Did you run today?

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    5 miles on the track yesterday (70 laps), followed by a killer 1 hour spin class.

Today I rest.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    As much as I hate running those laps, I feel so blessed to have access to a gym for times like these when conditions prevent outside running. I'll be back in the gym today for another 5 miles. I'm scheduled for my first 10 mile run on Saturday, when there is a 90% chance of rain. I can handle running in the rain, or the cold, but not COLD RAIN. Although, I really can't imagine making it 140 laps!

Hope the weather forecast is looking up!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Rest Day...Maybe some Yoga...21k training run tomorrow 8) deciding if I should go hard and beat last weeks time or ease back a bit.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    21k 2:03:30. A tad slower than last week, but had earphone problems and had to switch while running 8)
  • poke987
    Options
    Rest day yesterday, then I switched to cross train today. 60 mins elliptical, not too terribly exciting, but done! Tomorrow's high for the day says 40! Should be a much nicer day to run than today, so I'm sure I'll be happy I switched.
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    21k 2:03:30. A tad slower than last week, but had earphone problems and had to switch while running 8)

Great job! That's an impressive time in my book still
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    5 miles yesterday, 7 today
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Yoga and X-training day, but the legs feel good. May do a 5k run 8)
  • simonwarren777
    simonwarren777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    15k for me today in some pretty sloppy conditions - big snowfall yesterday.
    It was easier running on the frozen canal (giant skating rink) than the sidewalks because of the slush.
    Picked the wrong gloves and hands were completely numb by the end.

Also had a rental treadmill delivered yesterday for 3 months, but still hoping to get outside a lot.

Simon
  • poke987
    Options

Also had a rental treadmill delivered yesterday for 3 months, but still hoping to get outside a lot.

Simon

What an interesting idea. I should look into this. I know I'd never use one enough to warrent the expense... but this winter has been brutal, and plenty of day it has been impossible to be outside.
  • FireStorm1972
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I picked up a used Treadmill for $100 and its still going after Heavy use. Best $100 ever spent. I've been looking at $1500+ ones though >:)
  • poke987
    Options
    4.07 in 49.49, ran with my buddy for the first time this week. Felt good!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    pimpin_po wrote: »

Great job! That's an impressive time in my book still

Very impressive!
  • Just_Ceci
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I ran my first 10 miler on Saturday, even got to do it outside. It was cold, but I ended up stopping in the middle to take off a layer of clothes (even the gloves!) I really don't like being cold, so I always seem to over dress! The paths I ran were wet in spots, but fairly clear of ice and snow. I did have to detour around a couple of tunnels that were flooded. Finished the run in 1:45:26. I'm happy with that, puts me good shape to finish my half in under 2:30:00. My heart and lungs are doing great- no heavy breathing, no racing heart. My legs are another issue! They were screaming by the end and sore on Sunday.

ETA: My Sunday run was even colder, but only consisted of 2 miles around my neighborhood. The snow returned in the afternoon and temp dropped even more, so glad I got that one out of the way early!
  • simonwarren777
    simonwarren777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What is this "wet" you talk of?
    Haven't seen above freezing since before Christmas :(
    Minus twentysomething again today....

C'mon spring!
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    9 miles today in 1hr 43. Feel like I am getting worse, not better. I have struggled a bit this week but hopefully I can sort my head out and get back in the game
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    What is this "wet" you talk of?
    Haven't seen above freezing since before Christmas :(
    Minus twentysomething again today....

C'mon spring!
    vc8mfo9lbxwr.gif
    9 miles today in 1hr 43. Feel like I am getting worse, not better. I have struggled a bit this week but hopefully I can sort my head out and get back in the game

Hang in there!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Cross Training Day
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Wow, that is a great time!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    5k and weights tonight.