C25K...Starting 1/27/15 wanna join me???

Options

Replies

• swampus99
    swampus99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group for motivation and support! I am on W3D1, and I am going to have to do it in the snow with my yaktrax on! I will report back on how it goes. :) I am joining a local running group later this month, so that should be really helpful.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I think anyone who is within a 2-3 weeks is completely perfect for this group. We are all working at different paces and have different setbacks, so welcome.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    madmags wrote: »
    I think anyone who is within a 2-3 weeks is completely perfect for this group.

fwiw the Daily Check in thread has people at all stages of the plan, and several who have long completed it and are happy to provide a view on how people are doing.

Normally splitting threads like this die very quickly, but it does seem to have grown some legs.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I've been MIA since thursday. Way too much going on this past weekend and I did't get to do w1d2 :\ This week is looking alot better. I should have no problem getting to the gym and staying on track.

Its good to have a few people ahead, gives us all something to look forward to. B)
  • madmags
    Options
    I think anyone who is within a 2-3 weeks is completely perfect for this group.

fwiw the Daily Check in thread has people at all stages of the plan, and several who have long completed it and are happy to provide a view on how people are doing.

Normally splitting threads like this die very quickly, but it does seem to have grown some legs.

I think new threads at some point need to be made, due to over 4000 replies, it gets a little unruely
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    I think new threads at some point need to be made, due to over 4000 replies, it gets a little unruely

Maybe.

You could summarise the majority of posts as:

Well done
    Next session is intimidating
    It's mainly mental strength from week 5
    Slow down
    Speed comes from miles under your feet
    Short paces
    Are your shoes appropriate
    RICE

Along with a lot of spurious advice about dreadmill elevation :) (it makes no difference)
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    And:

Running every day is a short route to the injury couch. Closely followed by said person ignoring the advice, landing on the injury couch and going quiet :)
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    hbarber85 wrote: »
    Hello all! I started C25K 4 weeks ago. I've tried it twice in the past, but never had the will power to keep pushing! I don't think I ever got past week 2 in the past. This time, I'm all in! I completed week 4, session 2 yesterday afternoon. I know I'm a bit ahead of the rest of you, but I will be needing to repeat week 4, and will undoubtedly be at the same place as the rest of you after a few weeks! I hope it's ok to chime in!

On my "days off" I like to do a Leslie Sansone dvd. I also make sure to have 1-2 complete rest days each week.

Good luck to everyone this week! :)

Week 4 Day 2 ... impressive! Keep it up!!
  • bjdavidson964
    Options
    swampus99 wrote: »
    I would love to join this group for motivation and support! I am on W3D1, and I am going to have to do it in the snow with my yaktrax on! I will report back on how it goes. :) I am joining a local running group later this month, so that should be really helpful.

Good luck on Week 3 Day1!! You can do it!
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I've been MIA since thursday. Way too much going on this past weekend and I did't get to do w1d2 :\ This week is looking alot better. I should have no problem getting to the gym and staying on track.

Its good to have a few people ahead, gives us all something to look forward to. B)

Good luck getting started!!
  • acarmon55
    Options
    Finished week 2 day 1. Really sore from insanity but made it all the way through! Looking forward to Wednesday
  • bjdavidson964
    edited February 2015
    Options
    acarmon55 wrote: »
    Finished week 2 day 1. Really sore from insanity but made it all the way through! Looking forward to Wednesday

You made it through after Insanity!! Way to be a warrior!!! I'm planning to try W2D1 tomorrow ... but tonight was a tough leg workout in Zumba ... tons of squats!

• ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Finished week 1 tonight ( took an unexpected day off yesterday) anyway. I pushed myself too hard tonight, and had to walk longer during walking sections of the second half, however, I still feel accomplished. I am going to repeat week 1, after tonights struggle.
  • Carvin102
    Carvin102 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! Tomorrow will be W1D3 for me. Yesterday I did day 2 of week 1 and was able to keep doing the intervals until I completed the 5k distance. I wanted to see what my time would be. I did it in52 min! On my off days I do some wii fit training plus or rowing machine or Zumba at the gym.
  • acarmon55
    Options
    Carvin102 wrote: »
    I would love to join this group! Tomorrow will be W1D3 for me. Yesterday I did day 2 of week 1 and was able to keep doing the intervals until I completed the 5k distance. I wanted to see what my time would be. I did it in52 min! On my off days I do some wii fit training plus or rowing machine or Zumba at the gym.

Way to go! Just to let you know, I tried to do that and continue until I had a full hour in on my treadmill and ended up with a knee hurting. I had to take time off and I just restarted last week. It is hard to make myself stop after the program tells me to, but I have not had any knee pain. Just be careful! Congrats!
  • acarmon55
    Options
    Finished week 1 tonight ( took an unexpected day off yesterday) anyway. I pushed myself too hard tonight, and had to walk longer during walking sections of the second half, however, I still feel accomplished. I am going to repeat week 1, after tonights struggle.

Nothing wrong with walking more or repeating! You will get there! Just keep it up and don't give up completely! Way to go!
  • aprilrosedanielson
    Options
    Yesterday I started my training I started out with the day one now on rest day really feeling it though doing some yoga to try to recover its a major work out especially in cold MN
  • bjdavidson964
    Options
    W2D1 - Done! The last two jogs was more of a trot ... and that last 'brisk walk' ... well I'm not sure how 'brisk' it was.
  • madmags
    Options
    Finished w2d2 tonight. It was tough but i was able to keep my pace through the whole workout.
  • Carvin102
    Carvin102 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Way to go! Just to let you know, I tried to do that and continue until I had a full hour in on my treadmill and ended up with a knee hurting. I had to take time off and I just restarted last week. It is hard to make myself stop after the program tells me to, but I have not had any knee pain. Just be careful! Congrats![/quote]

I have been walking everyday for about an hour all month so hopefully I won't get injured. Thanks for the reminder though. Sometimes I get a little driven. W1D2 tomorrow. I'm really enjoying discovering what my body can do!