Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Spent this morning trying a new mix-it-up routine - 120m warm-up, 100m front kicks, 100m back kicks, 260 various stroke drills, 4 x 100m sprints, 100m breast, 100m back, 400m crawl slowing to a cool-down pace. Made a nice change from just a steady crawl for 2km.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    2000 yds 57:39
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I wish, one more week off.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    As always, there's some great swimming going on here. Didn't swim yesterday (played golf, walked the course ). It was a pleasant surprise to be able to go today, it's a work day but we left later than I thought we were going to although I had to cut it short to get back from the gym in time. All freestyle : 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1000, 500, 250
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I did. Masters. An hour of mixed sets and mixed strokes so probably only 1700-1800 yards. Plus I was feeling chatty so that cut into my swimming time. My lane mate was similarly unmotivated for swimming but totally up for chatting so it all worked out. :smile:

Y'all are the worst :smile: chatting in the pool? Lol!
    That sort of thing just should not be permitted :smiley:
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I swam for ~55 minutes. I mixed it up with an easy warm up, kick with fins, some high intensity stuff, more fins and a cool down. When I was warming up my arms were begging me to get out of the water, but they loosened up nicely. Now, if I could only figure out how to sprint faster...
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    30 minutes ....how to describe my pace? glacial? tectonic?
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    2500m today! 300 warm up, then 2200 without stopping in ~47minutes.

Once I get up to 3k without stopping, I'm going to focus on keeping my pace more consistent so I make 3k/1h. Which will require lots of painful timed sets... *sigh* (I much prefer technique or endurance work, but I know the speed work is really important).
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    For May 8. Posted a little late. Noon swim 1500m front crawl and breast mixed.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2.5 km 55 min
    Was pumped up before the swim and hoping to go for a PB but there were kids in the pool doing all sorts, my player switched off and I had to do some fiddling with it, and eventually postponed my quest for a PB for another day!
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Sprint Triathlon Swim Trials again today. 750 m Front Crawl in 17:19 new PB for me. Then did another 750 m of mixed strokes. Total of 55 mins Water Time.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Newbie here. Did my first swim today and wow! Haven't swum in over 6 years and boy this was a big workout out. Swam for about 20-30 minutes and I'm wiped out. Next swim will be Tues.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    aliciab307 wrote: »
    Newbie here. Did my first swim today and wow! Haven't swum in over 6 years and boy this was a big workout out. Swam for about 20-30 minutes and I'm wiped out. Next swim will be Tues.

That's great! You'll be able to build up your time before you know. Persistence is definitely the key. Welcome!

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the pool, Alicia!!!
  • EmmaSlan
    EmmaSlan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't been in the pool since Wednesday as I developed a nasty cough. I miss it...hoping to go back tomorrow, but not sure if I'll be clear enough to not swim like I'm drowning!
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great workout today. I was the only one in the pool too! I did some sprint intervals, fin work, and easy 100's between intervals. I was breathing hard but my recovery between sprints kind of impressed me. Meaning, I was able to recover pretty decently in 5 sec. Swam 60 min or a bit more.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    61 minutes today

welcome alicia
  • juliet3455
    Options
    aliciab307 wrote: »
    Great start, repeat that swimming time on your next swim on Tuesday. After seeing @mpeters suggestion to @beneita about the great success that @stephenrhinton has had by adding 5 minutes to his swim time every two weeks that's what I would suggest as a starting point/plan. This idea duplicates the general concepts in the C25K Running Plan where they add small increments of time/distance that allows your body to slowly adjust to the new routine.
    panhandle8 wrote: »
    Great workout today. I was the only one in the pool too! I did some sprint intervals, fin work, and easy 100's between intervals. I was breathing hard but my recovery between sprints kind of impressed me. Meaning, I was able to recover pretty decently in 5 sec. Swam 60 min or a bit more.

It's always a great feeling to have a fast Sprint Recovery, shows that your work is paying off. The only thing better than an empty pool is where the co-swimmer that is splitting the lane with you is just marginally faster which then causes us to push the pace a little bit so that we aren't lane blocking.

No swimming today. Work got in the way as I was called out yesterday at 1:30 pm and it stretched out until 4:00 pm today.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I definitely plan on working my endurance up each swim. The progression of 5 minutes every 2 weeks sounds good. I was actually googling to see if there was a c25k version for swimming. Lol. I did find a swimming workout that trains swimmers from beginner to advance level by weeks or swim session I believe. I will probably take advantage of that program. My first session was spent freestyling 25m and backstroking back. Backstroke was much easier than freestyle.
  • rolyh
    rolyh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    2000 metres over 50 minutes. I thought about people driving to the gym to ride stationary cycles, as I cycled to the pool in the rain.