CHALLENGE: A mile a day in May

Options

Replies

• BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Here's her 3-mile walk by herself. Several of her workouts are on YouTube. I only do the ones where she's by herself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYuw4f1c4xs

Thanks, Cindy! Do you know which DVD that's from? It's difficult to do it on my PC, but I'll do it if that's my only option for avoiding the hams! LOL.

:)
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing so awesome!!

I put in 1.9 miles today- but that wasn't what was really important to me.
    Ever since I got involved in doing 5ks and gained the confidence that I can run if I just try and work myself up to it, I have been doing interval jogging. The most I have jogged consecutively has been 7 minutes. I don't know what got into me today, but I decided to throw the intervals to the wind and just keep jogging until I couldn't anymore. I JOGGED 20 MINUTES WITHOUT STOPPING OR WALKING. I have NEVER done this in my entire life. I was over the moon!! I remember when I first started, it was difficult for me to even walk that long at one time and now..... WOW! I ended up jogging 1.3 miles before I started walking!! I strongly believe that losing some weight has a part in this success and this means so much more to me than what a scale can say!!

Thanks for the link, Chalmation!!
    ashv4444 wrote: »
    Man, way to go guys!!

I am going to have to check out that dvd, jayne :)

I only put in 1.1 miles today because I was more in an eliptical mood

You probably did more than us by doing the eliptical. It's a hard workout isn't it?

I have a love affair with the eliptical!! There are several different types, but I like to use them because they are easier on my knees and they tend to burn more calories.
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options

Ever since I got involved in doing 5ks and gained the confidence that I can run if I just try and work myself up to it, I have been doing interval jogging. The most I have jogged consecutively has been 7 minutes. I don't know what got into me today, but I decided to throw the intervals to the wind and just keep jogging until I couldn't anymore. I JOGGED 20 MINUTES WITHOUT STOPPING OR WALKING. I have NEVER done this in my entire life. I was over the moon!! I remember when I first started, it was difficult for me to even walk that long at one time and now..... WOW! I ended up jogging 1.3 miles before I started walking!! I strongly believe that losing some weight has a part in this success and this means so much more to me than what a scale can say!!

Ashley, I am SO PROUD OF YOU!! That's fantastic! Hold your head up high, Girl! :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    That's great, Ashley. I think I know how you feel. It was such an effort just to get up and do my normal day much less walk any when I first started this. In fact, I just kinda acclimated to the new food for about 5 days before I even attempted to move around more than what I was used to.

Now, I can walk briskly w/o stopping for an entire 15 minutes. That's saying a lot!!! I feel better and have more energy.

2.5 miles for me today.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    BeesmaMFP wrote: »
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Here's her 3-mile walk by herself. Several of her workouts are on YouTube. I only do the ones where she's by herself.

Thanks, Cindy! Do you know which DVD that's from? It's difficult to do it on my PC, but I'll do it if that's my only option for avoiding the hams! LOL.

:)
    No idea what DVD its from :( .

If you have a DirecTV HD receiver (not sure about other companies), you can play videos from your computer on your TV, if your computer is WiFi. However, I don't remember how to set it up, so can't help there! I did it a long time ago.

2HyQ.gif

psvcevyuAVQiU
    nkeuyrrnfuybo6nd553bz
    NS
    Lose 5
    NS Refugees
    Nutribuddies
    NS Group Users
    Dump That Rump

kjbnykg Chalmation
  • Chalmation
    Options

Thanks for the link, Chalmation!!
    Great job!! And you're welcome!

2HyQ.gif
  • Chalmation
    Options
    May 1: 1.55
    May 2: 1.25
    May 3: 1.52

Not finished walking for today.

2HyQ.gif
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    9678 steps so far today. Not quite done yet...maybe I'll hit 10,000!
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    That's great, Ashley. I think I know how you feel. It was such an effort just to get up and do my normal day much less walk any when I first started this. In fact, I just kinda acclimated to the new food for about 5 days before I even attempted to move around more than what I was used to.

Now, I can walk briskly w/o stopping for an entire 15 minutes. That's saying a lot!!! I feel better and have more energy.

2.5 miles for me today.
    That's awesome!!

Today I put in over a mile, just not too sure what the exact mileage is. I am blessed to live in the beautiful city of San Antonio which has the riverwalk in the heart of the city. Tonight hubby and I walked the riverwalk for a change of pace! It's so beautiful at night, less crowded, lots of light and a romantic atmosphere. It was a good change after working 4 nights in a row :smile:
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Sounds nice, Ashley.

My dh loves San Antonio. I've never been there, but sounds wonderful.
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    Sounds nice, Ashley.

Well if you ever want to visit, you'd have someone to hang out with/show you around!! :wink:

I put in 1.26 miles walking with my friend and her dog today and I found a new jogging buddy in the process! We hadn't seen one another for a few weeks since we were both busy with work, and she was surprised to see how much weight I lost! We were workout buddies before her wedding and now that she is nested, she said she will start jogging with me! yay!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Good job!

No, I have not seen her work. I think I will enjoy. I researched things a little bit and decided on her DVDs after reading what some of the NS members said.

Thanks! I just got back from Walmart. Their website indicated they had at least 10 of her DVDs in stock. They had one! And, only one copy of it. Fortunately, it wasn't the one I have. :)

2.5 miles for me today.
    That's awesome!!

Today I put in over a mile, just not too sure what the exact mileage is. I am blessed to live in the beautiful city of San Antonio which has the riverwalk in the heart of the city. Tonight hubby and I walked the riverwalk for a change of pace! It's so beautiful at night, less crowded, lots of light and a romantic atmosphere. It was a good change after working 4 nights in a row :smile:

I was married on the river walk....lived there three times....two of my 3 kids born there....would move back in a heartbeat!!!!

• BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Sounds nice, Ashley.

Well if you ever want to visit, you'd have someone to hang out with/show you around!! :wink:

I put in 1.26 miles walking with my friend and her dog today and I found a new jogging buddy in the process! We hadn't seen one another for a few weeks since we were both busy with work, and she was surprised to see how much weight I lost! We were workout buddies before her wedding and now that she is nested, she said she will start jogging with me! yay!

Ashley, I'm actually hoping to make it to San Antonio next year. Did you see the NS ad I posted on the DTR thread a week or two ago of a friend who'd won one of the NS contests and was in one of their photo shoots? She lives in San Antonio and I want to get down there to visit her and just haven't yet. She's also commented on how beautiful the River Walk is. I need to see it. :)
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    Ashley, I'm actually hoping to make it to San Antonio next year. Did you see the NS ad I posted on the DTR thread a week or two ago of a friend who'd won one of the NS contests and was in one of their photo shoots? She lives in San Antonio and I want to get down there to visit her and just haven't yet. She's also commented on how beautiful the River Walk is. I need to see it. :)

That's awesome!! Maybe if you come, we can have a lunch or walk date!!

Woke up early and started the day out right with 2.6 miles!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Sounds nice, Ashley.

I'll remember that if I ever venture that way. Thanks, Ashley.

• Nightingale2200
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've done 1.5 so far this a.m. Better than yesterday at this point. I just didn't feel all that spiffy the entire day and had to force myself to do any moving at all. Much better today.
  • katbirdinoregon
    katbirdinoregon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I got my 2 laps around the complex done ( 2 miles). We are having some cool weather this week and it is nice to be able to walk without getting up at the crack of dawn to do it.
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options

That's awesome!! Maybe if you come, we can have a lunch or walk date!!

Woke up early and started the day out right with 2.6 miles!

Absolutely! I'll let you know if I plan a trip. :)

Will be going for a walk after my staff meeting this morning.
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    2.4 Miles put in this morning! I'm really starting to get into these early morning jogs! :sweat_smile:
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Did almost 3 miles yesterday.

1.8 so far today.