What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, and various travel books.

I have A Song of Ice and Fire waiting in the wings for a few weeks time when I'm not concentrating so much on studying.
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn....crazy good book! I am almost done with it. This is the first book of hers that I have read and I am eager to read more!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Ally, the fifth book in Traviss' Wess'har series. I love this series!
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food.

I've been an proponent of 'clean' eating since before the term became popularized. Having grown up in a community where backyard gardens were common, market stands and u-pick orchards lined country roads, and fresh fish was available in season, we ate local foods because they tasted better than conventional and processed foods and we were supporting the livelihood of people in our area.

I've gained a lot of weight since having moved to a large metropolitan city. Living on my own has meant an increased reliance on quick meals and processed foods, and infrequent access to farmers' markets and locally produced foods.

This book is really inspiring me to make better food choices and continue on my path to healthier living.

That book was really inspiring to me too. I get my food out of a box much less often now. Although the corn bit at the beginning was a bit of a slog.
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased to have found this group. Currently reading (rereading, if one must be accurate) "I, Claudius" by Robert Graves.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, and various travel books.

I have A Song of Ice and Fire waiting in the wings for a few weeks time when I'm not concentrating so much on studying.

Oh, I get SO excited when people start reading/watching this. It's my current favorite. Better than Harry Potter, and that's saying something! The writing is better, too. Martin knows his grammar. Or he has better editors.
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman, fantastic book, picked it up after loving his book "Neverwhere"
  • chris1613
    chris1613 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I m reading sherrilyn Kenton - cloak and silence . Just finished the new Chelsea Cain and the new Chris carter!!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up Beautiful Creatures. I love it! I love supernatural/gothic stories set in the South, especially South Carolina. I know there's a film made of the book, but I like to read the book first then see the film.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Just finished The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling. Excellent book! Suspend any notion this this is HP for grown-ups and, if you've read it, forget all about The Casual Vacancy. An old-fashioned style whodunnit thriller. Truly marvelous story-telling, cracking plot, some fab characters, I hope we hear more from Cormoran Strike and Robin!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share with you all the books I am currently reading (these are in no order):

Killer Crullers by Jessica Beck (94/276 done)
    The Dirty Parts of the Bible by Sam Torode (18% done)
    The Frozen Trail by Lisa Dayley (30% done)
    A Perfect Stranger by Alice Duncan (32% done)
    Do Over by Lisa Scott (0% done)
    She's Gotta Be Mine by Jasmine Haynes and Jennifer Skully (0% done)
    Splitsville.com by Tonya Kappes (0% done)
    Lucidity: A Ghost of a Love Story by CJ Lyons (0% done)
    Shadowbloom by The Sullivan Brothers (0% done)
    The Gauntlet Assassin by LJ Sellers (0% done)

You can follow me on Goodreads for more updates!
    http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/20457571-alyssa
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a book by Liane Moriarty " The Husbands Secret". Gotta say, I'm loving this book. I highly recommend. It's hard to describe, just PLEASE check this one out!
  • GormanGhaste
    Options
    Morgenstern's The Night Circus. Beautiful imagery, but a bit disturbing.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Waking the Witch - Kelley Armstrong....yeah bit of embarrassing admission
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I just finished Orange is the new black because I loved the netfilx series
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just finished one called Don't Look Twice by Andrew Gross. This is the second in a series centered around Ty Hauck, a police lieutenant. It was actually pretty good (the first one: The Dark Tide was better), he often co-writes with James Patterson.

I am now onto re-reading Interview with the Vampire. I read quite a few of them, but a few years ago when I went to coninue the series I found I had forgotten where the previous one left off. I still have a couple left in the series to read, so i figured the best way is to read them all :laugh:
  • GormanGhaste
    Options
    Heller's The Dog Stars. Post-apocalyptic book for a discussion group.
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    White Oleander.
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just finished the last of the Wool series Dust. the entire series was great. Just started The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty about 80 pages in and hating having to put it down! :sad:
  • yoga_queen
    Options
    The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
    The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
    Hotel Transylvania by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro