Please join us

Options

Replies

• angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    What a great day today! :) I so love working and teaching the children in my church. This month I've had my Sunday School class (Grades 4-6) and also Junior Church (Ages 4-5). I so enjoy watching them learn. Also at church my friend who hasn't been out in so long was out for both services. It was so great to see him! He thanked me for being a friend and being one of the only ones to reach out to him. I gave him a hug and told him I hoped to see him more often.

For lunch today one of the church families had me over for dinner. She made a ham, potato scallop (with cheese) and broccoli with her homemade cheese sauce over it. Oh my! I took had to take seconds on the scallop and potato!! (Would have on the broccoli but it was all gone.) It was soooooooooooooooooooooo good!! They sent me home with some of the left over ham and scallop. Yummy!!! I honestly think it was a lot more calories then what MFP is telling me! :p I'm still full from it though and don't feel like having supper at all. It's late right now (9:30) and I'm not forcing myself to eat any more.

Need to get to bed early tonight. I'm determined to be up on time every day this week before work to have breakfast! At home that is. Not as I'm running out the door and not at Tim Hortons! (Besides I have no money for Tim Horton's right now!)
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    made it through the weekend intact and mostly sane - as much as I ever am. Tired - but I think Zach enjoyed everything and while I wish I could say that's all that matters - Caleb was very fussy Friday night because understandably Zach didn't want him hanging around and I told him it's ok this time for Zach to have his time alone - I had dvd's for him and me to watch but it still wasn't enough - he cried and I finally snapped and said well that's just something else I did wrong today (because work sucked) I should have done more to for you Caleb. I know - sucky mom award there - I know he was feeling sad and left out - and nothing I could do or say would change that - but I also was not going to insist that the boys let him join - that would have been not fair to Zach and it would have been worse likely for Caleb probably then to be the brunt of teasing by wound up fourteen year olds.

Anywho - 1T412 was awesome Saturday night - still so freakin' proud of what they are doing and teary watch them lead and perform.

L - I think the idea for the ring is awesome - and I bet son will think so too - great memory. Stinks you are still traveling so much. Yuck.

Shirley - I love having breakfast! Mmmmm pancakes.

Jenny - I am sorry to see your knee is still so painful - hoping you can find relief temporarily until you can get your shots and that they will bring longer term relief.

Ang - sounds like a great Sunday - my boys hate scalloped potatoes and I don't understand why - I suppose like me they will continue to be pretty picky until they go away and discover the un-joys of cafeteria food and the joys of decent home food. I never appreciated home cooking until I went to college.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,279 Member
    Options
    I called the doctor today and got an appointment at 3pm. They gave me a cortisone shot in each knee in the bursa sacks. I will go in over Thanksgiving to get shots in the knees directly. Hopefully they help. Most of the pain is around but not in the knees so they still stand by their initial diagnostic that there is nothing torn.

Marla- I'm glad Zach's sleep over went well. Always hard for the younger sibling when they want to be big and included. Don't beat yourself up. You got movies for you and Caleb but he was just too sad to appreciate your efforts.

Ang- I love scalloped potatoes. I can never eat just one helping :) Glad your friend came back to church.

Shirley- What kind of restaurant went in down the street? We are having warmer weather. I hope it lasts until Thanksgiving.

Amy- I love the head bands you are knitting and posting on FB. Where is your pattern from?

Hi L!

Have a nice evening,
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    bleh
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I had my doctor apt check up today and I wanted to get my pap test done next month because it has been 2 years since my last one. My doctor told me they are doing them every 3 years now. I Just love our health care government system (sarcasm) So my doctor asks me why I thought I needed it. I just said for peace of mind.

I went to visit my friend Elli in the hospital today and she is not doing well. They will be shipping her out from Palliative care at the Urgent care and taking her to Niagara Falls hospital for a cat scan to see if the cancer has spread. This is all too sad today. :( We are supposed to go to the cottage and close it up for winter this weekend but we will have to see how she is doing, we may not be going. Tom has asked my husband if he will do the Eulogy when the time comes and I said yes.

JENNY - I hope the shots bring you some relief today. <3

MARLA - Yaay, you made it through the weekend and you are still sane. :D

ANG - Nice that you enjoy your church so much and your friend came back.
    I love scalloped potatoes too and have not made them in ages just too many calories.

Hi L and Amy !!

Shirley
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good evening Ladies !
    I love reading these hahaha you guys crack me up .

So I'll start off by saying I am a computer jinx. Lol Saturday morning the work internet would not work - I called the local internet company up here and they came and tried to fix it but they cannot figure out how they have us set up because evidently we are supposed to use a password every time we sing in to the internet and when they were here as well as for the last three years - you just go straight to the internet . They about lost their minds . So now they are trying to set it up and it is now Tuesday I have a very slow internet right now and they say they don't know why they can't speed it up but I think it's because they haven't been tracking our usage ( gasp ) for three years hahaha. Anyhow my internet is too slow to connect to the VPN to even see my schedule ! So I am working blind ! but it's all going to be ok I guess hahaha. no wifi though that's the worst part because I have been on my cell phone using data ( gasp )
    -
    -
    - Jenny I had gotten a free pattern off of the internet but realized I liked it a little wider and just did it my way after the first one . I need to take a picture and show you guys all the hats and bands as well as the beards - yes beards lol . I made pink ones for my neices and brown ones for my nephews . I love them , may make one for myself .
    - I am sorry to hear about your knee pain that blows for sure . no MRI huh? I guess they think they have xray vision ? oh well ,what are you gonna do ? They are the professionals.

L , thats a great idea for the ring I'm sure he will love it . I can't believe you travel so much and I'm jealous of your weather. Its coooold up here. I loved your pictures of the dog , she's so beautiful !

Anj I'd love to visit your area it's beautiful there . Even if it's rainy . I love thrift store bargains too good finds . oh and scalloped potatoes are my favorite .Nice of your friends to invite you over . I love going to friends for dinner .

Marla , I felt so sad for you about Caleb - I remember several of those kinds of tragedies in my family ( mostly between me and my older sister hahaha) my boys were kind of close as they got older and the only thing I remember was when my younger son had friends over when he was around 14 he didn't want his 18 year old brother around hahaha and my oldest son said it hurt his feelings because the younger one always thought he was so cool growing up ha. But you know what I'm sure it was fine and you did the right thing ,even if he felt hurt . The brother gets to feel special at least once a year .

Shirley , ahh, your friend . sigh . What can you say in this situation ? She's got a great husband and great friends and I hope to have the same when it's my turn .

well gotta go I have a client coming in

Night ,

AMy
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    I forgot to add that I have had two days of not cheating on my diet - and I've exercised too. Yay me . I feel great so far on day 3 . Which leads me to the question, if I feel so good when I'm not overeating or eating Carbs and sweets , then why do I eat them and or eat too much?.

The good thing about slow internet up here is that I do the work but I don't have to enter any of it into our computer program becasue it is to slow to connect to our Anchorage program . So someone in Anchorage is entering it after I email it to them which litterally takes over an hour for the email to go through.

Well yall have a great day!
    Amy
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Amy - you like Jenny are very talented with the yarn - I'm glad you are off to a new start and feeling good with your choices - I can't ever say that I enjoy eating well - I enjoy the results - but frankly being hungry makes me fussy (and yes I'm always hungry if I am losing weight)
    - Shirley - so sorry to hear about your friends decline - but as Amy said so glad her family and she has you - I'm just sure that brings a big measure of peace
    - Jenny - hope the knee is feeling better

the cooler weather is coming in - it was almost 80 last week and the cooler air is coming in with the winds - not looking forward to snow and ice - but frankly I love the bit of bite

my home computer turned into a big black brick last night - I am just over all the crap it is doing - I am ready to junk it. I am going to watch the ads for a new system and basically cross my fingers that starting over will wipe the slate of all these corruption issues I keep having

WAVES at everyone else!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    It's been 48 hours since my shots. I think I will feel some results. I had a light day at my desk at work but there were some moments where my pain level was a 1. It's been greater than 6 for so long. It was so nice to feel semi human and be able to move about. Of course now I have my knee elevated because it is aching.

I'm making a pumpkin dip to serve with ginger snaps and graham crackers for treat day tomorrow. We celebrate birthdays for staff once a month. Everyone brings treats and it's available at lunch and afternoon. I went with the Fall/Halloween theme :) I've never made this dip so we'll see if it's any good.

Ever since Digger, foster dog, left...Maggie and Charlie are really interested in "hunting" our cat. It's not a good situation. The cat is nervous and cantankerous, hiding, hissing, and actually peed on the floor in front of me the other day. Not sure what to do about this. Any suggestions?

Cooler here and wearing my wool pea coat now. I actually took gloves this morning but didn't end up wearing them.

Amy- great job on exercise and healthy eating. WTG! I loved your head band. Post pictures and if you have a basic pattern you could explain for the one you were wearing, I would love it.

Marla- Winter will be upon us sooner than later. I really want a shorter winter than the last one. Has Caleb recovered from being left out of the sleep over?

Shirley- I'm so sorry about your friend. You and Dave have been wonderful and she is probably so grateful she's had friends like both of you. Her husband will need to lean on you I'm sure.

Ang- Are you still running?

Hi L!

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hello Friends,

Well my friend's illness is not good. She has done a down turn and they didn't send her
    out for another scan they got the results of the first scan and it wasn't good.
    Her husband came over last night and asked if Dave would do the Eulogy and of course he said he would. <3

We are still planning on going up to the cottage this weekend to close it up and bring some more stuff back for my MIL. She gave me a list of things she wants brought back and we are also bringing back a desk for my daughter Kathy which she wanted. I think the car will be filled.

It will be tough the next few weeks. I went to my Yoga Class this morning and was tearing up on the way to the class but did pull myself together by the time I got there. I visited my MIL after that and then went home had some lunch and went out to a Mall to try and find some Yoga blocks to use at home but no luck.

Sorry no comments tonight but tomorrow is another day.

Enjoy the evening!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
    50F and rain. They are talking snow on Halloween. EEEEK!!!

• angf0679
    Options
    J - No I'm not. Not right now. :( All I have for running is shorts. To cold for shorts!! Hope to get some pants in the next couple of weeks and I will get back at it. I will need to change my running route to stay on main roads as it's dark by 7 now.

Well I still hadn't heard a thing about the CT scan I was supposed to get regarding the spot on my neck. This week I got around to calling my ENT again and this time they actually called me back. Apparently the hospital had send me a questionable type thing I needed to answer before they could do the CT scan due to the dye they have to use. I did it over the phone with the receptionist and she said she should get back to me soon with the date.

This week has been so busy at work. I worked late yesterday and every other day I come home and I just don't feel like doing anything. Including working out. I"ve been craving chocolate all week. I can't satisfy it as I don't have any! Which can actually be a good thing!

I hope tomorrow I get myself up on time to eat breakfast before leaving for work. I really need to be eating a good breakfast to start my day! My day always goes better when I do.
  • lcrockett
    lcrockett Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies. I'm still trying to catch up with everyone's posts. I wish I could see them on my phone.

We are in a beautiful weather pattern. Too bad I can't do my work outside on these days. BUT the rental I had earlier this week was a convertible. I drove with the top down all the way home from New Orleans. I got lucky that Enterprise was out of the economy cars and was able to upgrade!!

Not much to report on my end. Busy plugging away with work. I'm almost sad to say that I'm not busy with my kids. They have grown to the point that they really do not "need" me. They are able to come and go and get themselves to appointments, practices, etc. without me. Granted, they still love the home cooked meals and a full pantry!

Shirley, you, your friend, and her family are in my prayers.

Jenny, I am so sorry you are still having so much trouble with your knee. Fingers crossed the shots work.

Marla, Amy, and Ang - HI!!

Got to get back to work...
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    how was the dip Jenny? I'm not a big pumpkin fan - but that sounds pretty good - of course gingersnaps are yum. Also glad to hear your pain level is better. Fingers crossed it stays down!

Shirley - :<( and hugs! You are a dear!

Ang - bizy as usual - rahr!

Zach unearthed a Halloween invitation from his bag that had been in there for over a week. Urgh. The rsvp was past, but my main grumble is - what am I supposed to dress you in on a days notice? Ugh. Come on pinterest. Plus they have a food day tomorrow and he signed up for that velveeta dip - well at least I got a day's notice on that one.

oh and about your stressed out cat - no real advice - try trolling a site called cat faeries ( i think) I went there before when I was trying to integrate new animals - they also have herbal remedies you can try - I did and I don't know if they helped or it was just time elapsing and them getting over it - my long haired princess somehow has gotten a nasty bit of matting (with pooooooo) going on. And she is not appreciative of my attempts to remove it - well I'm not appreciative of poo - so she is quarantined until either she gets it out or lets me - I'm close to dropping her in a bath - not that I could actually 'bathe' her - but maybe getting her wet all over would break it free - it should be exciting
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    Good Morning everyone ,

I am so appreciative of the ability to use my work computer normally again . Lol Looks like I shared a little bit of my bad luck with Marla ...sorry.

Anj, I had forgotten about your neck issue , I hope you can make sure it's nothing very soon . I know I would be uber stressed out too.

OOOHHH Jenny I luve almost anything pumpkin ! Wish I was there however, I'd only be able to eat a few so maybe not hahaha. Ilove gingersnaps also .mmm.
    I'm going to make a head band today and try to write down a general pattern . Mostly I'm doing a double crachet and increasing on each row on each side until I get it as wide as I like then I don't increase for as long as I want then decrease down the other side ...hahha no idea how many rows or anything but I'll try and count them off. the flower is from a pattern I'll take a picture of that part :)

I'm really enjoying making them. you guys should give me your address and tell me your favorite color

L , I know how that feels about the kids getting older . sigh , we all go through it .:(

Marla , your son is so funny , my daughter always did that to me .

Shirley , how is your MIL's health? and your Husbands cold, ? He's probably better by now .

Oh I thought I'd add . hehehe my husband has been texting me nice things how much he misses me and so on, I'm sure he feels bad about the biscuit thing .hahaha
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    TGIF!!
  • Shirley61
    edited October 2014
    Options
    644247fbtr1cnri4.gif

HAPPY HALLOWEEN MY FRIENDS !

No time to read posts today but will have to catch up later.

L- Nice to hear from you
    Jenny - The dip sounds interesting. Can you post the recipe or message me?
    Ang - A craving for chocolate, right up my alley. I hope you get your apt soon for the CT scan. Not knowing is stressful.
    Marla - Back to normal after the sleepover. Now you can breathe (a bit) LOL
    AMY - Glad you got the computer up and running again. We miss your stories.

I will be leaving tomorrow for the weekend to our family cottage. We will be closing it for the winter. It's snowing up there so I have to take my boots. :s

Enjoy the treat or treaters and don't eat too much candy. :p

Shirley >:)
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Here is the recipe...

Creamy Pumpkin Dip
    1-8oz. package spreadable cream cheese, room temperature
    1 c. pumpkin pie filling
    1 t. cinnamon
    1/2 t. ground ginger
    1/2 t. vanilla
    1/4 c. sour cream

1. Cream together cream cheese and pie filling until smooth. Stir in cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, and sour cream. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
    2. Serve with graham crackers, ginger snaps, cinnamon cookies or fruit such as apples and pears.

**If using plain pumpkin puree ADD: 1/2 t. cinnamon, 1/4 t. ground ginger, 1/8 t. ground cloves, 1/8 t. ground nutmeg OR 1 t. pumpkin pie spice. PLUS: 3/4 c. icing sugar ( I used white granulated sugar)

Shirley- I'm sorry your friend is failing so fast. How is her husband handling it all? It must be so hard. It was cold here tonight for Halloween (low 30's) but no snow luckily.

L- I love convertibles! What a nice way to travel while you work when the your weather is warm and sunny. All of us northerners are dreading the arrival of snow as our temperatures plummet. I remember when my kids didn't seem to need me much. Only when they wanted money, clothes, etc. LOL! I do love how independent and self-sufficient they are as young men. It's a great stage to watch your children become adults.

Marla- Sounds familiar! I remember many a night at 10pm. "Mom, I forgot to tell you that I need poster board for a project due tomorrow morning." Seriously? As for a Halloween costume, that would be up to them to figure out. Never was a strength of mine to put costumes together.

Ang- I forgot you were getting a CT scan too. I hope you get it scheduled and have informative and negative results that mean good news. Praying for a great outcome on your results.

Amy- I tried to crochet but basically couldn't catch on. They recommended a yarn at my first class that was too hard to crochet with. I gave up and never tried again. I'll stick to knitting. However, if you are making headbands I'd love one sometime. I like several colors,
    brown, royal blue, red, ivory, etc. If you ever have one in one of those colors my address is

Jenny Banta
    95 116th Avenue NW
    Coon Rapids, MN 55448

I really should do some serious knitting this winter...

Well Russ and I went on our Halloween date. We saw the movie St. Vincent with Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy. Eccentric movie but was pretty good. Made me laugh and cry. We went out for dinner and I had parmesan crusted tilapia, asparagus, and small red potatoes w/ a glass of wine.

Well tomorrow I need to finish cleaning Rory's room. David will be home tomorrow eve and I'm going to have him sleep in Rory's room since he is at college. That way he can have his own bathroom and not be next door to us upstairs.

Well time to wrap up. My knee is doing pretty well. No pain in the right knee at all and the left was better today. I still have to take ibuprofen but I do feel relief. Hopefully the shots kick in a little more and take all the pain away.

Have a good sleep,
    Jenny

• mizpaden74
    Options
    SO glad it sounds like things are going better pain wise with the knee Jenny. Enjoy having David home. Last night was kind of crazy for me with trick or treaters - in all the years we have lived here we only have had a few each year - with me buying candy just in case and then we of course eat it! Last night I almost ran out of candy and I had four bags! Zach kept telling me, Mom I'm out of candy - yikes! Fortunately I found a big tub of suckers I had forgotten about. I told Zach he should consider dressing up at Sheldon (big bang theory) - he loves science, he loves the show and kind of looks like him too - easy to dress - I think. We'll see. Today should be pretty calm. I am at work for an hour, boys have their ball session with the 'shot doctor' (seriously the guy is 85 if a day, but he is frickin' amazing, I hope I am doing half as well at that age), tomorrow we all sing at different services so it will be a long morning but fun.

Have a great weekend!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    First time I've been shopping since my knee injury. I was able to go to Costco and
    Target to get things I needed. It has been a long time. Now I'm icing to be pro-active rather than reactive to pain later.

Laundry, changing sheets on beds, vacuuming Rory's room so David can sleep there and have privacy, and cleaning bathrooms. Fun filled day!

Marla- it is so unpredictable each Halloween how much candy is enough. Some years we had close to 100 and others less than 20. It seems fewer kids are running around our neighborhood every year. I don't know where they go but they don't stay here.

I love Big Bang Theory too. Funny show!

Well I'm relaxing now. Russ will be home soon from a seminar that he attended. David is flying in but having Jeff pick him up and spending the evening and over night with Jeff. They could be going out with their Dad and step mom tonight too, not sure. We are having Jeff's birthday dinner tomorrow eve. I'll see David tomorrow...

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    Options
    I did NOT see what was falling outside!!!! :( Just thankful the ground isn't cold enough for it to stay!!

So I resolved not to eat any more candies. Then lawyer brings in left over Halloween candy. Really yummy left out Halloween candy......Well at least there was no chocolates among them!

Jenny - Glad to hear your kneed seems to be doing better.

Mizpaden - I don't get trick-or-treaters (plus I wasn't even home) but my brother had a record low of only 10.

Amy - Have fun being crafty! I need to get crafty and start making my Christmas cards! Need to come up with a design first.