February Chat

Options

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Love the cartoon; that is SO me.

Nothing good to report. I'm sure you've experienced this; gone up 4 lbs in like.. 3 days?
    Impossible.

Although it might be that I'm still toting 4 lbs of (sorry) phlegm around.

>:)

Still on the mend; I haven't gotten back to doing much exercise. I'm trying to get completely over this crud.
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your posts about retirement sounded so "close to home" for me and so I had to count days too......95 days until I could say adios. Whew that actually is becoming a reality - hooray!

Looking forward to downsizing some and being in warmer areas. Lots of choices & decisions we are slowly working on now. Some are such an "adventure " (where do we want to travel to ) and others little scary (do we sell this house?). I trust it will all work out and am REALLY looking forward to retiring.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I go to the doctor tomorrow for blood work for my thyroid and also for a biometric screening that is required for work with the wellness challenge I am doing.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    All our friends here are rooting for you!!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

animated-valentines-day-image-0005.gifanimated-valentines-day-image-0005.gifanimated-valentines-day-image-0005.gifanimated-valentines-day-image-0005.gif
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Like the heart graphics Charlie
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good luck, Joni, let us know how you made out!

Meanwhile as for me, I went "nuts with nuts" last night ... I was starving all day because, I believe, I had so much exercise early in the day. Then along came several nail-bitten hours trying to bring my laptop back from the edge of crashing... I succeeded... But between anxiety (need to crunch) and being starved, I ending up eating back almost all the calories I burned yesterday. My worst day on MFP so far!

However, the good news is that my total carbs for the day were still under goal ... which is very, very important for me so... Dusted myself off this morning and started over. And at least I weighed my overindulgence. That is a behavior I never would have done before. Even my binges have improved! AKA "I love my digital food scale."
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you Charlie, Happy Valentines Day everyone!. Went to the doctor today to get blood work done for Thyroid, Vitamin D and B12, as well as for a Biometric Screening for a Wellness Program I am doing at work. I was really nervous about the scale, I always weigh more at the doctor. But as Wooken said the other day "the good news is my scale was the same as the doctor's". I did my exercises today, but other than that have taken it easy!!! Nice to have the day off. Only 20 months till I retire.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well done, learn and mxchana (I must catch my nicknames to real names chart up again, sorry :blush )! And a happy Valentines Day to everyone :heart:

I was digging around in my closet today to see if I had ANYTHING that would do for a wedding I can't get out of (no luck - everything is several sizes too big and I pretty much lived in jeans and shorts for years), but just for giggles I tried on the dress I wore when Rick and I got married 12.5 years ago. Holy Toledo - it fit! happy-144.gif
    - marilyn (aka ker)
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Marilyn, how exciting! What a great feeling that must be. I have actually been toying with the idea of trying on my wedding dress tomorrow... I think I am close to the weight I was when we got married. I can give it a try and if it fits, I'll show it off. If I still have a ways to go ... well his birthday is in a month :)
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    @learntolive: Is your biometric screening for your wellness program awarded with a Visa Card? Ours is! $100! I am almost done except the biometric screen (they did them at work, but I was off then.) I see the doctor on Monday for mine! As part of our program, I also have a wellness phone coach and we work on stress relief. Is this like yours? The chair exercise and meditation classes I went to this week are also part of the program. We have all sorts of things.

The funny thing is that wellness program statistically don't work, but I like the convenience for classes and lab work and the $$$$. Did it last year, too! Have fun with your program.
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    WooHoo, Marilyn. That's so cool that you fit in your wedding dress. Now, I hope, you're going to go get a dress for that wedding that shows off your weight-loss accomplishment. You deserve it.

<3<3 Happy Valentine's Day Everyone <3<3
  • redzz16
    redzz16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone! It's pretty cold here, and I'm watching my grandbabies today so their parents can all have a nice evening out. My Valentine is working so we'll celebrate after he gets home. It was a good week, but the scale didn't move.... better luck this week!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    ker95texas wrote: »
    Well done, learn and mxchana (I must catch my nicknames to real names chart up again, sorry :blush )! And a happy Valentines Day to everyone :heart:

I was digging around in my closet today to see if I had ANYTHING that would do for a wedding I can't get out of (no luck - everything is several sizes too big and I pretty much lived in jeans and shorts for years), but just for giggles I tried on the dress I wore when Rick and I got married 12.5 years ago. Holy Toledo - it fit! happy-144.gif
    - marilyn (aka ker)

Great non-scale related victory.
  • ker95texas
    Options
    Thank you. I have mixed feelings about shopping for a new fancier outfit (it's been a LONG time), and since I have forgotten how to put panty hose on (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it), I'll probably go with something with pants. If my podiatrist didn't hunt me down and kill me for wearing heels first, I'd probably shoot myself after two hours anyway LOL
  • ker95texas
    Options
    Everyone remember Rebamae? She's been MIA WAY too long, and I was thinking... many of us are her friends so let's send her messages (via the message or to her profile page) telling her we miss her. Maybe she'll come out to play again
    ✍(◔◡◔)
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @ker95Marilyn, huge congratulations on your success.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Ker, what a great NSV!
  • redzz16
    redzz16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't the best day of choices, but today will be better. We got a bit of snow last night. (just enough to look really pretty but not stop traffic) The sunshine on the snow is just beautiful, but it's too cold to go out. Off to a better week!
  • ker95texas
    Options
    (((((((((Jo))))))))) So glad to see you poke your head in here. There are some days in all our lives where we should just accept going in that it may not be perfect - holidays, including Valentine's Day can be on that list :)