Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/04/16/spotted-on-shelves-sams-choice-cherry-chocolate-amaretto-butterscotch-salted-chocolate-fudge-and-chocolate-hazelnut-truffle-ice-creams/

Wal-Mart has just added some new ice creams to their store line.

A reviewer said they liked the Cherry Chocolate Amaretto more than the Ben & Jerry's Cherry flavor.

If I would try any of them it would be The Butterscotch flavor.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/04/16/spotted-on-shelves-sams-choice-cherry-chocolate-amaretto-butterscotch-salted-chocolate-fudge-and-chocolate-hazelnut-truffle-ice-creams/

Wal-Mart has just added some new ice creams to their store line.

A reviewer said they liked the Cherry Chocolate Amaretto more than the Ben & Jerry's Cherry flavor.

If I would try any of them it would be The Butterscotch flavor.

Ooh, I'm all over the butterscotch salted fudge; that sounds amazing! Of course, I'm my father's daughter and a sucker for butterscotch.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I've finally gotten around to trying the tiramisu from silvia maria, and it was amazingly good!
    Ugg, I really wanted to try another flavor from them (really enjoyed affogato all'amarena and the tiramisu) but I ended up picking up Talenti banana chocolate swirl because it was on clearance at Target. :/

I picked up oatmeal raisin cookie out of interest and found it pretty forgettable.

I felt the same way. Their Cookie Dough was so awful I gave it to my nieces & nephews who in my opinion have no taste buds. In December I bought the awful Holiday Pringles flavors & could only eat one of the White Chocolate & they gobbled the rest down like they were starved.

Isn't it amazing though that a company like Talenti - which is SO GOOD at some flavors, can have some which are such duds? Same thing with B&J - how many of their latest flavors are just meh....
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted to buy Talenti cookie dough just because it gets such bad reviews. Maybe when I can find it on clearance.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted to buy Talenti cookie dough just because it gets such bad reviews. Maybe when I can find it on clearance.

IKR? I'm curious just how one screws up cookie dough. It's so easy.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

I bought some when I was at the store last night. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe this evening if I have the room.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yay the pictures are normal sized again & wow that WAFFLE looks freaking amazing!

It really was. Messy to eat though and I ended up with caramel all over. I LOVE real Belgian waffles, the ones with the little sugar nibs inside. There's actually a really good brand of them at the store, Waffle Waffle, in the frozen section... it's just that they're like 340 calories for a waffle or something (one serving is 1/2 of a waffle for 140 calories, supposedly, but when you weigh them it's closer to 3 servings per waffle). But so good.
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

I finally found the Oatmeal Raisin and Salted Caramel Peanut Talenti's. I got the peanut one and skipped the oatmeal raisin, partly for the less than glowing reviews here and partly because raisins. I also got a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Talenti and the Breyer's Tiramisu. I enjoyed the peanut one, husband did not like the other two, so more for me.

Ok, so the Friday the 13th ice cream and the above cat photo are both awesome. And I love oatmeal raisin cookies, so I think I may still pick it up if I can find it.

I've finally gotten around to trying the tiramisu from silvia maria, and it was amazingly good! And I had a good old fashioned binge yesterday and wiped out most of my ice cream/gelato stash. *Sigh*

I'll be curious to see what you think of Oatmeal Raisin. I think LolBroScience is the only one I've seen say they loved it. I loved Talenti's Tiramisu, but it's the only brand I've had of that flavor so far.

People are turning me off the Oatmeal Raisin flavor, lol. I'm not overly fond of raisins or oatmeal raisin cookies in the first place though.

I really liked Breyer's Tiramisu as well. I wish they were on sale more often because for the calories they are really worth it, IMO (although I guess a serving is smaller than Talenti in weight so it's probably similar).

I like raisins by themselves and in cookies, just not sure I want to spend that much on a flavor only one person has given a positive review for. I know I had rum raisin years ago, and that's the only time I've had raisins in my ice cream, but I don't even remember if I liked it or not. I'll have to pick up the Breyer's sometime.

With your glowing review of the Turkey Hill Coconut Cream Pie I'll have to pick that one up next time Giant has Turkey Hill on sale for $1.99.

TH Coconut Cream Pie is amazing. The little bits are soft and taste just like pie crust and the coconut ice cream is spot on.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yay the pictures are normal sized again & wow that WAFFLE looks freaking amazing!

It really was. Messy to eat though and I ended up with caramel all over. I LOVE real Belgian waffles, the ones with the little sugar nibs inside. There's actually a really good brand of them at the store, Waffle Waffle, in the frozen section... it's just that they're like 340 calories for a waffle or something (one serving is 1/2 of a waffle for 140 calories, supposedly, but when you weigh them it's closer to 3 servings per waffle). But so good.
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

I finally found the Oatmeal Raisin and Salted Caramel Peanut Talenti's. I got the peanut one and skipped the oatmeal raisin, partly for the less than glowing reviews here and partly because raisins. I also got a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Talenti and the Breyer's Tiramisu. I enjoyed the peanut one, husband did not like the other two, so more for me.

Ok, so the Friday the 13th ice cream and the above cat photo are both awesome. And I love oatmeal raisin cookies, so I think I may still pick it up if I can find it.

I've finally gotten around to trying the tiramisu from silvia maria, and it was amazingly good! And I had a good old fashioned binge yesterday and wiped out most of my ice cream/gelato stash. *Sigh*

I'll be curious to see what you think of Oatmeal Raisin. I think LolBroScience is the only one I've seen say they loved it. I loved Talenti's Tiramisu, but it's the only brand I've had of that flavor so far.

People are turning me off the Oatmeal Raisin flavor, lol. I'm not overly fond of raisins or oatmeal raisin cookies in the first place though.

I really liked Breyer's Tiramisu as well. I wish they were on sale more often because for the calories they are really worth it, IMO (although I guess a serving is smaller than Talenti in weight so it's probably similar).

I like raisins by themselves and in cookies, just not sure I want to spend that much on a flavor only one person has given a positive review for. I know I had rum raisin years ago, and that's the only time I've had raisins in my ice cream, but I don't even remember if I liked it or not. I'll have to pick up the Breyer's sometime.

With your glowing review of the Turkey Hill Coconut Cream Pie I'll have to pick that one up next time Giant has Turkey Hill on sale for $1.99.

TH Coconut Cream Pie is amazing. The little bits are soft and taste just like pie crust and the coconut ice cream is spot on.

Ok that's it I will buy some tomorrow.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I've had my 2nd tasting of HG Ginger Molasses Cookie, this time without caramelized bananas, and I have to say, I'm still really pleased with this flavor. I paired it with two WoW Snickerdoodle Cookies. It was a good combo. I dipped my cookies in the remaining melted ice cream. It was like wiping a bowl of soup with a nice baguette. Haha.

I feel like I'm becoming a total glutton. :P
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

That's it I'm definitely buying it when it's on sale:D.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I bought the TH Coconut Cream Pie. My treat for tomorrow.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I've had my 2nd tasting of HG Ginger Molasses Cookie, this time without caramelized bananas, and I have to say, I'm still really pleased with this flavor. I paired it with two WoW Snickerdoodle Cookies. It was a good combo. I dipped my cookies in the remaining melted ice cream. It was like wiping a bowl of soup with a nice baguette. Haha.

I may have to try that one then. Both that and the Spiced Turtle kinda seem like fall to me so I haven't really been in the mood for either. I've also got half a pint of Talenti egg nog in the back of my freezer waiting for it to get cold again.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok TH coconut cream pie... it's alright. I guess I'm probably spoiled because the last coconut ice cream I tried was Talenti, and it just doesn't compare. Just not as creamy as I'm used to. The mix in's are good but not enough of them, IMO, and they taste more like sugary cookie dough than pie.

I guess for 160 calories a serving and $2 it's pretty good though, but I'm pretty underwhelmed overall.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I may have to try that one then. Both that and the Spiced Turtle kinda seem like fall to me so I haven't really been in the mood for either. I've also got half a pint of Talenti egg nog in the back of my freezer waiting for it to get cold again.

I have a pint of pumpkin gelato from our neighborhood place just hanging out in my freezer for the same reason. Also two cans of pumpkin in the pantry from the pumpkin bread I never got around to making, and I think a maple bacon cookie mix that I was going to throw together for a party in the Fall and didn't... Maybe we should have an "Octoberfest in May" party!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I have a pint of pumpkin gelato from our neighborhood place just hanging out in my freezer for the same reason. Also two cans of pumpkin in the pantry from the pumpkin bread I never got around to making, and I think a maple bacon cookie mix that I was going to throw together for a party in the Fall and didn't... Maybe we should have an "Octoberfest in May" party!

I have a talenti pumpkin pie pint just waiting
    To be devoured. One of the stores here had the fall flavors for 7.99 a pint. bought one. Seemed spendy then.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

I bought some when I was at the store last night. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe this evening if I have the room.
    Didn't have room, but tried it anyway. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. It was just meh. I am going to see if I can find the TH coconut cream pie, for sure. Sounds awesome.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    59a78017-a3e0-4b44-b48a-927b2dc9442b_zps9gepyto7.jpg

The saddest (or happiest?) thing about this picture is that the guy at Harris Teeter told me they're getting the new Talenti flavors tomorrow and I'll probably end up driving all the way back over there to get those too, even though I clearly have too much ice cream for my freezer as is..
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Looks like now is as good a time as any for you to have an ice cream cleanse
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ok TH coconut cream pie... it's alright. I guess I'm probably spoiled because the last coconut ice cream I tried was Talenti, and it just doesn't compare. Just not as creamy as I'm used to. The mix in's are good but not enough of them, IMO, and they taste more like sugary cookie dough than pie.

I guess for 160 calories a serving and $2 it's pretty good though, but I'm pretty underwhelmed overall.

Aw, dang. :confused: I *really* liked it. At least you had the experience :smile:

I just bought the Mint Cookies n Cream Edy's Custard and I love it. The chocolate bits aren't as good as Baskin Robbins chocolate bits (probably because Baskin's is actual "chocolate chip" and this is "cookies n cream"), but the ice cream itself IS NOT ACTUALLY GREEN! I like it. Very creamy. Not sure if I'd want to try the basic chocolate or vanilla flavors, though.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    59a78017-a3e0-4b44-b48a-927b2dc9442b_zps9gepyto7.jpg

The saddest (or happiest?) thing about this picture is that the guy at Harris Teeter told me they're getting the new Talenti flavors tomorrow and I'll probably end up driving all the way back over there to get those too, even though I clearly have too much ice cream for my freezer as is..

That's quite the spread!

I have room in my freezer for *maybe* one pint of ice cream. Darn Frozen veggies taking up all the room... who do they think they are...