Cream cheese and carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is what Kraft had to say about the change in carbs.

"Product is reformulated to add a gum (Xanthan) which made minor changes in Carbohydrates that are present in the Nutrition Facts and Ingredient Lines. The product formulation has been built to deliver the same flexibility and performance in all of your spreading and baking needs that you expect from Philadelphia Cream Cheese.

The total carb is 2G for the new reformulation."
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    isa75 wrote: »
    This is what Kraft had to say about the change in carbs.

"Product is reformulated to add a gum (Xanthan) which made minor changes in Carbohydrates that are present in the Nutrition Facts and Ingredient Lines. The product formulation has been built to deliver the same flexibility and performance in all of your spreading and baking needs that you expect from Philadelphia Cream Cheese.

The total carb is 2G for the new reformulation."

Awesome to see that you got a response! And pretty quickly, too.
    I have been making cinnamon cream cheese 'fat bombs' for dessert when I'm a little short. I just mix it up in a bowl and eat it with a spoon or put it in a cream cheese pancake. You could even mash up a strawberry with it too.

1-2 servings
    1 oz cream cheese
    1 tbs coconut oil
    1/4 tsp cinnamon (or less. to taste)
    1/3 packet, or generous sprinkle, of stevia or sweetener(to taste)

OMG, that sounds soo good!

• shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    vdraghi wrote: »
    tru2one wrote: »
    Did they change the serving size? Or just the carbs per?

Same serving size, increased carbs per.

I love making a dessert I call "cheesecake fluff" out of sugar-free jello and cream cheese, and I want to eat it daily. Less carbs in my cream cheese = win.

Cheesecake Fluff sounds delicious! Do you have a link to a recipie that you use with the Cream Cheese and S/F jello? :)

I literally just use 4 oz of softened cream cheese per small box of sugar free jello mix. I have the soft cream cheese whipped in a small glass mixing bowl, then I use a glass measuring cup to stir the jello in 1 cup boiling water for 3 minutes. Dump that in the bowl and mix vigorously with cream cheese, then add 1 cup ice/water and stir until all the ice melts, then refrigerate. Sets up pretty well in 1.5-2hrs. Has a jello-y texture but looks and tastes creamy.

ETA: 1 cup serving (240g by weight) has 186 calories, 2g carbs, 17g fat and 5g protein. Pretty nice little treat.

You can also do similar replacing half the water with coconut cream when you make Jello. It's nice with the pineapple flavor, but works with pretty much any flavor (I use vanilla berry).