Please join us

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,338 Member
    Weekend was very busy. Yesterday we got the decorations upstairs from the basement and put up the tree. We bought additional lights since some had burnt out and we were able to put the garland on the tree before we went to church. I went to bed early last night due to fatigue. Today we went grocery shopping and then I spent the afternoon decorating the tree, putting out decorations, and making gifts for my students. I still haven't shopped for things I need for Christmas or started baking. It was too wet and foggy out to walk today. It was the kind of dampness that makes you wet just standing in it.

Marla- I hope your UTI is better. Drink, drink, drink...! (water/cranberry juice that is, Ha Ha!)

Ang- So busy that you have no time to eat? That's busy! Take care of yourself.

Amy- nice to hear from you. Work sounds crazy for you. Is there a high turn over in your job? I would hope your boss would value your commitment and listen when you say you can't do the job of more than one person.

Shirley- I'm glad you had fun on your float. Why didn't many people show up to participate? They missed the fun! Are you buying lots of baby presents for your daughter (baby clothes, toys, books, etc.)? It would be hard not to.

Well this weekend flew by. One more week of work then two weeks off! Can't wait...

Have a happy Monday!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    And it's over! Tonight's turn out was so much larger then last night's performance! I didn't forget any of my lines tonight, but one of the kids did. I had to quietly prompt him to remind him of the correct line. Best part was that Lawyer K and Lawyer E came out! So happy that they did.

After I got handed a gift and they said "someone" told them to give it to me. It's my Brookside chocolate covered blueberries and accai! So love those! I literally JUST emptied a bag of those this afternoon and was sad it was the last of them! I don't have to be sad anymore!
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,793 Member
    Oh Amy - your schedule pretty awful - I hope your bosses will take your requests seriously - hugs!

Ang - are you done with your program? We are done with ours and PHEW!!! Practice was a trainwreck Saturday but it all came together wonderfully yesterday. The old 'awful dress rehearsal great performance' bit was true. Pleased and happy to be part of such a wonderful thing - but as usual - GLAD it is over. So much extra work. But it speaks to me in a way most things don't.

Jenny - it is pretty warm here too but it is pouring and the temps are dropping - kind of freaking out about that - it will be a disaster if that water freezes. Dear heavens, please no

Shirley - please wrap my presents too (oh, and pick them out and buy them!) I am so behind

Still feel not great. I thought I would be feeling spiffier by now. I mean I can function - but I still have to GO all the time and my back hurts - booooo - I don't know if that means I need to go back in or if it is just working it's way out

laters!
  • jrbanta
    Nine days without sun! My energy is so low right now. Today was rainy and dark out but temps in the 50's. A storm is coming from the west with cooler temps so we can expect slushy, icy snow tomorrow, blah! I hate walking and driving on ice.

I have paperwork to do so I can send out to parents on Friday before our 2 week break. I'll have to work at home in the evenings I think. Very tired tonight so don't know how much I will get done. I have a few gifts to wrap before Wednesday and still have to shop for stocking stuffers, mail a package (hate the post office this time of year), and get organized. Our Christmas will be very low key since the kids are coming and going.

Ang and Marla- glad your programs were a success. Now you can get on to what happens next. Ang- how nice that your lawyers came to your program. Do they go to your church or were they supporting you? They appreciate you!

Marla-are they boys excited for Christmas and what do they want this year? Teens are hard to buy for, at least mine were.

Shirley- WTG with getting in your meditation. I'm glad it makes you feel centered. I need to make time to meditate during my week. It would help me a lot.

Hi Amy! Did we lose L?

Have a nice evening.
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    Marla - It's over!

Jenny - They just came to support me and see me in it. None of them go to church.

Tonight is the work Christmas party. I made sure to get to the gym this morning to burn extra calories I can still hopefully stay under my calorie goal today. We will see. When I was running this morning I started to feel something jab my knee. Still feel it. :( Hope I didn't do anything to do and it will work itself out. Never had knee issues before with running.
  • mizpaden74
    back to the doc - still not over it - got a scrip for five days of levaquin - come on horse pill - cost as much as gold - hope it works!
  • jrbanta
    Ang- that is so nice they just came to support you. What a great way to show how much they care and value you as a person and coworker. Take care of your knee! I wouldn't want you to get knee issues...

Marla- wow! The antibiotics aren't kicking it? I hope you feel better soon. Bad time of the season not to feel well.

Shirley- I see you are still having fun shopping. I wish I could hire you to buy my stocking stuffers and send them my way. I will get out there and get it done, not just yet.

Tonight I need to pick the dogs up at the groomer, write an education plan for a student and wrap some gifts I need to give tomorrow to students and a few coworkers. I'll have one more plan to write before the week is over and one report. Then I can begin to plan what I need to get done for next week.

I stood in line at the post office today to send David a package in OR. We chose names and Rory bought him a book. I sent it off so he would get it in time for Christmas. He won't be crabbing for more than a month. I guess the season isn't revealing much crab. Not good for his income.

I think I will work on Happy New Year cards next week and send some off to family and those that have sent us cards. I won't make it in time for Christmas with a photo card but I can get one done for the New Year. I'll type up a letter to go with it of this past year's events.

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Evening,

I went shopping today with my friend Donna, and yes bought one more gift. I am going to give it to Fraser (my SIL) to open up. It says, CAT Hair, both a condiment and a fashion accessory. They have two cats so I thought this would be a hoot. Just a fun gift.

I also bought a Santa Nutcracker and an Santa snow globe. Not that I don't have enough Christmas stuff already. We had lunch at Carrabbas and had a coffee and dessert later.

Still trying to get used to my Tablet, not sure if I like it or not. Typing something long on it isn't easy especially typing on glass. I do like the various Smileys they are so cute and the extras like Santa. I typed a long post on another thread and sent it and only half of the post appeared. More work if you ask me.

MARLA - Gosh, I hope you feel better, those pills sound serious. Be well my friend <3

JENNY - There wasn't the interest in the float this year and we had different people help and those people didn't show up the day of. One couple didn't come because her father passed away a few days before the parade. <3 Looks like you still have a lot to do before Christmas so plod along it always gets done in the end. No, I am not buying a lot of baby things yet. I did buy a large box of stuff for Kathy to use when the baby comes. She will be getting a lot of stuff from Fraser's sister so I am taking it slow right now.

ANG - I hope you are not having knee problems now. Be careful. Nice that the lawyers
    came to support you at your performance. :)

AMY - I hope you can get some relief from your job in the New Year.

Shirley

Wet and dreary today, no sun in awhile.

• angf0679
    oh my dinner last night was soooooooooooooooooooooo good! I had the most delicious tasty Parmesan chicken with fresh mozeralla and fettuccine all'Afredo. For dessert I had a White Chocolate Roulade, vanilla and pistachio sponge cake rolled with raspberry jam, white chocolate Mascarpone mousse, fresh raspberries, and white chocolate curls. The whole Christmas dinner was really nice. It's not to often I can get out to nice restaurants like that. Not something I can afford on my own!

My knee is still aching a little today, not as much as yesterday. I decided not to to go them gym and run today, partly because of that and partly because I had a food induced sleep last night and had a hard time waking up! :p
  • mizpaden74
    mmmmmm parmesean chicken mmmmmm
    I hesitate to say but I think I am feeling better! Oh please I hope this sticks - I have so much to do and have been to crummy to do anything but the minimum
    as usual everyone is busy busy, but i hope well and finding time to enjoy the season that is so quickly coming to an end.

hugs my dear friends and watch out 2015 here we come!
  • Shirley61

1781137mc5r3p4eso.gif

Good morning,

I just got back from a massage this morning. Yesterday was a chiro apt. and now my back is back to where it was. I will have to talk to my Yoga instructor, looks like I am having to modify some of the Yoga postures to fit the needs of my back.

Yesterday I cleaned my upstairs and all is ready for company and dinner on Christmas Day. Looks like we are having 12 for dinner and my two girls Kristina and Kathy and my SIL
    Fraser will be doing all the cooking for me this year. What a break for Mom!

I talked to my daughter, Kristina, and we have made plans to go a market in Toronto on Saturday which has German wares to buy. I can't wait to see it, I hear there are long line ups so I will have to dress warm. They have all the lights on at night so were are going around 3PM to see the lights too. It should be fun.

Well today I still have to get my exercise in for the day. Take care and try and be stress free this week.

Shirley

32F and snow is predicted
  • jrbanta
    Busy week and filling in my schedule for January at work. Getting busier. I have been assigned several new students this past week but haven't met them yet. Tomorrow is my last day of work and then two weeks off, yay! Tomorrow will be quiet in the office so I should be able to get a lot done.

I went out for dinner with Jeff's girl friend Iva last night. He is out of town. We tried a new place and it was very good. We had a nice chat and dinner together. She is so sweet but is not from Mpls. so does not know a lot of people yet.

We had fresh snowfall this week so it looks a little prettier outside. Also colder so I've been wearing sweaters and my down jacket.

Your dinner sounds yummy Ang!
    Funny gift for your SIL Shirley.
    Marla- hope you are ready for Christmas and get some time for you.
    Amy- I hope you get to be with hubbie next week and not work so hard.

Work to do so better get at it :s

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Afternoon,

We had to go to a Memorial Service this morning for a man who passed at the age of 60.
    He was well loved and a friend of the family (Dave's side) of the family. There were at least 500 people there. He was a Customs and Immigration Officer and then changed careers to be an Investment Planner. He knew a lot of people over the years and kept some long time friends.

Dave and his friend Bob went down to the sailing club to give out their gifts to the staff who work there and help them all year long.

So I am thinking about doing my exercises and then I don't what the day will bring.
    We didn't make plans for dinner so I think we will go out somewhere.
    I will be bringing some cookies I baked to Kristina's tomorrow so she can sample her favorites.

MARLA- I hope you are on the mend now and your hubby doesn't catch it or the boys.
    JENNY - A nice dinner out with your son's girlfriend :) Are you getting to know her better?
    It has been cold here too but no snow yet.
    AMY- Glad you could check in with us, and hope things are better at work and you can spend time with your DH.
    ANG- That dinner sounds decadent. :p How is your knee doing?

Shirley
    29F and cloudy, come on Sun!!

• jrbanta
    Yay I'm on a two week break from work. So happy!

I have tons to do. Bake, shop, paint furniture, see movies, clean...

Today I get my hair cut. Badly needed! I need to get ingredients so I can do some baking tomorrow and Wednesday. I like to make my coffee cakes for the neighbors on Christmas Eve day so they are fresh and not frozen. I always freeze one for each of the boys so they can have their own. We only need one for Christmas morning. I may bake peanut blossom cookies and possibly chocolate chip. I need to look at my recipes. I'm not a sugar cookie fan with the frosting on top. I love to look at them though.

I'm just getting started with the holiday prep so full speed ahead.

Have a wonderful Saturday!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    My gifts are FINALLY all wrapped. After finishing my shopping on Thursday night. I am so glad to finally be done! The only thing left to do is some baking. I am mostly do it to give as gifts to people.

I'd post pictures of my dinner, but I don't want to torture you all. I still think about how yummy it was!

My knee is feeling find. I will see what happens when I go running tomorrow. I wanted to go this morning, but I was up to late last night and didn't get up on time. :( I really need to get in the habit of going to bed earlier so I CAN get up on time to go. I am a self-proclaimed "not a morning person" so I need to work on that!

This morning was the Sunday School Christmas concert at church. As always the littlest kids stole the show. After all you never know what 2 to 4 year old little sheep, cows and donkey are going to do! I gave my Sunday School kids their gifts today. They got so excited with the books I gave them! Well one of the boys got excited about the PICTURE of the book I gave them! The ones I ordered for the boys got back ordered and then the shipping was delayed! It was suppose to arrive Friday but it didn't! It should arrive tomorrow now, so I told them I would have it for them at the Christmas Eve service.
  • jrbanta
    I tried posting yesterday but lost my post. This site drives me crazy at times. I've given up on logging because it takes forever to log a food. Spinning wheel of death....is it my MAC or the site?

Ang- sounds like you are very organized and your programs have gone well at church. We will go to Christmas service at our church on Tuesday eve. They have several services leading up to Christmas (big church). We chose to avoid the biggest crowds on Christmas Eve.

Today I get my mammogram, shop for baking ingredients, PEST control comes to check traps inside, and Rory arrives home later today. No snow on the ground. Gray and wet. We will have a combo of snow and rain this week so probably not a white Christmas for us.

Well off to be squished like a pancake. Have a great day!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Jenny - sounds like lots of good busies for you. Rory home, dinner with Iva, (ok the Mammo not fun, but good to get it done) and on and on. I haven't decided what to make for morning munch - thinking about cinnamon rolls - but that is probably a bad idea - I am nowhere near where I want to be and bread is a major downfall. I will probably stick to eggs because those don't tempt me so much.

Shirley - as usual lots of fun things going on - how was the shopping?

Ang - it's always exciting will smaller crumb-snatchers -

The school program was Thursday night and a few measures into the first song the fire alarm went off. In all my years of programs (going back almost 17 years with nephew) never have had that happen. It was a false alarm (shocking I know) and it caused a good bit of chaos - but they got things settled pretty quickly all in all. I told Zach we will always remember his 8th grade program for sure.

I got all my shopping Friday and wrapping done Saturday. YES!!!!! Such a relief. I was in a complete dither. And Jenny - I agree this site is getting more unfriendly I think. I keep losing my days and I swear I am checking in but something doesn't take. Grrr. But I am loathe to give up my cooler girls. Hugs!

Have a great day - I'm sure this week will be lots of crazy fun and stressful moments. Here's wishing anyone I don't catch again a blessed Christmas!
  • Shirley61
    Hi Ladies,

Another busy day but will make time to check in . I am doing laundry now, need to work out, need to make homemade soup and the list goes on and on.

MARLA - Love the new picture of the boys and yourself. Once in awhile you should get the hubby in there so we can see him too. :) I am glad you are finally getting things done.

JENNY - I see you are racing to the finish of holiday things to do.

ANG - You are getting things done too and we are all to the holiday finish line.

I had a great time with my two daughters. Our picture is on Facebook at the Christmas Market in Toronto. I had a German Schnitzel on a pretzel bun, mulled wine and an Apple Toddy while I was there. If you want to check it out the account is in David Bruce.
    I did buy a German ornament for the tree which came from Germany and was made in Germany. The place was decorated really nice with all the lights and such. It was really cold and talk about shoulder to shoulder people. Anyway, after that I went to see Kristina's office for work and then we went into the Village to get some dinner. Kathy
    left us after the market, she is doing great, she is 25 weeks pregnant now and 25 pounds. The doctor said she is at the limit now in weight and she had to watch herself now.

After going to two different restaurants we couldn't get into we finally found one to have some dinner. We took the subway and streetcar back to Kristina's and then chilled for the night in our jammies and watched a movie ( Blue Jasmine).

Now to get back to my laundry and exercise, the day is flying by.

Shirley
  • lcrockett
    lcrockett Posts: 147 Member
    Hello from Louisiana!! I cannot wait to spend some time catching up on the nearly 40 posts I've missed over the last several weeks. Scanning as I scrolled to reply it looks like everyone has been very, very busy.

Just a quick catch up on me...I trained on the road each week of November with the exception of Thanksgiving week and wound up the quarter's training the second week of December. I had a team travel with me this round and it was a lot of fun and kind of kept me energized.

At the start of December I lost someone very dear to me. It has taken quite a toll on me emotionally and I can't seem to catch my breath. The grief has been so immense.

Finally, I'm one week post-op from a full hysterectomy. Without going into a lot of detail, it had to be done quickly. All is almost well. The surgeon punctured my bladder. I understand it happens frequently because of scar tissue and/or how close it is to the cervix. I came home with a catheter -- YUCK!! Went to have it removed today, but came back home with another one. UGH!! I would not have minded a new bag for Christmas but this definitely isn't the bag I had in mind. I am incredibly relieved with the results of the surgery otherwise.

So between the two life altering events, I'm down 15 pounds. 5 more to go to reach my original goal weight when I first joined MFP (that I had met then allowed 20 of the 60 lbs lost to creep back on). I was brave and changed my weight today on the site. Now that I've lost a few pounds I'm ready to get back into shape. It's time to go from "flab to fab." Just have to wait on the all clear from the doctors.

I'll be headed to my mother's (who fell a couple of weeks ago. Yes it does pour when it rains!) for Christmas. The high will be 59 degrees (sorry Ang!). No white Christmas for me. I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas!
  • jrbanta
    Hi L! Good to hear from you but so sorry about your loss of a loved one and having to have surgery too. Take one day at a time. Sorry to hear your mom fell. Will she be okay?

Marla- I lose days too. I receive a message that tells me I still have time to log in when I've already been on the site. I don't even worry about the days anymore. The same goes for the weight. I've entered weight loss and it tells me I've lost 1 pound when it was 12 total. I was even honest and updated my top weight but MFP isn't calculating right.

Shirley- sounds like you had fun with your daughters. Shopping all done? I have one more thing to get and am done. I need to bake though. Rory and his friend baked chocolate chip cookies tonight with some of the ingredients I bought. They made huge cookies and only one sheet of them. I'll probably make another batch but smaller cookies and more of them.

I have a guy coming to clean and service my gas fire place tomorrow. It's been a long time since it has been done. Makes me nervous sometimes to turn it on knowing things could be clogged or something wrong with gas line. So this is the year to service it.

It poured rain here all day. We've had so much rain and gray sky that it's depressing. No drought problems here. Less than two months until Florida so hopefully we see the sun there.

Well sleep well and get all your prep done for the holiday!
    Jenny