Exercising

Replies

• anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    edited March 2015
    I have been using the stepper and its going well. I am still doing 4 sets of 2 minutes and I do them fast so my heart beats faster.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    I got the dvd in this morning, but chose to do Wednesday's 1 mile again (Tuesday is a 4 mile walk and I didn't think I could handle that yet). I did leave the dvd on and continued into the Leg segment, which I haven't done before. Tomorrow, I plan to do the same and on Thursday, I hope to follow that day's plan of 2 mile walk plus chest and back session. I really want to work my way up to following the dvd completely, however, Tuesday's include an arm session and I'm not sure my arm will cooperate. Some day!!

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Great job - both of you. Sheryl, it's smart to realize what you can and cannot do. I did get 2 more 10 minutes segments of walking in. One while setting up the chairs and while waiting for the older boys to come in.
  • australianna
    australianna Posts: 11 Member
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Debora, I'm glad you are letting your body heal.

Walked briskly around the State Capitol Park at lunch today. Didn't have my pedometer with me, but it's about 1 mile around and about 1/4 mile back to work. Perfect weather for it right now.

2d4meojya2r5.jpg

Capitol Park is one of the best parks in Sacramento, I always take visitors there and they are so impressed. We are so lucky here in Sac, I do love my adopted city.
  • australianna
    australianna Posts: 11 Member
    I find with exercise it has to be something that you like to do. I am starting to get a little bored with my routine, cardio machines and weights. I was thinking of taking a combination class at the gym tomorrow. The idea of breaking up the workout into 10 minute segments is a good idea and is a great way to start out. My partner does his cardio in segments and works great for him. The basic rule still applies to all workouts in that you must have a combination of cardio, strength and flexibility, working on the core is also important.
  • arobed53
    Got my 30 minutes in. Fun to see how many steps it is. Started reading Leslie Sansone's book. Some easy things I can incorporate if I just will.

Australianna, it's nice to like your adopted city. You do a great job with your workouts.
  • sannferris
    Yesterday was good, got in two miles, but skipped the extra chest/back segment. Today, I went back to just the one mile, plus the leg segment. I'm pretty sure I couldn't make the Friday 5 mile walk. Although, I won't know that until I try...next Friday.

Yesterday, I also did lots of walking in town. John and I went to Portland to run errands and was gone from 11:30 am til 6 pm. I'd guess that we were in the car a total of about 3 hours, so that means we were walking the remaining 3 1/2.
  • arobed53
    After hubby left this afternoon, I went down and did the 3 mile segment with Leslie. I needed the steps so took the time. And I was able to do it - surprised me a bit.
  • sannferris
    Good Morning, I posted over at the PBS and almost forgot to come by here. (I got 2 of the 3 eggs, the third one already had a hole pecked in it, so I tossed it out on the lawn and it was eaten up immediately).

I did one mile today, hope to do more as the week progresses. I also plan to do 3 sessions of PT exercises today since I only did one yesterday.
  • arobed53
    Met with friends and walked this morning. Since then I've also done a bit of walking around the house so got a good number of steps in today.

Sheryl, those chickens are just silly. Glad you got a couple of eggs. Great on the one mile. It plus PT adds up to plenty.
  • arobed53
    I put in Tuesday's 4 mile walk but stopped after 2 miles. Will also set up chairs for Good News Club this afternoon. Beautiful day - I even went to the church without a coat.
  • arobed53
    Wednesday I walked 30 minutes with friends. Today I did 2 1/2 miles with Leslie.
  • sannferris
    I haven't put in the dvd in a couple days. I don't feel up to it this morning either. I have walked out to the pasture every morning to put hay out for the llamas and I made it to PT and some grocery shopping, but that's the extent of my movement this week. I'll snap out of this and get back to it soon.
  • arobed53
    Hello. I have been walking all week. Today was the only day I walked with Leslie. I did 2 miles with her. I have gotten in over 30 minutes everyday (only counting length at least 10 minutes) and other steps too. According to fitbit I'm putting on quite a few miles. I need to work on the strengthening. But the steps I'm improving on. I went and got the mail and walked the rest of the way around the mail. Took out the trash one sack at a time. I have a "track" in the house and try and walk some every hour. So hopefully it all helps me. This was our first week of Walk Kansas so met the goal we have.
  • arobed53
    Ready to head out the door now. Going to go to one place to look at microwaves and then head to Lori's. I did three miles with Leslie. Definitely more of a workout then my just walking.
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    I haven't been doing any of the walking on my little stepper at all. I promise myself I will do it tomorrow(this morning). What the heck, I'm going to do it right now!
  • sannferris
    Walked a mile with Leslie. I'm going to stick with the one mile everyday for a long time. It seemed like when I wanted to challenge myself with more, I gave up and didn't do it at all.

One other outdoor chore that is so needed right now is pruning my two little dwarf apple trees. If I can do that, that's a real, heavy duty, stretching arm exercise. I'll take it a little at a time.
  • arobed53
    I walked with one friend this morning and now getting in more steps at home. I did 2 miles with Leslie yesterday. Sheryl, smart to stay with the one mile and succeed. You've got plenty else to do too. Yay Anew for getting on your stepper.
  • sannferris
    Been away from this post for so long. I've still been walking my one mile, although I've skipped a day here and there. I saw that the 30 day challenge here on MFP is Leslie Sansone Walk at Home. I'm not signing up or expanding my walks, but I'll do my best to continue my one mile walk, 5 to 6 days a week, for the 30 days.

My PT gave me more arm stretches to do at home. Some of the arm movements on the walking dvd are helping me too.
  • arobed53
    Thanks to your post Sheryl, I got myself downstairs to walk with Leslie. It's a much better workout than me just walking. I got two miles this time. Since I've gotten my fitbit, my daily total of steps has increased a lot so I guess that means I'm moving but mostly just walking (not near the workout Sheryl gets).