Please join us

Options

Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    fortunately the roads are better today - still slick but not as treacherous - frankly if it wouldn't have been a Monday and 800 people wouldn't have gotten paid if I flaked - I would have stayed home.
    L - saw a pic from your weekend ball on FB LOVELY!! What fun. Oh and another explanation I got the other weekend for box out - is 'butt in the gut" - :>) Did you get too yell camping yet? I am ready for ball to be over - this season just needs to be over before I say or do something unfortunate
    I have to register Zach for his freshman classes this week. Gah. The pressure. It's like college - all these elective choices, getting in the right 'cluster' good grief.
    Shirley/Ang - hope you are either cozy at home or all scooped out with any injuries! Stay warm! This also should of course go to Amy too - did your blizzard pass and smooth out?
    Hey Jenny!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I hate this tablet, just lost my post.

Shirley
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I don't need to shovel! That's what my landlord is for. :D

I got a ride into work work with one of the lawyers and my parents were there when I got off so I didn't need to take the bus today! VERY glad! Seeing how the sidewalk plow hasn't go out here yet! Even coming home tonight the sidewalks on my street AND one side of the main street I live off of (the side I would get off the bus on) was still NOT plowed!!! On my street, there are a couple of businesses. They were plowed and there were HUGE (over my head huge) snow drifts at the end of the sidewalk before their driveway. There was also no footprints in the snow! Easy to tell that people were walking down the street and not the sidewalk! Not exactly safe!

Three days left at my job. Hard to believe! It's been hard to get anything done this week! Yesterday I got off before the storm started (so glad I did! Traffic at rush hour was insane! Took the lady at the bank 1hr 30min for a normal 20min trip - That's actually the best I heard) We went in late today as the roads were still a mess (still are in places) It's hard to get things done with only 2 half days! I'm determined not to leave tomorrow until 2 main things are done! I'm trying to get certain things done so I don't leave them for the other girl to do (especially when it's things she's never done before!)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm here. Missed a day again!

Started snowing today. Haven't seen fresh snow in awhile. Slow going on the roads but not too much accumulation.

Ang- Wow quite the storm you got. Must look beautiful! When are you done with your job? This week?

Amy- How's it going with your son? At some point as he matures he will realize that what he said was not the completely the truth and he'll understand more than he does now. Hang in there!

Marla- I feel your pain about basketball. I remember those days with coach decisions, unfairness, etc. Still feel sour about it. I need to let it go.

Shirley- How did you hurt your back/shoulder? Hope you feel better.

L- You looked gorgeous in your FB photo! How are the Mardi Gras festivities?

I went to see my financial guy today. At least account amounts are increasing as of now. Russ and I wrote our wills and health directive this week. I always freak out a little when the two of us go away together (even a weekend). If something happened to us at the same time, the boys need to know who to call and what to do to get life insurance and money from retirement and investment accounts. Hate this stuff!

Well watching Mark Harmon, NCIS. Love this show.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    more snow - smeh
  • angf0679
    Options
    Jenny - It only looks nice when you are nice and warm inside looking out at it. Once you get out and try to traverse around on un-plowed sidewalks and poorly plowed sidewalks that's entirely a different story!

Can't believe I only have 2 days left on my job. Wow. I don't think it will be easy on Friday. Though I do have a peace about this that I can explain comes from God and those praying for me. I'm just going to have to wait to Friday and see what happens. Even with the rain/snow storm coming Thursday into Friday I still need to make it in. Trying to get a last couple things done that I don't want to leave for the other assistant here. I got a most of one thing done today (ran out of time to finish it) and hope to get the other done. It really all depends on the other lawyers and if they need me to do anything. One wanted me to do something today but I told him I was trying to get final reports done and he left me alone to do them. Tomorrow he might want me to but I really want to get one more thing done that might take 2 full days to do. I need to talk to him first. He said he might keep me casual, 1 day a week, to help get caught up on anything. I will just have to wait and see.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I was awake most of the night with a sore throat, sinus head ache and cough. It started two days ago but I thought it would not go any further. I stayed home today to relax and sleep. I feel bad I missed my students but I'm sure that is where I'm getting these recurring colds and flu. I'll go in tomorrow no matter what. I can't miss more days if at all possible.

Stay safe Ang!

L- love your photo on FB in your gown. Beautiful!
    Marla- we got a couple of inches yesterday but today was blue sky and sunny. Very windy and cold. Tomorrow will be even colder, blah!

Hi Amy and Shirley!

I made my list of To Do's that need to get done before our trip and also a list of things to consider packing. Looks like a cold front is headed to Florida so we'll see about packing for two climates.

Have a nice night!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    oh darn Jenny - I hope you have plenty of sun and warmth on your vacation! And feel better!!!
    - basketball tonight for JV boys away in Battle Creek - meet with the registrar tomorrow about Zach's classes (yikesyikesyikes) JV ball tourney this weekend - rounding the corner on it almost being done thankfully -

Bernie took himself to the clinic yesterday I guess he decided he was ill - it seemed to hit fast - but apparently isn't the influenza

later dear ones!!
  • lcrockett
    lcrockett Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello from an overcast and cool Louisiana.

The film crew has packed up and left town. I've missed the excitement the last few days. When I left for work this morning there were a few people repainting doors and window frames back to the original colors. All of the "shop" logos have been removed, the cars and trucks from the 60's and 70's are off the streets, the wardrope trailers are gone along with the telephone booth (which neither of my kids had ever seen).

Our Krewe's Mardi Gras Ball was a lot of fun. One of the couples that I invited had never been and they had a ball. I worked backstage so I didn't get to see the tableau but I could hear a lot of oohs and ahhs. Guess I'll have to buy the video. The second ball that we attend is this weekend and I get to wear my gorgeous new dress. Just hope it fits. I took it to be altered and picked it up Monday and asked to try it on. The seamstress convinced me it would be perfect so away I went. Yep, you guessed it...took it back yesterday to have more altered. I can say that she did a beautiful job the first go around. I cannot see a single stich. I was so worried because I paid way more than I wanted (or needed). I MAY be able to go to the Krewe of Orpheaus Ball. It's the Krewe Harry Connick Jr formed. Fingers crossed.

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your son's words. Love him through it.

Ang, good luck with the government job you are hoping form. Federal, correct?

Jenny, hope you are feeling much better. Our fronts in the south pale in comparison to yours. I'm optimistic that you'll have perfect weather for your much needed vacation.

Marla, we are wrapping up basketball too. Or so I hope. I found out last night that if they win Friday night we are in the playoffs. I bet there will be some boys "camping" on purpose! I haven't gotten to use the term. It's all juniors and seniors playing so they know to stay out of the lane. Although some one was uttering "3 seconds" repeatedly the other night. Good luck with registration. Another milestone!

Shirley, how's your shoulder? Your vacation is right around the corner too, is it not?

Back to work I go.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

My shoulder blade is better, still using the massager on it but it is improved.

Going to my daughter Kathy's tomorrow to get the nursery set up. Dave will be doing
    the painting and the rest of us will be getting things ready. We will pick Kristina up at the Go Train on Saturday and she will be joining us. On Sunday the 3 of us are going to do an
    Aqua Fit class where Kathy lives. I guess she joined and is doing exercises with the as she calls it "Old Betty's". You know, peeps my age. :p I guess I will burn some calories before I go home.

Got my instructions in the mail for my colonoscopy on Tuesday. I can't wait until this is over. Then I can concentrate on getting ready for my trip and getting my clothes ready to pack.
    It has been 10 years since my last one, they do them every 10 years right now. I hope I take a few pounds off from this. The prep is worse than the procedure because they put you out (lightly) they call it Twilight. I also have choir practice on the same day but I don't know if I will make it or not.

See you after the weekend.

Shirley
  • angf0679
    Options
    L - Provincial court actually.

With a lot of prayer (and still more going up!) my resume has been submitted to the law courts. I can only wait now.

One more day left. Wow. Hard to believe. Going to be interesting getting in for my last day. We are currently in the midst of the THIRD snowstorm in a week! Getting tired of it! We are supposed to get 15-20 cm tonight (6-8 in). I need to get in tomorrow though. A few last minute things to do. I just hope I can get through the day without a lot of tears!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    ANG - Good luck on your job prospect, fingers crossed !

I just got back from Yoga Class and now getting ready to go to Kathy's. A long drive so I better get going.

See you on Sunday.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

• mizpaden74
    Options
    it's Friday - yay - except there is still ball, ball, ball, ball and more ball this weekend - sing at church for C, 4-h meeting and jr high youth group - eerrrrrgggghhhh - weary mom
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Man my laptop is freaking me out . It didn't want to charge ? anyhow . Stress overload this week .lol
    I'm not sure wht my son is going through , he got into a fight with his dad and thats even more of a mess - his dad co signed his student loans and my son is not even trying to help pay them and when my ex talked to him about how he was being disrepectful by saying all the same things he said to his half brother and sister about his dad that he said about me ...he started yelling at his dad saying he never paid child support and so he has to pay off the student loans he's gonna pay for what he did to him? wth? I'm not sure what all this is about
    - He's angry because when my mom's ex boyfriend passed away last years he didn't leave him anything? he keeps saying how terrible we were as parents and that we were never there for him . I finally broke down and told my husband last night because I feel like my son is taking advantage of my mother in Louisiana by using her car all the time and if he wrecks it she will just be out of luck because she only has liability on it . but she says just to let him be because if we do tell him no , that he's never going to shut up about it .

Sorry I have nothing possitive to say rigth now .
    Marla , I have no idea what I would do in that situation I'm sorry that happened to your son.

I am now writing every thing down so that when I do go back to Louisiana in March I can start to let him remember all the good things we did do for him ?

L, I'm trying to love him through it lol but yea this is rough . I still love him so much though .

Anj, good luck , have a great time in transition !
  • angf0679
    Options
    Well today was my last day as an official full time employee. I'm staying on as "casual". They are going to bring me in about one day week. I can work a certain number of hours without it coming off my EI. I will just have to wait and see what happens at this point and time.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was too tired to open my computer and check in yesterday. I have a head cold with major congestion in my sinus' and head. Some sneezing jags and occasional sore throat symptoms. I went to work yesterday and today and got many things done that were needed. Still a couple of things left to do at work before I have my week off.

My lists are made for packing and the To Do's. I will begin to tackle all this weekend. The dogs are scheduled for baths, we are getting haircuts, and I've cancelled out on book club, knitting group and church group (yes all in the same week) so we have our evenings to get ready for the trip. Groomer, laundry, packing, dogs to sitter and pick up car rental then away we go.

L- 50's and 60's would feel like a comfortable heat wave. I just want to walk on the beach and hear and see the ocean :) Post a picture on FB in your new gown. What is a Krewe?

Shirley- I totally agree colonoscopy prep is worse than the procedure. Good luck. I'll be due in two years. Countdown to Jamaica! Have fun decorating the nursery. My friend at work just told me today that she is due with her first baby. This is the friend who got married last February that I wrote about a lot because her boyfriend just wouldn't pop the question. They are ecstatic about the baby. I can't wait to see your pictures of your new grand baby when they arrive.

Marla- Hang in there with bball. Busy nights and weekends. Before you know it school will be out and you'll be preparing for high school. I thought freshman year was a fun one. Everything is new again, meet new friends, and more to choose from for activities.

Ang- Do you have to shovel your own walk or driveway? We have hardly any snow. Weird! The east coast has gotten it all.

Amy- I'm so sorry you are having tough times with your son. He's going through a rough patch. How old is he?

Well I'm getting ready for bed soon. I seem to go to bed earlier and earlier these days. I'll be 54 in a month, maybe that's it? LOL! I'm trying to decide if I should dye my hair again or let it go. I have some gray coming in which doesn't look horrible but my base color (natural) is much darker than it was when I was younger. Don't like it so much but it is closer to my mom's natural color than it use to be. Any thoughts?

Night for now!
    Jenny
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I spent half the day "getting our affairs in order" for the boys. Our wills and health directives are written, just need to be witnessed and signed. I recorded all important info boys would need to know (contacts, accounts, wishes, etc.) Whew!

Weather is looking good for our drive to Florida. East and west coast have all the problems.

This week will go fast with all the things we have to get done. I have to get things in order at work before I leave. A couple of items that have to get done and files to be given to next provider of service at age 3 for some.

Well gray and gloomy day. I'm going to let my mind rest for awhile.

Have a nice night!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    so fun looking forward to your vacation Jenny - woot! And even though it's stressful and not fun getting your 'affairs' in order - it has to be a relief having that in line

Amy - it sounds like your son is definitely going through a rough patch and I am praying it will smooth out quickly and everyone will get back on track

Ang - sounds like things are going well - good deal!

Another weekend of ball over. Whew. They split our JV boys up into two teams since there are so many of them and one of the other schools dropped out - the 'white' team (which Caleb was on) ended up 3rd and the 'blue' team took 1st. The rest of the games are all away - we go to Seward Thursday night for both boys - just 'regular' games - then back to Seward all weekend for the huge C Club tourney. If I didn't have all those four legged things at home I would just get us a room down that way - alas - we will drive, drive, drive and drive some more. Piano recital is two Sunday's away except that is also Zach's game ever also. Don't have the brackets yet so don't know if we will be able to make that work or not. Of course this could also be his last recital ever so either way will be a shame if we miss one. Zach suddenly decided to do the double block biology next year and while I don't doubt he 'can' do it- but with this years drama am worried sick that he 'will' do it. He is committing to all those hours for football and there will be homework with that advanced class - siiggggghhh - must let go - tomorrow is parent/teacher conferences - not looking forward to (there's a first - usually its just the typical they're doing good, just work a little harder thing - who knows what this session will be!) I have an appointment today to see if they doc can come up with anything to help with my lingering supreme gotta go urgency that hasn't gone away from the UTI at Christmas. So over that.

Cool video on FB L!

Have a great week!
  • angf0679
    Options
    Last night it started hitting me that I had NO job to go to today. :neutral_face: It's not a good feeling. I watched some funny videos on youtube to get me laughing. I think it helped but then I tried to sleep. Emphasis on the tried. I think it was well past 3am before I finally fell asleep and STAYED asleep. I hope that's not going to be a repeat every day!

This morning I went to the gym for the first time in over a month. :smile: I started the Goodlife 20-Minute Fit-Fix. Weight training. Needles to say, I am started to feel it!! I had someone guide me through it today and I might need to be asking for help the next time, or even the next few times I go! The only gym equipment I've used before today was a treadmill, exercise bike, and an elliptical. This was something completely new! Some of them felt weird, as it was my first time using them. The last one was the abdominal machine. I can barely do a sit up or crunch, let alone trying to be pulling weights up with me at the same time! That machine was a total fail! Tomorrow I am going to my first class. I'm trying my hand at the body pump class. It's a the strength training and endurance training I want and it also tones and shapes. Two great things in one. It is an hour long class, so I hope I ca get through it!

My plans for today are to clean. I've been letting the cleanliness of my place slide. I haven't been motivated to get up and do anything. Today I need to tackle the cleaning, starting with my kitchen!!!
  • Shirley61
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi gals,

I had a long post and just lost it on my tablet. I guess I must hit something and the whole thing disappears. Live and Learn.

We left on Friday and it wasn't a great drive up with the snow and roads. We picked Kristina up at the train station and we all went to their local pub for a fish fry. It was nice to have the 4 of us together again, it has been a long time. Fraser was out West (B.C.) with his buddies for a few days so we kept Kathy company in the new house.

Our weekend was good with the girls and Dave. Kathy and Fraser's house is lovely and big and I can see them there for many years to come. Kathy has popped again since I last saw her but she looks good but is tired all the time, expected.

Dave and I gave them some extra money to buy a new dishwasher, theirs is very loud and they can use only one cycle. So they can use the money for that or something else they need.

On Saturday Dave painted the nursery and the girls and myself went through all the baby clothes. She has clothes from age newborn to age 5. These clothes were given to her by Fraser's sister. So by the time we got done she had 3 bins of clothes labelled and ready to go. We took the rest to Goodwill after taking Kristina back to the bus station so she could get home. She had some things scheduled she had to get back to.

On Sunday, Kathy and I went to Aqua Fit class which she joined. It was a good workout for 45 min and 15min stretching. After that we went back to her house and got packed and started home. The roads were not the best. Dave ended up shoveling Kathy's driveway 4 times while we were there. We saw a few accidents along the way but made it home safe and sound.

Nothing but liquids today, all day, getting ready for my procedure tomorrow. I am missing my coffee and of course food. :\

Marla - I hope you get some answers from your doctor, you have had this for a long time now. Good luck!

Jenny - I bet you can't wait to get to your vacation, where are u going again?
    I hope you get rid of the virus and feel better soon.

Amy - So sorry to hear about your stress with your son, may things work out sooner than later.

Ang - I guess you are getting blasted with this snow too. We had more today and they are calling for freezing rain. Enjoy your time off, you have many years to come of working and you will look back at this.

Shirley - Jamaica is looking really good right now!