Before and Afters ANYONE????

Options

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Meant to do this yesterday, but the internet was being stupid again.
    Not a before and after, but a Before and "Getting Close". 18lb to go.
    12-30crop_zps3c4daec8.jpg
    Sorry, no side view. Be aware that I do not exaggerate when I say I looked very pregnant from the side. My youngest was 3 at the time. ugh...

236b54fb-95da-46e0-bf37-3633853867aa_zpsmq6qt7f2.jpg
    78514482-549d-4b58-b933-7832cbb01069_zpscb03y8a5.jpg
    Sorry you can't see better definition in my legs. Pants have gotten baggy again. :smile:

AWESOME!!! Bacon your looking really good right now!!!! Inspirational!

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love to see these. You are all amazing. Congratulations everyone.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    TMI - 400+.. Pretty sad when these were my at home pants and wearing 6xl sweats in 100% AZ weather. groans.
    - 16750871802_9b0ed887bf_c.jpg
    - 16750954822_63cf3468db_c.jpg

181lbs
    16113920694_f63db116f3_c.jpg

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I just can't stop being inspired by your transformation, SatinPumpkin. AMAZING!

FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Looking good everyone. Bacon, I don't see where you've got much more to lose. Of course, people say that to me. I happen to know where the fat still hangs out, that they can't see.

In any case, we're all awesome in here.

Yeah. The secret fat...My thighs still need to let go a bit and around my hips. A little on the lower belly. If I never lose another pound, I'm getting in great shape so I'll be fine. But even though being tall hides it well, some of it still needs to go. While I CAN possibly get rid of it, I'm going to,while my metabolism is still playing nice.
    I'm the fat Gestapo! laugh-b3ebddcf0dd1f04d2412346dbfa3f97f.gif

• dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    wow everyone! Congrats!! I should have done a "before" pic (22 lb ago), but still have more to lose and need to start exercising- so I am now motivated to do the before and after pic. after seeing your results.
  • Rockmaker
    Rockmaker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How about just an after? After 5 weeks on a ketogenic diet, down 15 pounds.bbb0evjiq4j6.jpg
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You all are looking so good. I need to do a work in progress to see if there is a change. I need to inspire myself. Thanks for the photos. It does help.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    You all are looking so good. <snip> Thanks for the photos. It does help.

Definitely what Shades said. Thank you so much for sharing the inspiration everyone, you look fantastic!

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Since there's a new after, might as well post another before. This was closer to my start of going low-carb. It's actually exactly 6 months before I started keto. It's one of the few photos I had from that time. I was doing obstacle course runs, running every other day, and counting calories to try and keep my weight down. This was the best result I was getting. I am not pleased with the photos. There's some photos later where you can see my calf, and the muscle definition is pretty solid. It's not that I wasn't working my butt off. It's just that I wasn't getting anywhere. Look at my pregnancy belly. It's a carb baby! ;)

April 15, 2013
    wuec85ex2agv.png

Here's another "After" photo from today. We were at Epcot and I bought a shirt from Italy. No reason other than it was on sale and I wanted it. I had my wife snap a photo of me in it. This is with rare exercise. I do it when I feel like it or if I race is coming up. There's nothing at this time. So, I am not really exercising. I'm still not thrilled with my body, but it's a lot better than the before.

March 14, 2015
    rfnukqqnp97r.jpg

• GrannyMayOz
    Options
    I can't believe that 'other bloke' is you Goat; I've only ever known the slim you!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I am starting to believe the new me in the mirror. I am so used to the old one, that he's the one I still see most of the time. People think I am crazy. But, you spend so long seeing yourself one way, the changes take a while to really sink in. I have people I work with who have a hard time believing who I was. Even my students comment on my old yearbook photos, "Mr. [Goat], did you see your photo in [old yearbook]? You were SO FAT!" LOL, nothing like working with children. They have no filter.

The really sad thing about this first photo is that I was working so hard to get "fit, thin, and healthy." I don't know for sure, but I was somewhere between 87 and 92 kg when it was taken. I just wasn't losing weight. I might gain. I might stay the same. But, my weight just wouldn't go down. I exercised for hours each week. The days I didn't run, I would bike for 50-80 minutes at a rate of 14 mph to 18 mph. In a way, it drove me to keto because, what was the worst thing that could happen? I might gain weight? That was already happening in spite of my best efforts. I decided to give it a shot. The only regret I ever had was not doing it years ago.
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    I know the feeling of still thinking yourself overweight, even when the evidence is staring you in the face. I feel that changing that mental image is very important for the will to continue the weight loss WOE at goal, but I only have CICO experience where I reverted to my old WOE the moment I got to goal. That won't be happening this time!

And yes, children are wonderful for speaking the truth because it's true, not through ill intent. Now I don't work in schools any more, I have my grandchildren.

I still love my exercise, needed or not B)
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I am starting to believe the new me in the mirror.

It wasn't until I was skinny in one of my dreams that I finally realized it. It was such a shock that it woke me up!
  • parkdad73
    Options
    TMI - 400+.. Pretty sad when these were my at home pants and wearing 6xl sweats in 100% AZ weather. groans.

This one is fricking amazing!!!
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Goat what do you mean you're still not thrilled with your body? You look awesome
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    parkdad73 wrote: »
    I am starting to believe the new me in the mirror.

It wasn't until I was skinny in one of my dreams that I finally realized it. It was such a shock that it woke me up!

Love this!!!! The subconscious is an amazing thing!
  • annerebelo
    annerebelo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    - 16750871802_9b0ed887bf_c.jpg
    - 16750954822_63cf3468db_c.jpg

181lbs
    16113920694_f63db116f3_c.jpg

Holy crap!!! You are a WHOLE OTHER PERSON! you must feel so amazing and free!!
  • annerebelo
    annerebelo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! You are a WHOLE NEW PERSON!!! you must feel so amazing and so free!!!
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Love all these photos! I have another 6 lbs to my goal, I'm still 1-2 lbs over the maximum healthy BMI for my height, which is crazy. I'm 5'5" and wear clothes in size 4. I can't imagine being much smaller! Pictures really tell a better picture than the number on the scale.
  • parkdad73
    Options
    rachel0923 wrote: »
    Love all these photos! I have another 6 lbs to my goal, I'm still 1-2 lbs over the maximum healthy BMI for my height, which is crazy. I'm 5'5" and wear clothes in size 4. I can't imagine being much smaller! Pictures really tell a better picture than the number on the scale.

Yep! The BMI rating says I'm still obese! It also says I need to lose 40-85 pound to be a healthy weight.