• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Currently reading:

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice;
    Strings by Kendall Grey;
    Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon;
    The Keeping by Nicky Charles

Edit: I'm also studying to take the GRE - not sure if the "verbal" section counts as "Reading" haha! But it definitely takes up a lot of the time I normally spend reading.
  • JoDesaLyn
    JoDesaLyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just finished James Patterson's "Sam's Letters to Jennifer." and it was fabulous :) tear jerker BUT an eye opener...Got to live life to the fullest these days ya'll....and thats why MFP helps us out right :)
  • AskingTooMuch
    AskingTooMuch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm onto 'My Year of Meats' by Ruth Ozeki; Loving it!
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The Book Thief

38576641.png
  • hhill83
    hhill83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have just read the fault in our stars too! It is fabulous! Resonated with me so much. I'm now onto The Silver Linings Playbook
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    The White Princess- Phillipa Gregory

She is the queen of historical fiction!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Finally finished 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz (and the novella the Moonlit Mind) both quite good. I am now half way through Tess Gerritsen's Last to Die, the latest paperback in the Rizzoli and Isles series. It is so good I am having a hard time putting it down (damn work!) :laugh:

If you like teen fiction I recently finished a trilogy of books about mermaids. Not as bad as some of the teen fiction I have read lately. Everblue, Evergreen and Everlost by Brenda Pandos. They were fairly cheap on my ereader. The first one was free, the others around $3
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    NOS4A2 by Joe Hill....Stephen King's sn is such a great writer. I enjoyed Heart Shaped Box, and so I gave the sample of NOS4A2 a glance on my kindle......oh boy I was hooked!

He has peppered in SO many SK refereces, if you love SK and love the thrill of finding little easter eggs in the text, go get this book!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How did I not know about this group until now??

I am currently reading A Dance with Dragons, the fifth (and most recently-published) in the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin (Game of Thrones, if anyone doesn't know).

I started book one back in June and should finish this one by early next week and then I have to find something else.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through "Down Under" by Bill Bryson. I just love his books!

And I also started reading "Floating Staircase" by Ronald Malfi last night because I was in the mood for some good chills. Remarkably, I instantly fell in love with Travis and Jodie.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start 'Sister' by Rosamund Lupton tonight. :)
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    NOS4A2 by Joe Hill....Stephen King's sn is such a great writer. I enjoyed Heart Shaped Box, and so I gave the sample of NOS4A2 a glance on my kindle......oh boy I was hooked!

He has peppered in SO many SK refereces, if you love SK and love the thrill of finding little easter eggs in the text, go get this book!

Both excellent books!
  • Doxeydoxie
    Options
    Just finished Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill too. LOVED IT!! He now has a new fan! (of course being a devoted Stephen King fan does help!)
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When Food is Food & Love is Love by Geneen Roth. Great book!
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Dragonhorse and Seeker of the Forgotten Knowledge by Denice Garrou. I won it on GoodReads and I have a feeling it is a self published book. It certainly reads like self published book, but I think it has a lot of potential so far.

p.s. send me a message if you want to be my friend on GoodReads.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food.

I've been an proponent of 'clean' eating since before the term became popularized. Having grown up in a community where backyard gardens were common, market stands and u-pick orchards lined country roads, and fresh fish was available in season, we ate local foods because they tasted better than conventional and processed foods and we were supporting the livelihood of people in our area.

I've gained a lot of weight since having moved to a large metropolitan city. Living on my own has meant an increased reliance on quick meals and processed foods, and infrequent access to farmers' markets and locally produced foods.

This book is really inspiring me to make better food choices and continue on my path to healthier living.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Just started Suspect by Robert Crais and it is excellent! Good murder mystery/crime drama with some canine softiness mixed in (I've already teared up twice!)

Recently finished Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb, which is book # 34 in this awesome series. This one is also good murder mystery/crime drama but also a little sci-fi as it's set in the future and a healthy dose of romance (J.D. Robb is a pen name for Nora Roberts so it's to be expected) and good humor. If interested, you can google for J.D. Robb In Death series in order and find a couple good comprehensive lists - or if you're a member of GoodReads (why wouldn't you be?!), they're labeled by number.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I started reading "A Clash of Kings" the other day. I loooove A Song of Ice and Fire but honestly, starting a 969 pages book feels like climbing a mountain. :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I started reading "A Clash of Kings" the other day. I loooove A Song of Ice and Fire but honestly, starting a 969 pages book feels like climbing a mountain. :laugh:
    It feels that way when you open it the first time, but it goes so quick! I finished A Dance with Dragons two weeks ago. I started A Game of Thrones in June.

I'm very sad and waiting with bated breath for The Winds of Winter! The longer, the better.