Please join us

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    It has been a difficult two weeks but now my friend Elli has been put to rest and we let white balloons go at the grave site. It was so emotional at the funeral and we were invited back to her sister's house for something to eat, just the family. They had a lovely buffet for the rest of the people at the funeral home after the service. My MIL and Kristina came to the funeral to support the family. Dave did the Eulogy and did a great job.

I have been going to Yoga classes the last two days with my daughter Kristina, the yoga
    instructor, and it was just what I needed. Trying to rid my body of the sadness that has looming for weeks now. She also paid for 20 more classes for me as my Christmas gift.
    She is so sweet to do that. :D Now I can go more than once a week. :D We had two different instructors and she really liked them both. She was very happy I was going to these classes.

Well next week I will be back to focusing on weight loss and my goal will be Christmas to at least get off what I have gained these last two weeks on eating comfort food to soothe my emotions. The next five days I will be detoxing with the Readers Digest/Digest Diet food plan. I have done this plan before and it has worked so I will give it a go again and try to increase my exercising. So I hope to see some results next Friday on weigh in day.

Today was my yoga class and Kristina and I went out for brunch after that. Dave stayed home to do some projects and watch the football game. He is a BILLS fan. He actually likes football and baseball better than hockey.

My daughter Kathy (who is pregnant) looks fantastic and she will go on Wednesday for her ultrasound to find out if its a boy or girl. I hope the baby is turned so they can see.
    Exciting times!

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,729 Member
    Options
    such exciting baby news Shirley - glad one of the hurdles of your week is over and you can now start to recuperate from that.

Jenny - wow snowstorm! it is just starting to turn colder but I don't see any snow forecasted yet

I think I am ordering new appliances today. YIKES!

Ang - do you eat lots of pumpkin things? or just planning to because you have it now?

feeling bleh and blah - glad my day is almost over - but nothing at home I want to eat and don't want to go to the store - blehblah!

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    Well we woke up to winterland! We probably have 8-10 inches and the wind is blowing the snow around. Our afternoon preschool classes were cancelled and I cancelled and rescheduled both of my home visit with kiddoes today. It was nice to not drive on these nasty roads. The snow is suppose to continue until tomorrow at noon. We'll see if it does. I tried out my new boots today. They are very warm and sturdy. I think they will be good on slippery surfaces. Deep snow will get in them because I bought mid calf height. I don't like to wear taller boots to visits if I don't have to. I have another pair for really bad deep snow but rarely wear them.

New appliances? Exciting Marla! What are you ordering?

Shirley- How are you and Dave doing? Exciting that you have the bright spot of a grandchild on the way to see you through these next months.

Hi Ang, Amy and L!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Evening,

Nothing exciting today, just cleaning, groceries and laundry. I hadn't cleaned my downstairs in two weeks or more. It really needed it since that is where we watch most of our TV and other things.

Got on the scale this morning after two weeks of eating ice cream and any crap food I shouldn't have. I have my work cut out for me. Started back to the Digest Diet meal plans today and the first 5 days is like a detox. I can feel it already. I should feel better in the next few days. The first few days are hardest to get your body back to eating less calories. There were some foods I didn't have in the house so I had to get groceries for the meal plans anyway.

Dave had a board meeting tonight at the sailing club so its just me and the TV. Can't wait to see The Black List its the last night until February. I should be good. :D

Dave and I are doing okay, thanks for asking. It was a very emotional time and lots of tears these past few days. Now to let the sadness go and get on with life again. We have
    asked Tom to go to the show with us on Friday night and I see his family is keeping him busy. He started back to work today.
    His daughter's went to his house to clear out Elli's clothes and take what they wanted. They
    will have a longer time for healing.

JENNY - I can't believe you have snow already. Wearing the boots is just too early around here yet. We had a high of 62F today but after tomorrow it will be dropping into the 30's and they are predicting some flurries but nothing major.

MARLA - New appliances, how exciting. How are doing getting back on track again?

Hi to Amy, L and Ang.

Shirley

• AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    So I made it home yesterday and I a had first class upgrade . It was nice . The husband picked me up at the airport and asked if I wanted to go eat or go home or go to the bar .hmmm So , we went to the bar hhaahaha at 2:30 pm . I don't like to dring in the daytime but oh well if he's going to force me ....so I dranka few Cheladas and we had a pretty great time just talking by our selves. He is so whitty . he cracks me up.

I was so looking forward to sleeping late till maybe 8 or 9 am hahah I woke up at 4:30 and tried to go back to sleep,finally gave up at 5am.

I have lots to do today since we leave at midninght to go to Louisiana . I can't wait.I actually bought my daughter a ticket from California where she is visiting her boyfriend to Louisiana so she could see her brother ( my oldest visiting from China) they havent seen each other in about 6 years .

Jenny I have heard of that Urban ventures organization I think they were in the news or something a few years back or maybe last year . great idea .
    Shirley ,nice of your daughter to get you more Yoga !! Take care and I too am glad you have the grandbaby to look forward to.

Anj, I love anything pumpkin-cookies,pie,tarts even just pumpkin alone. mmm I love it . even in coffee . it's silly I know but a tablesppon in a cup of coffee with cinnimon and spice. my favorite.

Marla, so exciting to get new appliances lucky you !

I will try to write while I am in Louisiana !
  • Shirley61
    Options
    3337625omm25011ch.gif
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Mizpaden - I have had pumpkin muffins and cookies thanks to my former roommate. Other then, I just want to experiment!

This morning I went to the local cenotaph for the Remembrance Day service. I thought I had picked the perfect spot. Then the veterans, RCMP, cadets and a bunch of others paraded in and lined up right in front of me! I couldn't see a thing! (Note to self: Next year line up along the side!!!!)

This afternoon I accomplished a lot. I finished doing up my pumpkin and then did some baking. I then worked on my "procrastination to-do list". You know those things you need to do but you keep putting off doing them? Well they got done! Most of them of them anyway. Wanted to do a couple other things, but I ran out of time in the day. I won't have time now to Saturday. Tomorrow I have church and Thursday night I am watching my nephews for the evening. :smile: (They need to do some Christmas shopping without the kids!)

Yesterday when I went into work I was in for a surprise! At first I thought they had cleaned the walls and doors as my door was spotless. (The bottom half had been covered in black marks.) Nope. They painted! (There was a only a faint smell of paint with the type they used.) Lawyer K with some helpers thoroughly cleaned the back two storage/file rooms and turned them into two offices for him and our newest lawyer (Lawyer D). Those two back rooms look fantastic! Can't say much for the garage area! It still needs a lot of work done to it. There are a lot changes happening at the office and it starting to happen fast! Hope I can keep up with it! I still can't get over the door having four lawyers names written on it now. I've had a couple people comment on it to me when they come in.

I haven't worked out since that one day last week. Friday I didn't have time. Saturday I did so much walking around I figured that was good! Sunday was another day where there really isn't time. Today I was the energizer bunny and didn't have time again! Then again I was constantly on the motion today (verses sitting at my desk all day) so I know I burned more calories today with everything I did then a normal day. I hope to get a workout in this week, but I just don't know. Tomorrow might be to late by the time I get home from church and Thursday it will depend on what time I get home from watching my nephews. Maybe I should start considering getting up an hour earlier to do it in the morning. Though I am not much of a morning person to do that!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I missed checking in yesterday. It is too busy of a week and I'm tired at the end of the day. The dog sat on my lap last night so I didn't get on the computer :)

It's hump day! I have a light day for home visits at work and get to see my two easiest students. Tonight I have knitting group out in the western suburbs and have to drop off a load of stuff at Goodwill. My car is packed! I have paperwork that needs to get done at work but not enough blocked off time to accomplish it. Ugh!

Shirley-glad you are getting back to normal. Good luck on your detox.

Amy- safe travels to LA. It will be nice for you to see your daughter and your son who lives in China. Are you going to LA for a long Thanksgiving vacation?

Ang- Sounds like your office is getting all spiffed up. Four permanent lawyers now? I forgot another one joined the firm. Nice that they all did the cleaning and painting and you got to be surprised. Congrats on your "to do" list. I hope it rubs off on me!

Hi L and Marla!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Good news today, my daughter had her ultrasound to see what the sex of the baby will be and she is having a BOY!! They changed her due to date now to April 6th. Our anniversary day. (Grandma doing the happy dance)

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    HAPPY STUFF GRAMMA - woot!!! :D
    - Winter arrived here - had to bust out long pants and winter gear. Brrrrrr

so not doing very well on eating or exercising yet - such a sloth

sounds like some good surprises for you to Ang -

hope you are getting around ok up there Jenny - be careful with that knee - getting close to your shots! Freakin' holidays are almost here!

Hi Amy!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Congratulations Shirley! Boys are a lot of fun!

Marla- winter has taken it's time finding Nebraska! Lucky you! Our snow isn't going anywhere and the roads are icy. Almost wiped out in a parking lot at work today. If that happens I'm packing up this career and moving on...

Crazy week and one more crazy day to go. So busy that I feel like I'm on a roller coaster I can't get off.

Tired and haven't been home long since I had book club tonight. I never finished the book so couldn't contribute much to the discussion but it was a good chat. I will finish it I just ran out of time.

Well off to bed. The weekend is almost here again...

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    they are calling for four inches overnight - makes me feel like baking! Mmmmmmbrownies....

Hope everyone has a great, relaxing weekend! WEEKEND!!!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Brownies!! so decadent. Feel like one now.

I just finished my 5 day detox today of protein shakes and soup. I did take off 2.2 lbs. :D
    Still a ways to go to get where I was. Now next week will be adding more food and two snacks, hope to see some more results.

Yesterday I went shopping with a friend and did get a few Christmas things. I bought some
    elf hats which we will be wearing to go Black Friday shopping in Michigan. Last year we had hats and glasses to wear. Yes I know we are nuts :p

It snowed most of the day while shopping but it did not stick. It was bone chilling cold and damp.

Today was Yoga in the morning, and boy is this old body getting flexible. Some of the postures are hard but you just move through them the best you can. I did stuff today I didn't know my body could do anymore. :o

After that I took my MIL to get rid of bags of things to St. Vincent Di Paul where they take old clothing and just about anything you want to give them. Then we had a nice lunch and she paid for my lunch for helping her. I just made another rung on the ladder. A family joke.

Tonight we are taking Elli's (who just passed away) husband to dinner and a movie. She was supposed to go with us but that never happened.

So enjoy your day at work ladies!!

Shirley

• jrbanta
    Options
    A very busy week has come to an end! Yay! I have things to get done this weekend too. I hope I get to help Jeff move in to his new house. In addition, paperwork, pay bills, etc. We are expecting very cold weather this next week, single digits and possibly below zero. It's too early! This is going the same path as last winter.

I almost fell on the ice twice in the last 24 hours. Some how I caught myself. I really think it was divine intervention that my almost fall today didn't take me down. I did pull many muscles trying to right myself. PT worked me hard after work so I imagine I will be doubly sore tomorrow.

What movie did you see Shirley?
    Marla- a care package of brownies this way would be yummy ;)

Hi Ang, Amy and L!

Jenny
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Busy weekend. Yesterday we helped Jeff move the last of his stuff from his apartment and our basement. I stayed at his house for the day and painted cabinets. Waiting for a call from him this morning to go back and paint the linen closet and kitchen cabinet doors today. This house is really a fixer upper! It will be so cute when they get some of the things done that he wants to change/fix. For now, overwhelming!

Very cold here. The dogs want to go out and as soon as I open the door and they feel the cold and wind they turn around and run away from the door. Maggie has managed to find a sun spot to lay in for awhile. Winter is definitely here to stay.

Russ ordered our free range turkey yesterday. We get them from this nice grocery store a couple of suburbs over. We've ordered them for years and they are wonderful. The turkeys aren't kept in dark cages with hundreds of others but allowed to roam the yard, are antibiotic free, and eat more naturally.

Getting more quiet on this thread so I assume life is busy for all. Have a nice day!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    alas no brownies warmed my oven or tummy - but they sure do still sound good

not sure on the tally of the snow - but it really got slick - not fun driving -

last week before Thanksgiving and then boom it will be Cmas - short year this year b/c Thanksgiving is so late - feeling overwhelmed already and nothing has even started!

Glad you didn't fall Jenny - yay! I think free range turkey would be great - don't have the option here unless we 'free range' it ourselves. ;>) That's really great that you are able to help out getting Jeff's house started. I bet he appreciates it.

Good you could take Elli's hubs out this weekend. Hope you found comfort and peace in what as probably quite hard to do. Hugs! Great job detoxing.

I made a very small step back in the right direction with some exercising - but I have lost much ground and really struggling - please don't let me use this as an excuse to give up!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    What a busy morning it has been! I've attacked the stuff on my desk and got a lot done. Hope I can get the flow of getting work done this afternoon. I always seem to loose my drive in the afternoon.

I had a nice relaxing weekend. Saw my first snow of the season. It was sticking early in the day on Friday where I live, but not where I work. It was gone by the time I got home from work though, as it had changed to rain. Saturday there was a very fine (very fine) snow fall almost all day, but none of it stuck. It was certainly cold enough! I was very glad Tim Hortons is beside my church. I had to walk to play practice (30 minute walk) and I was half frozen by the time I got there! I needed that hot chocolate to warm me up!

I finally got my outfit for the play I am in. I got a new-to-me skirt and blouse for $0.99 each! The scarf I plan on wearing is one my free ones from the BOGO sale I got a couple of weeks ago. So that means I paid $2 for my outfit for the cantata! Can't beat that price to easy!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    A dreary day, half raining and half wet snow. I got to Yoga class this morning and delivered my shoe box. I was stiff this morning probably due to the weather.
    We worked on the upper body; neck, shoulders and waist and a little leg work.
    I stayed after class for an additional 10 min of meditation. I haven't done that
    in a long time. It felt good to just be in the moment.

I tried to call my friend's sister today to see if she wants to go for coffee but no one
    was home so I will try later. I called one of Elli's daughters and talked to her for a while.
    She was pretty good but said her sister isn't doing very well (the nurse). So I will
    give her call some time to talk to her. It all takes time and healing.

We had my MIL over for Chinese dinner last night since we won't see her for a while.
    Things are getting busy. We have the Christmas float meeting on Saturday already.
    Our theme this year will be the 50th anniversary of the sailing club which was 1964.
    Our last year for doing this since Dave will have a different position on the board next year. He will be in charge of membership.

JENNY - two falls already, please be careful, how are the knees doing?
    I will be in the same place as you when my daughter Kathy moves at the end of
    January. Busy times. No painting or fixing up, this place doesn't need it. They
    do have some big project with the kitchen eventually. I don't think they will have time
    after that baby arrives. LOL :D The movie we saw was Dumb and Dumber 2. The show was packed, I couldn't believe it. This Friday will be the Hunger Games, Mocking Jay Part 1.

MARLA - I know what you mean about Christmas. Creeping up fast. I have bought a few
    items already but still need to get more. Next week is the Michigan Black Friday trip so I hope to get more done then. I also have to order online baby things for Kathy for Christmas too. I hope my money tree grows some bill soon. :p

ANG - Nice job on the costume, saving some money is always good.

Shirley

Wet snow/rain 35F
  • Shirley61
    edited November 2014
    Options
    2678488yo5ham4997.gif

My husband brought me flowers today, just because.

We had our snow fall today, some got it worst than us. 25F right now but the sun is out.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Tired. Just checking in to say hi. Wednesday already tomorrow, wow!\
    Nice job Dave! Flowers are always a day brightener :)<3

Have a nice Hump Day!

Jenny