Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Did you swim today?

Replies

• 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Spent this morning trying a new mix-it-up routine - 120m warm-up, 100m front kicks, 100m back kicks, 260 various stroke drills, 4 x 100m sprints, 100m breast, 100m back, 400m crawl slowing to a cool-down pace. Made a nice change from just a steady crawl for 2km.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    2000 yds 57:39
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    I wish, one more week off.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    As always, there's some great swimming going on here. Didn't swim yesterday (played golf, walked the course ). It was a pleasant surprise to be able to go today, it's a work day but we left later than I thought we were going to although I had to cut it short to get back from the gym in time. All freestyle : 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1000, 500, 250
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 947 Member
    edited May 2015
    I did. Masters. An hour of mixed sets and mixed strokes so probably only 1700-1800 yards. Plus I was feeling chatty so that cut into my swimming time. My lane mate was similarly unmotivated for swimming but totally up for chatting so it all worked out. :smile:

Y'all are the worst :smile: chatting in the pool? Lol!
    That sort of thing just should not be permitted :smiley:
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    I swam for ~55 minutes. I mixed it up with an easy warm up, kick with fins, some high intensity stuff, more fins and a cool down. When I was warming up my arms were begging me to get out of the water, but they loosened up nicely. Now, if I could only figure out how to sprint faster...
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    30 minutes ....how to describe my pace? glacial? tectonic?
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    2500m today! 300 warm up, then 2200 without stopping in ~47minutes.

Once I get up to 3k without stopping, I'm going to focus on keeping my pace more consistent so I make 3k/1h. Which will require lots of painful timed sets... *sigh* (I much prefer technique or endurance work, but I know the speed work is really important).
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    For May 8. Posted a little late. Noon swim 1500m front crawl and breast mixed.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 947 Member
    2.5 km 55 min
    Was pumped up before the swim and hoping to go for a PB but there were kids in the pool doing all sorts, my player switched off and I had to do some fiddling with it, and eventually postponed my quest for a PB for another day!
  • juliet3455
    Sprint Triathlon Swim Trials again today. 750 m Front Crawl in 17:19 new PB for me. Then did another 750 m of mixed strokes. Total of 55 mins Water Time.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Newbie here. Did my first swim today and wow! Haven't swum in over 6 years and boy this was a big workout out. Swam for about 20-30 minutes and I'm wiped out. Next swim will be Tues.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    edited May 2015
    aliciab307 wrote: »
    Newbie here. Did my first swim today and wow! Haven't swum in over 6 years and boy this was a big workout out. Swam for about 20-30 minutes and I'm wiped out. Next swim will be Tues.

That's great! You'll be able to build up your time before you know. Persistence is definitely the key. Welcome!

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Welcome back to the pool, Alicia!!!
  • EmmaSlan
    EmmaSlan Posts: 19 Member
    I haven't been in the pool since Wednesday as I developed a nasty cough. I miss it...hoping to go back tomorrow, but not sure if I'll be clear enough to not swim like I'm drowning!
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Great workout today. I was the only one in the pool too! I did some sprint intervals, fin work, and easy 100's between intervals. I was breathing hard but my recovery between sprints kind of impressed me. Meaning, I was able to recover pretty decently in 5 sec. Swam 60 min or a bit more.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    61 minutes today

welcome alicia
  • juliet3455
    aliciab307 wrote: »
    Great start, repeat that swimming time on your next swim on Tuesday. After seeing @mpeters suggestion to @beneita about the great success that @stephenrhinton has had by adding 5 minutes to his swim time every two weeks that's what I would suggest as a starting point/plan. This idea duplicates the general concepts in the C25K Running Plan where they add small increments of time/distance that allows your body to slowly adjust to the new routine.
    panhandle8 wrote: »
    Great workout today. I was the only one in the pool too! I did some sprint intervals, fin work, and easy 100's between intervals. I was breathing hard but my recovery between sprints kind of impressed me. Meaning, I was able to recover pretty decently in 5 sec. Swam 60 min or a bit more.

It's always a great feeling to have a fast Sprint Recovery, shows that your work is paying off. The only thing better than an empty pool is where the co-swimmer that is splitting the lane with you is just marginally faster which then causes us to push the pace a little bit so that we aren't lane blocking.

No swimming today. Work got in the way as I was called out yesterday at 1:30 pm and it stretched out until 4:00 pm today.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Thanks all! I definitely plan on working my endurance up each swim. The progression of 5 minutes every 2 weeks sounds good. I was actually googling to see if there was a c25k version for swimming. Lol. I did find a swimming workout that trains swimmers from beginner to advance level by weeks or swim session I believe. I will probably take advantage of that program. My first session was spent freestyling 25m and backstroking back. Backstroke was much easier than freestyle.
  • rolyh
    rolyh Posts: 51 Member
    2000 metres over 50 minutes. I thought about people driving to the gym to ride stationary cycles, as I cycled to the pool in the rain.