thrilled by that progress! I've also gone from running almost none of it to almost all of it. :smiley:

One of my goals for 2015 is at least one race a month. So far, I've run two 5ks in January, and have a 5k scheduled for Valentine's Day and a Shamrock run in March and my first TEN k in April. I'm planning on running my first half marathon in October, so I'm starting a training program for that. Eeeks. From couch potato to bona fide runner; never would have thought I would see that day.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Wearing size 10 pants today! Haven't been a size 10 since junior high!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    One of my favorite “weight-loss mileage reminders” is my ring-guard.

Someone once posted they were unfamiliar with them. This is mine. A cheap (Under $10.) temporary fix until my weight stabilizes for an extended period of time.

IMG_2066_ring%20guard_zpsnqv5mzso.jpg
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Waking up at 6AM to do my workout instead of trying to workout after work (never works, I end up making XYZ excuse and end up not doing anything)
  • libbeth_6212
    libbeth_6212 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    awhitley wrote: »
    Last night, my church has a catered banquet. Everyone was to bring a dessert to add to the meal. Huge temptation time for me. Since I knew who was catering, I looked everything up in MFP, and decided what I wanted to eat. I promised myself I was not going to eat anything else I hadn't already logged. I chose to eat 2 of the brownie cups I had made (I knew how many calories were in them) and opted not to eat any other desserts.
    I felt so empowered with my decision. I even waited till the very last minute to get my food so that I would still be enjoying my meal when everyone else at my table had moved onto dessert.
    IT WORKED! All that planning helped me choose the best plan and stick to it. I only went over on my calories by 9! Definitely a success and one I will repeat in the future.

That's AMAZING - Well done!!! Like you I have a hard time at events where I'm not cooking or planning the meal myself. Keep up the amazing work - it's a huge victory!
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great achievements everyone!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    awhitley wrote: »
    ...I looked everything up in MFP, and decided what I wanted to eat....opted not to eat any other desserts...waited till the very last minute to get my food so that I would still be enjoying my meal when everyone else at my table had moved onto dessert....Definitely a success...

Awesome job.. you really have a handle on controlling the situation, instead of the other way around!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My NSV is having saved over $1,000 as of today since I quit smoking last July. I wouldn't have quit had it not been for all the other healthy changes I was making!
  • kailadriel
    kailadriel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The pants I bought to replace the ones that were falling off me? I can now fit both hands under the waist band while wearing it and the clasp keeps coming undone because it is too loose and folds over itself when belted, unfastening it.