Please join us

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    MARLA - I hope all goes well with your Dad and nothing serious. My thoughts are with you as you have been with me in times of need. <3

JENNY - I don't hear anything about the knees, I suspect you are pain free for a while.
    Sorry to hear you are sick, its that time of year we spread our joy all over. Feel better soon. <3

ANG- A raise, how wonderful you deserve it for all you do for those lawyers. Good luck with getting to the gym early and continuing your workouts.

I went shopping with my sister yesterday and we hit Kohls, Stein Mart, Dave's Christmas
    store and Merl Normal (makeup). A good day, and we had lunch at Panera Bread and I had my favorite Chicken, Avocado Cobb Salad but I did have dessert. I should know better.
    My sister is coming to my house for Christmas and so far there will be 12 of us.

I am up 10 pounds from my MFP weight and have not changed it. I will change it when
    the New year comes and get back to my discipline. It is so hard this time of year.
    My next goal will be February for a our trip to Jamaica again.

I talked to my daughter, who is pregnant, and she will have her first visit with the
    Obgyn on Tuesday in the neighborhood she will be moving to in January. She has already started some packing on the weekends so she won't be so overwhelmed.

Well I should go and get some cleaning done. Tonight dinner with my MIL and putting
    up our tree and decorating. Fun times!

Shirley

Cloudy, rain tonight and 42F feels like 36F. :|

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!! I had a short week but being home 2 days with the flu wasn't fun. I went back to work today and got some things done. I'm constantly having hot flashes where I sweat (drip on my temples). I don't know if this is hormone related or a bug I'm just carrying around and spreading to one and all. It's been going on for a few months now. I thought I was done with hot flashes since I was good this past year but now they must be back, ugh!

Marla- I hope all goes well for your Dad. It is our ages (40's upward) where our parents start to have health issues and we are needed to make sure communication happens with doctors, they get to appointments, sit vigil at the hospital, etc. Hugs to you!

Shirley- I've had two shots in each knee and am relatively pain free most of the time. My left knee has slight twinges of discomfort at times but the cortisone has helped a lot. Now if I could just shake this cough and not catch any more germs. I think I will start drinking Airborne a couple of times per week and see if it boosts my resistance to these bugs. Your shopping spree sounds great! You must be pretty ready for the holidays! We will get our tree up this weekend, hopefully. Warm temps here too! 30's and 40's... You'll do great after the holidays when Jamaica is your reward for losing the weight. We are going to Florida in February so it would be nice to be down another 10 pounds. We'll see. So far I've dropped 12 since October. I think this job position is more active and I don't sit so much. I've also had less of an appetite with my injury and these bugs I keep getting.

Ang- Yikes! That is a steep price for a trainer. I've paid about $350 before which bought me 8-12 sessions and that was a gift to myself at that time.

Hi Amy and L!

Happy Friday!
    Jenny

• jrbanta
    Options
    Beautiful weather today. Russ and I were able to do our Nordic walking at the regional park on the paved walking trail. It was dry and fairly ice free. We walked 2.1 miles (60 minutes). We both feel it in our muscles. I hope the weather cooperates occasionally for us to get outside and do this during the winter. It makes all the difference to not feel cooped up in the house. Tomorrow I'm going to take the dogs to the park for an early walk. It's suppose to rain and sleet in the afternoon. My knees are handling the walking well. I could feel a twinge in my left knee at the end of our 2.0 miles today but the cortisone is helping me to get some activity in my life. Loving the warm temps this weekend and coming week.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I need to get myself organized for the Christmas Holiday. Decorations come out of the store room tomorrow.

Night!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My weekend was to busy. To busy to the point I apparently forgot to log one day! I thought I had logged part of it, but apparently I didn't. My daily count has been reset. :(
    Oh well. I know I've actually been doing it longer!

How I am enjoying the beauty of the Christmas season. Just wish I could have a Christmas where I am NOT so busy! I realized last week, this today is the ONLY day this week I do NOT have to be at my church in the evening! Sunday was church, Tuesday I have full dress rehearsal, Wednesday is church, Thursday is full dress rehersal with the choir, Friday is the kids club Christmas program and Saturday is the first performance of the cantata! (I keep having this nightmare that all my lines leave my head when I go to perform in front of an audience.)

Because of the craziness of the week. (and that tonight is the only night I can go pick up my nephews birthday gift that finally came in, which is a good thing since his birthday is Thursday!) I realized that if I am going to get to them gym at all to run, I need to go in the morning. So I was up nice and early this morning and went! It felt great! Just wasn't early enough to get breakfast in me before going. I went to the deli next door to work. Can't afford to do that all the time, so I need to get the light out earlier at night so I can get myself up earlier!
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    ang - what a crazy schedule - that is my least favorite part of all the activities just cram, cram, cram, get more in. Ug. As much as I love (LOVE) music will be so glad when next weekend is over. Have the all morning practice Saturday then the program for both services Sunday. It will be a relief to have it done!

Great news that it seems dad is doing well for now. They have diagnosed an atrial fib and are suddenly happy with how the medication is working. I am honestly in shock that it seemed to be so suddenly ok - in my experience heart things don't resolve that 'easily' but they cut him loose Friday from the hospital with a couple of news meds a blood thinner and a calcium blocker. One of my concerns is that dad claims he couldn't tell his heart was racing - and I call b.s. I used to have tachycardic (other problem years ago) and I could tell immediately when my heart beat took off. And if he truly can't tell - then how will he know if things decline - he is on no monitoring just the meds. HUFFFF - The whole yay it's fine, you go home now thing is annoying me.

Jenny - glad you are getting around better - but hope you will kick your viral/whatever bug soon too. Boo for germs! Yay for getting out and being active!

Shirley - THANKS! Gogo baby bump - are you buying baby gifts already?

• Shirley61
    Options
    Hello Friends,

I am kind of crazy busy right now so I hope things settle down soon after the parade
    on Saturday.
    I did a quick read on your posts and I see Jenny is feeling better with the knees but not
    so much with a virus. Feel better soon. :| Marla, is at the usual crunch before Christmas with singing and running the kids around. Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. <3

I just got back from Yoga and a 10 min meditation. I had a hard time winding down today with all I have to do but I did need it. It felt good after I left. I am doing Yoga twice a week now and it is making me more flexible, my hips sure need stretching more.

Saturday night was the work Christmas party for Dave and the food was good and the
    calories were high. Enough said. After that we got up and had breakfast at the hotel
    and then headed home. Dave put the new tree together.

I am doing laundry today , I have to wrap 3 boxes as gifts for the float. Change my sheets on the bed, get gas in the car and get some groceries. Dave is out of town tonight so I hope to get some things done tonight. I will try and keep up with those guys but the parade is Saturday and our float from the sailing club still has to be decorated. We are going Tuesday night to get things started. After that I can concentrate on baking some cookies and try and be on here more. Time will tell.

We ended up buying a new tree this year, unexpected, our old one finally bit the dust. Dave was so frustrated trying to put it up. The new one is bigger and has white on the tips on the branches it looks really nice all decorated. We did that last night after getting back from a church concert to see two our friends sing. One of the gals gave us free tickets.
    There was more than one choir and the singing was beautiful. Marla, I can see why you like it. The gals said I could join if I wanted, and I am thinking about it.

Hello to ANG, AMY, AND L B)

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

39F, cloudy and no snow
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

I fell yesterday on the patio after straightening out the bird feeder. I think the squirrels are having fun with it. So I tripped and fell spread eagle on the patio. I hurt my knee and landed on my left side. Of course my sore back, side. I took an Epsom bath last night and feel better today but a little sore.

My Yoga instructor said yesterday, did anyone see the full moon on Saturday night?
    Well I did, it was right in front of me at our dinner Saturday night looking out the windows.
    She said it is a time for some people to go a little crazy and to be careful because that is a time for accidents. Hence, the fall on the patio. How did she know? ;)

I had my chiropractic apt this morning and had an adjustment. Good thing. I booked a massage for next week and that will end my prescription with the doctor for my massages that are covered by insurance.

I will be dusting the downstairs today, too many things interrupting my routines now.
    Tonight will be getting all the things down from the attic at the sailing club and start
    decorating the float. I hope we get done tonight or we will have to come back on Wednesday to finish.

Tom called me last night (Elli's husband) to join them for breakfast on Thursday morning because it is Elli's birthday. So different not buying her a birthday and Christmas gift this year. :( I said I will try with all that is going on, but I should just go.

Have a great day and don't stress out too much for the holidays coming. o:)

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    HI!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Oh no Shirley! Don't become like me! I hope you are feeling better and your pain has lessened. Yoga should help with your strength and balance so you will fair better than me until I get it all together to get my yoga in.

I hope you can make it to breakfast on Elli's birthday with her husband. It must be hard for him right now with holidays and all. Good luck on the float!

Hi Marla. Sing, sing and sing some more!

Hi Ang, Amy and L.

I had a late visit with a little girl I hadn't seen in weeks due to my illnesses. Now I have to take off to my small group for church. We are meeting at someone else's house and have dinner and discuss our book "9 Simple Things You Must Do". Russ had two temporary crowns put on and does not feel good so he's not going.

Well have a great night!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Hey all.

Jenny - how was book club? Anything good for dinner? I put roast in the slow cooker last night and it got a big thumbs down. Boo.

Shirley - I missed the full moon (aside from feeling kinda crazy ;)). Hope you aren't too sore from your fall.

Tonight is gonna be looooonnnnnnngggggg. Gogogo speed racer.

Picked up the proofs from the boys picture session - some really good ones as usual. Gawd so grown up! Senior pictures will be the next time I blink. Cripes.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Here is a picture of our new tree this year. Posting pictures is really simple now with this new format.

npch3ktvpa9z.jpg
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    looks great Shirley - if it's easier to post pics I hope I can figure it out - today toooooo tiiiirrrreeeeeddddd and I have a UTI - but started the antibiotics hoping soon to feel not so uurrrrgggeeeeennnnttt - feh
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marla -Sorry about your UTI feel better soon.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Beautiful tree Shirley! What is different about this site that makes posting pics easier? Haven't tried it. I'm glad you went to breakfast with Elli's husband. How is he coping? I'm sure he appreciated seeing you on her bday.

Marla- UTI? :'( What a bummer heading into the holidays. I've never had one. Are they painful? I hope it goes away quickly. Post a pic of your boys so we can see...

Getting warm here. It will be 40's tomorrow and 50 by Sunday. Lots of moisture in the air so foggy and air quality alert, bah! Black ice on the sidewalks and parking lots this week. I have to walk like a penguin. Haven't fallen so count myself lucky.

Only 5 of us were at the small group discussion for our book. Dinner was a chicken tetrazzini with salad and bread. I took a fruit gallette from Baker's Square for dessert. We ate all but two pieces. I brought one home for Russ and the other was for the hostess' husband who could not attend.

I'm skipping my work Christmas party tonight. I'm so tired and have had something every night this week. It was going to be held fairly far away and I didn't want to battle rush hour traffic after my late home visit with a student. I'm in my pajamas and relaxing. Yes I'm a party pooper but glad to be home and off the roads.

Well have a nice evening. Our group is dwindling in members again...

Jenny
  • angf0679
    Options
    I am so tired. This week has been draining and it's not over yet. Tuesday night I was out late with rehearsal and then getting groceries and again last night with church. When I got home I realized I there was no way I could go to bed until I cleaned. My apartment was starting to look like a war zone. By the time I was almost finished, it was approaching midnight. I then remembered I needed to make cupcakes last night for Friday, so I can decorate them tonight. I went to bed at 1:30. My alarm went off at 4:30 in an attempt to get to the gym. While I was awake, I couldn't get the energy up to get out of bed. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open on the bus on the way to work!
    Got home tonight around 9:30 from rehearsal. (Last one before out performance!) Now I need to decorate the cupcakes for tomorrow. All I want to do is sleep! So can't wait for this week to be over and things can go back to normal! (In away. Still need to finish Christmas preparations - like shopping!)
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    feel the same Ang - long week - big weekend and not a lick of Cmas done.

I don't think I've ever had a UTI before - it's not horrible just have GO all the time and kind of pressurey - although it's good I didn't wait too much longer he said it might go to the kidney's otherwise - yikes - no wonder I feel pretty crummy. I don't blame you about staying home - I am skipping our work party Saturday night - after practicing all morning for church and having two big performances Sunday plus another concert I have no desire to spend my couple of down hours watching people be idiots and pretending to have fun.

Making my way through Friday - still have ball practice and piano before the day is a wrap though - and probably using the crumminess as an excuse to not workout.

Need to do cards this weekend, oh and I got the proofs from the portrait session - and MAN - it looks way too much like a senior picture set - my babies!!! Not babies. Wish I could post some of the pics but copyrights and all that. HAPPY FRIDAY!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I missed making it on here yesterday. Long week and busy too many evenings. I too skipped my work Christmas party on Thursday eve. Thursdays are a long day at work with that late visit with a student so driving rush hour across the metro to a party was not to my liking. I guess only 20 out of about 50 people showed up. Every year some of us say that doing a get together in January after things quiet down would be nice. Most people don't want to break tradition or just don't like change. Oh well...

Gray, foggy and dirty outside. Warm temps and no new snow in the forecast. Temps warm enough to Nordic walk this weekend so we will get out and do it.

The tree has to go up today so I can decorate and enjoy it for a couple of weeks. Yikes!

Hang in there Ang and Marla! You both are so busy but your efforts for your programs will show.

Have a nice weekend!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    Options
    First performance of the cantata went well. Only forgot one line! I think the worse part was the butterflies in my stomach gave me heartburn! So not fun to have when trying to perform! One more performance to go tomorrow night. I hope more people are out tomorrow. There wasn't that many out there tonight.

Now I need to get myself some supper. I've only had breakfast today. Been to busy.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Good Morning,

I started a post on my tablet yesterday and forgot to post it. Too busy I guess.

We had the parade yesterday, only 3 of us on the float and 4 people handing out candy to the kids. Not many pictures were taken by us so we are hoping some other people took some so we can put it in the club's Newsletter. There were 10 of us helping to decorate but not too many showed up to participate. We had fun anyway waving at the crowd and the little ones and telling them Santa is coming! I will try and post a picture if we can get someone to send us one. We had lunch afterwards made by the Commodore and his wife,
    burgers, peameal bacon on a bun, chili, and hot drinks. Then 4 of us went back and did the tear down of the float and put everything away.

Today I think I will tackle some wrapping of presents and see where I am with my list and if anything needs to be bought. I am going shopping with my friend Donna on Tuesday.

We got the final count on Christmas and there will be 12 of us. One of the nephews is not coming with their family. Their loss. Long story.

ANG - Woo Hoo, good performance but bad you were not feeling well. I hope next performance goes better and your stomach doesn't act up.

MARLA - I had a UTI in Toronto on our boat going every two minutes with pain. Up the whole night and crying. Motored back the next day and to the walk in clinic to see a doctor. I had blood in the urine but antibiotics did the trick. They are no fun. Drink your water as much as you can everyday. You have to flush out any bacteria. Hopefully you are done with it and it doesn't return. Also drink some cranberry juice on a daily basis and there are cranberry supplements to take too.

JENNY - You sound very busy too. This time of year is so hectic. With the parade done now I can concentrate on Christmas.

Hello to Amy and L hope all is going well. Keep in touch if you can. Just a line or two to say you are okay.

Shirley

37F cloudy, 10% chance of rain.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies , how I have missed y'all !
    I've been so dang busy with the end of the year testing , it's all I can do to hold onto my senses and not quit my job ! I emailed my boss and told her I needed help and even provided rosters to show her how busy I have been and the only support I got was an email in return saying how awesome I am and how much they appreciate my hard work? What ? I mean seriously a million dollar company and I am working literally an hour or more after closing time because there are still people in the waiting room after closing that I haven't gotten to yet - I get day rate so no OT for me.... what the heck ?
    -
    Anyhow I have like 10 minutes before my next scheduled person comes in and I can't believe I don't have anyone here for a drug test ( they are walk in)

Sorry to be so negative .... but I have 8 days left and I'm drained already lol . I get to check FB because I check it while the clients are in the audio booth hahaha - brings me away from work for a minute at a time . my mental breaks hahaha I am not even getting a lunch almost ever which makes me eat more at dinner .
    any how . hope to read everything soon .
    oh yea , camp email has been so slow I can't log on? it should be fixed by tomorrow though so then if I get off work at my regular time I can log in after work .