What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    Nice choice! I like Ian McEwen's writing. Have you read any of his other books?

Sure I've read Atonement. I tried really hard to read On Chesil Beach but gave up about a third of the way through because nothing was happening, and I do mean NOTHING.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I liked Atonement, as well as Saturday. I haven't read any of his others.

I finished Amnesia Moon by Jonathan Lethem today. Very trippy; I liked it.
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Parasite by Mira Grant. I just finished Feed (also by Mira Grant). I just discovered this writer and I am really loving her.
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The Casual Vacancy ... bit of a slow start to the book, but anxious to see where the story goes.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    I started The Door by Magda Szabo. I'm only a couple of chapters into it and am finding it very intriguing.
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Never Sky series, halfway through part 2. Unexpectedly good and well-written.
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    @oORosadaOo I recently finished Into the Still Blue! I think these are my favorite of the recent crop of dystopias.

I'm close to done with a re-read of Sherry Tepper's juveniles: King's Blood Four, Necromancer Nine, and Wizard's Eleven. I was all set to hand them to my fantasy-mad 11 year old, except there's one scene at the beginning of Necromancer Nine that I am hesitating about.

Next up in print is Spare Parts

I'm between audiobooks right now. Started 3 things, but didn't get hooked by any of them.
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Arianera wrote: »
    @oORosadaOo I recently finished Into the Still Blue! I think these are my favorite of the recent crop of dystopias.

Today at lunch I finished it too. Awesome books!
    Couldn't wait for Sable to get what he deserved!

Now I'm starting Invaded by Melissa Landers. I enjoyed the first part very much. :smile:

• PaytraB
    Options
    I finished The Door by Magda Szabo and highly recommend it. I looked for her other books but very few have been translated to English and the ones that have been are very expensive. Sigh......

Tonight I started A Morbid Taste For Bones by Ellis Peters. So far, I'm enjoying it (about 50 pages in).
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just finished Deeply Odd by Dean Koontz Which was a great addition to the Odd Thomas series. He is such an interesting character and way of expression.
    I like Dean Koontz and I think these is his best series of books. Odd is a great character!
  • amyashworth98
    amyashworth98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading More Than Charming by JoMarie DeGioia. It is the fourth in the series and I LOVE IT. Highly recommended for those who love historical romance and have an iPad as it is iBook.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    The Casual Vacancy ... bit of a slow start to the book, but anxious to see where the story goes.

I found it quite bleak and depressing and I know what you mean by a slow starter. Left me feeling quite morose at the end, but maybe that's what she was going for.
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Half way through Not A Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis. So far it's keeping my interest.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Just finished Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwen. A story that turns back on itself in true McEwen style- very compelling and recommended.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Fell for the hype and I'm now listening to Wreckage by Emily Bleeker. I hope it gets better because lets just say the suspense ISN'T killing me.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    I like Ian McEwen's books and will look for Sweet Tooth. Thanks!

I just started Peace Like A River by Leif Enger, It starts out well.
  • englishmermaid
    englishmermaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The Fortune Tellers Daughter,mom really liking it, and the main woman isn't skinny lol
  • englishmermaid
    englishmermaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Gah how do I edit a typo?
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Gah how do I edit a typo?