What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Good choice! I love a bit of Gaiman.

I'm currently reading "Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace, which is as brilliant and as challenging as all the reviews say. Next on my to-read list is "Quicksilver" by Neal Stephenson.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm starting "Siren (Ocean Rose #1)" by Tricia Rayburn today. For some reason, I find myself reading a loooot of YA literature lately.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just started The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel by Neil Gaiman. So far it has been great. I'm very early in the book but it has already started creating a creepy sense of foreboding. Too bad it is so short.
  • catswithcheekbones
    catswithcheekbones Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The Book Thief!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Head to Head" by Linda Ladd ........ loved this mystery, which kept me guessing until the end ....... now I'd like to read some of her other books !
  • hellokathy
    Options
    The Book Thief!

One of my favorite books! Markus Zusak is a great writer.
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The Book Thief!

Totally agree! Great book!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    The Book Thief!

Totally agree! Great book!
    Ditto! :smile:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber (this one's taking a long time, but I don't really want it to end...)

We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families by Philip Gourevitch (not an easy one to read)

The Driver's Seat by Muriel Sparks
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wally Lamb's "I Know This Much is True"... again. Definitely one of my all-time favourite books.

I agree... I loved this book, and I cried so much! :smile:
  • faithbhealthy
    Options
    Hi... I am new to this board. I had to say I love Nora Roberts... Witness is great. Have u read the bride quartet yet by Nora?
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    Just started The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel by Neil Gaiman. So far it has been great. I'm very early in the book but it has already started creating a creepy sense of foreboding. Too bad it is so short.
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    Oops! I just started this book as well and literally set it down because I could tell I liked it too much and it is much too short.
  • Ennaelangels
    Ennaelangels Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Ooh! That one is on my to read stack. I was very disappointed when I first saw it in the book store, because it was such a thin volume..
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I really like Gaiman. I enjoy fantasy,sci fi and speculative fiction. Just finished the Golem and the Jinni. I enjoyed this mashup of Arabic and Jewish mythology set in early 1900s Manhattan. I just started Popular Music From Vittula,a Swedish coming-of-age novel with a dash of meta-fiction. Looks promising.
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber (this one's taking a long time, but I don't really want it to end...)

We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families by Philip Gourevitch (not an easy one to read)

The Driver's Seat by Muriel Sparks

I absolutely loved Crimson Petal. Glad you're enjoying it too!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I enjoy fantasy, sci fi and speculative fiction. Just finished the Golem and the Jinni. I enjoyed this mashup of Arabic and Jewish mythology set in early 1900s Manhattan.
    Sounds intriguing! Thanks for the recommendation.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi all! :flowerforyou:

Just finished One Step Too Far by Tina Seskis - real page-turner with a shocking twist
    Currently I am reading The Thirties: An Intimate History of Britain
    On audio I am listening to World War Z (totally not what I thought it would be and completely gripping)
    On my Kindle I'm kinda jumping around at the moment, working through my freebies and not finding anything that's sticking....
  • hellokathy
    Options
    I am juggling two books at the moment...

"Good to be God" by Tibor Fischer (so, so funny!)

"My Life in Black and White" by Natasha Friend for a YA reading group
  • sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Mortal Instruments 4: City of Fallen Angels. I read the first book just to enjoy the movie coming out soon, but now I'm in love with the series.