Hello February

Options
1235»

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    LMASSOFF ...at that cake , Snoozie..it could very well have been an attempt of mine...I finally figured out it's best for me to lay 'em out in a sheet cake..less room for failure..

Beautiful family picture, Susan. Glad you had a great B'day!!

Congrats on making your way back to your pre -vacation weight , Suzanne!1 It won't be long now..

I'm still yo-yo ing around ticker weight..sometimes dipping below...I may give in and log it, soon...

Welcome to OWR( as Snoozie wrote)...I can't call you OldWoman...it's goes against everything I am...LOL!!!

Great work on your goals, Vailara, Milove!!

Carol!! You, Too....I know your out there shaking your groove 'thang somewhere..
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Snooozie wrote: »
    PS: anyone have any thoughts on a theme for March... ?

well, we could do march into Spring with a focus on movement activities, or since its national nutrition month we could do a focus on healthy choices , or , since it's also women history's month, we could do a "I am woman hear me roar " with a focus on our successes .... And, even though we did it last year, one of my favs is the "in like a lion " to go with this photo and its theme:

y95e2qvzdg1i.jpg

• OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome! And thank you for not calling me old - however, I am the OldWoman in the office and with the group of folks we hang around - by at least 15 - 20 years. However, I can still run circles around most of them. Well, now I can.

Looking forward to March and hoping for warmer weather. I did not even wear a coat today since it was already 19F when I left the house this morning - Heatwave! Also, looking forward to joining in with whatever MMH comes up with. I know for myself I need to concentrate on about every aspect - with major focus on getting outside and moving my backside. Am thinking it will help bushels towards my number one goal of not resorting to going back on HRT. Grrrrrrr , why did I ever start that?

Looking forward to joining in any mayhem set forth!
    Thanks,
    Becky
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    seehe wrote: »
    PS: anyone have any thoughts on a theme for March... ?

well, we could do march into Spring with a focus on movement activities, or since its national nutrition month we could do a focus on healthy choices , or , since it's also women history's month, we could do a "I am woman hear me roar " with a focus on our successes .... And, even though we did it last year, one of my favs is the "in like a lion " to go with this photo and its theme:

y95e2qvzdg1i.jpg

I love it ... great minds think alike... especially with the damn polar vortex hitting the northeast...

Carol

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    thanks for offering up some ideas Susan! I think for me personally, i'd like to incorporate two of yours: the "focus on movement" (since that's always a challenge for me) AND the "in like a lion" together.. as I'll have to "attack" the exercise goal with the effort of a lion instead of the kitten I am right now in that regard! But that's just my vote - I'm totally in with whatever everyone else votes for too! :D
    -

Wednesdays goal results:
    1. YES! Drink 6 glasses of water each day (barely made it but I did!)
    2. YES! Log everything I eat
    3. NO! to move!! (hence why I am leaning towards your ideas Susan!)
    4. YES! At the end of each day; be able to say two things I have accomplished that have helped me move forward towards my ultimate goal. (prepped healthy lunch for back to work tomorrow, upped my veggie intake from usual)

Since I'm only recording weigh ins once a week on Weds now, am planning by next week the last of the vacay pounds will be gone and can move forward to next weight loss thru March! :D
  • Snooozie
    Options
    p.s. Gail (Time2): it's gotta be frustrating for you dipping up and down so close to your ticker weight; I know you'be been working so hard this month at getting to new loss.. maybe the next time your weight dips BELOW your ticker again, even if it's just an ounce or two, log it?? i'm just thinking maybe changing it to show you DID it, that you're below your ticker weight as you wanted, will mentally give ya a little boost? Just a thought tho.. sometimes for me the mental boost is more necessary than the physical one, but you would get the benefit of both lol :D
  • seehe
    Options
    thanks for offering up some ideas Susan! I think for me personally, i'd like to incorporate two of yours: the "focus on movement" (since that's always a challenge for me) AND the "in like a lion" together.. as I'll have to "attack" the exercise goal with the effort of a lion instead of the kitten I am right now in that regard!

[/quote

I'm also challenged right now with the movement right now so March into Spring theme works for me

iamd1a0srr48.jpg
    eoz1wzryhh13.jpg
    ycf0levq6rox.jpg
    uynqk4uwd17k.jpg
    z8x2i35clu40.jpg
  • seehe
    Options
    Weird- I added another post and its gone???

Guess I'll try again. I combined two images two different ways ( one a little less sloppy than the other lol) which I thought would be good for a movement theme for spring...what do you all think?

b7xjlfi8s3sj.jpg
    fm7et42jq2m3.jpg
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Lovely ideas Susan! I am in for whatever you all pick!

Thanks, Snoozie, I probably will this weekend, log my weight....
  • Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    3mnoz0ibrcga.jpg

Love the spring into action pic Susan, thanks its perfect
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello!! I was invited to the group by Snoozie :)
    Been reading thru everyone's posts....love seeing the goals set!
    I plan to kick it into gear beginning of March (next wk...can you believe it!)
    I will be setting my up my plan of action & goals this weekend.
    "Spring into action" sounds like a great way to start the new month :D
  • Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    lovely to see you and welcome SBH!! awesome news on setting up your plan of action and goals - look forward to hearing them and supporting you as you achieve them!
    - [img][/img]c0409.gif
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Farewell to February, Hatters! Going to finish this month off with a great day today; and tweaking my goal for the March theme of "springing into action" so I'm ready and ROARING to go tomorrow LOL :D

Hope everyone has a great day and is pumped about the next step forward for us!
  • seehe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Welcome SBH :):):)

Can't believe it's the last day of February, one of my favorite months. Where does the time go ??? Anyway, I am gearing up to spring into action starting tomorrow, after slacking this week, by preparing a planned out menu for the week , going on a hike with a friend tomorrow , and going grocery shopping :smile:
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've been more of a yo-yo than a spring lately. So I am really ready to take on a new attitude! I'm going to interpret the theme for March as a call to arms!! I've got to get motivated again and just do this thing! I've been slacking off and just "phoning it in" since my daughter's wedding last summer. I'm going to think hard on my goals for March so I'll be ready tomorrow when we kick off a new month and theme. Thank you ladies for being so encouraging and supportive!