Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Did w6d2 today and got 6.7km in 55:15 minutes. 4 intervals of 10 minutes ran. Went quite well apart from the last 4 minutes where I got rather strong side stitches that would not go away.
    Four 10 min runs? Wow! My w6d2 said two 10 min runs with a 3 min walk in between...

Yes, it does. I just do a little bit extra each time because it works so well. I think I'm kind of doing C25K and some kind of follow up programme at the same time.
    Generally, the first run of the week is kind of for speed, the second distance, and the third is just trying to survive the long run without breaks, an then I'll see if I do something extra or not afterwards.

Cool! Sometimes I do a little bit of extra, but you basically double it! :)
    Be careful - increasing the distance too quickly can lead to injuries....
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options
    Thanks Aine, I'm careful. I think months of swimming (pool pump is currently broken again) and fast circuit type bodyweight training is paying off after all. I'm much fitter than I thought I was.
  • matillian
    matillian Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 1, it was hard!! but I did it!
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 complete! It's supposed to rain here for most of the week...hoping I'll be able to get a few breaks to get my other runs in!
  • hbarnesccs
    hbarnesccs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was supposed to be W1D1 for me. Started off great, but began storming 17 minutes into my workout. Had to stop and put it on hold. But some is better than nothing, right?!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Finished week 1. This week was hard while I was trying to run for most of my mile and a half, but I still did it. And the first two minute run intervals of my run 1, walk 1.5 were tough, but after that, it wasn't so bad. Knees and shins are a little sore, but they aren't bad either. All in all, I'm feelin pretty great about it!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    matillian wrote: »
    Week 4 day 1, it was hard!! but I did it!

Great!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    coviman wrote: »
    Week 4 Day 1 complete! It's supposed to rain here for most of the week...hoping I'll be able to get a few breaks to get my other runs in!

Same here - raining for the next three days. I'll be running tomorrow anyway! lol
  • Aine8046
    Options
    hbarnesccs wrote: »
    Yesterday was supposed to be W1D1 for me. Started off great, but began storming 17 minutes into my workout. Had to stop and put it on hold. But some is better than nothing, right?!
    I like your attitude! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    Finished week 1. This week was hard while I was trying to run for most of my mile and a half, but I still did it. And the first two minute run intervals of my run 1, walk 1.5 were tough, but after that, it wasn't so bad. Knees and shins are a little sore, but they aren't bad either. All in all, I'm feelin pretty great about it!
    Awesome! Make sure you stretch well after each run!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Just started back on MFP and stumbled across this group. I've been working on the C25K and will start week 5 in the morning. Bit nervous and excited!

Good luck!
  • yirara
    Options
    coviman wrote: »

Same here - raining for the next three days. I'll be running tomorrow anyway! lol

Lucky people! The temperature here is probably going up to about 40C (104F) next week. It will still be rather warm after sunset when I usually run. Oh well... lets see how things go.
  • MissKissKins
    MissKissKins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tonight I start W5D1!! Wish me luck!
    I went to my docs and got another inhaler and was told to use it 15 minutes before I begin so lets see what that does!

How was it? :)

It was going great! I felt ready to go onto run 2 ..... but now I haven't been running for 2 weeks I had a cold that turned out to be tonsillitis and laryngitis finished off with conjunctivitis last week! Just been exhausted! I restarted running again on Monday been knocked back a week so still on W5R1 but building it back up again! And I started spinning classes again :smile:

• blantonjm197
    blantonjm197 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Completing Week 1 Day 3 today and so far so good. Not much soreness or pain yet. But I'm sure that will come in the next few weeks. It's good to be running again.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Completing Week 1 Day 3 today and so far so good. Not much soreness or pain yet. But I'm sure that will come in the next few weeks. It's good to be running again.

No need for soreness or pain on this programme. If you get some, ask for help. You will probably going too fast, this is not about speed but time on feet. If you can't run and talk at the same time, you are going to fast. Keep going, slow definitely works at this stage.

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    hbarnesccs wrote: »

As they say you are already doing laps around those still on the couch. You go girl. Week 1 Day 2 will be awesome.
  • yirara
    Options
    W6D3 done! The weather forecast predicted a 10 degree C hike over two days, thus I decided to run today to bridge the gap to summer temperatures.

Running 22 minutes was easier than the 20 minutes a week ago. After 3 minutes walking I did two 10 minutes intervals, which were really difficult today. Guess the higher temperatures. But got it.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W6D3 done! The weather forecast predicted a 10 degree C hike over two days, thus I decided to run today to bridge the gap to summer temperatures.

Running 22 minutes was easier than the 20 minutes a week ago. After 3 minutes walking I did two 10 minutes intervals, which were really difficult today. Guess the higher temperatures. But got it.
    Nice! Two weeks left!
    I am doing W8D1 tonight :)

• yirara
    Options

Nice! Two weeks left!

Nice! Two weeks left!

Yay! Go for it!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Yay! Go for it!
    I had a great run tonight! It was W8D1 and I was supposed to do 27 min. I did 31 instead - did 3.1 miles or exactly 5k! It was one of this great runs when you feel light and strong and fast and it seems like you could run like this forever :) Ironically it was so cold and gloomy and windy outside I did not really want to go running, but once I started it was totally awesome! Wish all of you guys great runs this week! :)