What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Could the book you're reading be called "Let's Pretend this Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson? If so, VERY FUNNY book!

that's the one :)
  • Kiaford
    Kiaford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami and Frankenstein. I would definitely recommend Kafka on the Shore if you like fiction with a little bit of surrealist themes.
  • ColumnHugger
    ColumnHugger Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare...not my usual cup of tea but my roommate bought me the entire series and I'll feel bad if I don't read them.
  • melodyg73
    melodyg73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished book two of game of thrones and need to get to the store for book three. Book two was a little slower for me then Book one but I still want to find out what happens next. :) My favorites so far are Arya and Danearys, I cant wait to see how they end up. No spoilers please lol. I also have two books sitting on my bookshelf at home that I just bought, not sure which I'm going to read first. One is "seven locks" the other is "the one I left behind"
  • KindleKate
    KindleKate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just finished W. Somerset Maugham's 'The Razor's Edge.' Now reading book about Errol Flynn, "My Wicked, Wicked Ways.
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have just finished the GONE series by Michael Grant. Good read but I am not happy with the ending won't say any more in case someone else is reading this series. I finished "The Internet is a Playground" by David Thorne...too funny! I will definitely be reading his other book "I'll go home then, it's warm and has chairs" as well. These are unpublished emails riddled with sarcasm and wit. :tongue:
  • KindleKate
    Options
    Reading 'The Other Typist' by Suzanne Rindell.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Finally getting around to reading Moorcock's first Elric book.

Also David Farland's first Runelords book.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just finished W. Somerset Maugham's 'The Razor's Edge.'

Great Book!!! Maugham has such a fluid writing style. He brings characterizations to life for me.

I'm currently reading "Alexander the Great" by Robin Lane Fox. Good, if you like history
  • KindleKate
    Options
    Majored in history in college... so yeah, you might say I like it. :)

My husband is the Alexander expert in our house; I'll have to tell him about your recommendation.

I agree about Maugham. 'The Razor's Edge' was certainly a fast, enjoyable read for me.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Majored in history in college... so yeah, you might say I like it.

What a great major! Some of my recent history readings:

Agincourt: Henry V and the Battle That Made England by Juliet R.V. Barker. Highly recommended.

Of "The Penguin History of Britain" I've read:
    The Struggle for Mastery by David Carpenter
    New Worlds, Lost Worlds by Susan Bridgen
    A Monarchy Transformed by Mark Kishlansky
    There are several others that I haven't read yet. I'm a sucker for Penguin histories.

Longitude by Dava Sobel
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading In Their Footsteps by Tess Gerritsen. I am moving so not finding a lot of time to read right now, but hopefully more time soon. I just picked up the Road to Woodbury by Robert Kirkman. The second in the Walking Dead Novels. Looking forward to that one :smile:
  • KindleKate
    Options
    Majored in history in college... so yeah, you might say I like it.

What a great major! Some of my recent history readings:

Agincourt: Henry V and the Battle That Made England by Juliet R.V. Barker. Highly recommended.

Of "The Penguin History of Britain" I've read:
    The Struggle for Mastery by David Carpenter
    New Worlds, Lost Worlds by Susan Bridgen
    A Monarchy Transformed by Mark Kishlansky
    There are several others that I haven't read yet. I'm a sucker for Penguin histories.

Longitude by Dava Sobel

If you like history told in novel format, you may wish to check out LONDON by Edward Rutherford. I haven't yet read it, but have it on kindle to read. My sister recommended it.

By the way, I checked out your site. You've mentioned one of my all time favorite books there: F. Scott Peck's 'The Road Less Travelled' - I have read that several times. His follow-up is pretty good as well: 'People of the Lie.'
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have just finished the GONE series by Michael Grant. Good read but I am not happy with the ending won't say any more in case someone else is reading this series. I finished "The Internet is a Playground" by David Thorne...too funny! I will definitely be reading his other book "I'll go home then, it's warm and has chairs" as well. These are unpublished emails riddled with sarcasm and wit. :tongue:

I am on book 5 right now, I love this series!!!
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading several books:
    - Joyce Meyer "Beauty from Ashes
    - Joyce Meyer "The Confident Woman Devotional
    - The 365 Most Important Bible Passages for Women (Daily Devotional)
    - Joel Osteen "It's Your Time"
    - Lisa See "Shanghai Girls"
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just finished "Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes. Wow, I really enjoyed that one. I highly recommend to anyone. Currently, just started "American Assassin" by Vince Flynn. My dad has wanted me to read the entire series for quite sometime, but just haven't gotten around to it. Vince Flynn just passed away this week.
  • KindleKate
    Options
    I didn't know Flynn had died, klross! I have a book or two by him on my Kindle, waiting to get to them. Please let us know if you liked 'American Assassin.'

I finished 'The Other Typist' - liked it, but would have preferred a less ambiguous ending.

Now reading 'Honolulu' by Alan Brennert. It has started out well.
  • evilveinywillow
    Options
    just finished Written in Red by Anne Bishop. I love everything she writes. The Black Jewels Trilogy was intense, sexy, had characters you really cared about.
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Reading The Dogs of Riga, a mystery novel. Just finished The Devotion of Suspect X, another mystery novel whcih was very good. Before that I read The Burgess Boys which was very good.
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I didn't know Flynn had died, klross! I have a book or two by him on my Kindle, waiting to get to them. Please let us know if you liked 'American Assassin.'

I finished 'The Other Typist' - liked it, but would have preferred a less ambiguous ending.

Now reading 'Honolulu' by Alan Brennert. It has started out well.
    [/quote

Loved American Assassin. I downloaded Kill Shot and am in the middle of this one. I think I'll read all of them.]