April Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

Current month 2015:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most therapy groups for BED. When I was in BED therapy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only and not for other threads within the BE Support Group.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10040420/binge-eating-support-group-conversation-thread-2015

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    April 2015:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 1

Days I did NOT log it all - 1

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg

887823.png
  • queenofknots
    queenofknots Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Me: 0
    The Binge: 1

Frustrated because I stopped myself the first time the urge struck, but gave in an hour later.
  • Ay_Ray
    Ay_Ray Posts: 3
    Options
    April 2015:

Log:
    Amy - 0
    The Binge - 0

Missed Log Days: 1
    April 1st
  • angier321
    angier321 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Angie-1
    Big bad binge monster- 0

Just read thru the March thread...you are ALL awesome!!!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Gah! A bag of Mini Eggs got the better of me on the first day :( Those things are the devil; I had to buy them for Easter treats I had promised to make my kids for their school. Oh well. Back on the wagon today and it won't ruin the month. I portioned out the rest into baggies because I love them and will work them in as treats over the next couple of weeks, but need to not eat all three bags at once!

Me: 0
    Binge: 1
    Days binge free: 0
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm new and in! I have *major* issues with binge eating, so this will definitely help.

Me:1
    Binge: 0
  • Sarahsteve7kids
    Sarahsteve7kids Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm new and I'm in!
    Sarah -1
    Binge-0
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    April 2, 2015

Ryan - 2
    The Binge - 0
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    April 2
    Kourtney: 2
    The Binge: 0
    Days binge free: 46
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oops, sorry about starting a new thread!
    me - 2
    The binge - 0
    Days Binge free - 6
  • kneubaue
    kneubaue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting out!
    Me - 2
    The Binge - 0
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    Binge: 1
    Days binge free: 1
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Me 0
    Binge 2
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Posted 4.3.15

Dennis- 2
    Binge Beast - 0
    NES - 1
    Binge Free - 10

Welcome new posters!

• angier321
    angier321 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    angier321 wrote: »
    Angie-1
    Big bad binge monster- 0

April 3
    Angie..2
    BBBM..1

Feeling grateful ...it's been 2 days!
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Missy:2
    Binge: 0
    Days binge free: 3

I haven't missed a day yet logging. Stopped myself from binging. It's hard to put a number on it bc I seem to always be fighting the urge. But I got this.
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a question, I have days where I am just eating whatever and whenever and not portioned out, are those binges?? I get like that for an entire week before my TOM, The moment I start the urges stop ( not completely, but I am able to control it better). I am in need of help with this. I have been doing this for as long as I remember.
  • kneubaue
    kneubaue Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Me-2
    Binge-1
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    me - 3
    the binge - 0
    days binge free - 7
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ajsimyan wrote: »
    I have a question, I have days where I am just eating whatever and whenever and not portioned out, are those binges?? I get like that for an entire week before my TOM, The moment I start the urges stop ( not completely, but I am able to control it better). I am in need of help with this. I have been doing this for as long as I remember.

It really depends on how you feel. You may just be overeating. However, if you feel like something has possessed your body, making you shovel food down your throat, one food after the next because nothing seems like enough until your painfully full, then that definitely is a binge. However, I'm sure binges manifest themselves differently in all people, but that's how they feel to me.

April 3
    Kourtney: 3
    The Binge: 0
    Days binge free: 47
This discussion has been closed.