WEIGH-IN RESULTS

Options

Replies

• jrp29646
    jrp29646 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    boglidem wrote: »
    Finished Fast 5 and lost 5.2lbs in the first week!

That's great! I'm not losing that fast. I do about 1-2 pounds a week.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Just earned my 30# bear! :)
    57649571.png
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hit the scale today and was pleasantly surprised when I saw I had lost another 3.4 pounds this week! That's 31.8 lbs. in 7 weeks!!
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing! Way to go! P~
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Nice job everyone!!!! Victory is ours!!!!!!
  • klriano
    klriano Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1lb loss this week
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow so many of you guys kicking butt! WTG!
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Down .8 lb today --- slow and steady wins the race, right? :)
    86946573.png
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All. I just weighed in when I could have just copied my number from last week - exactly the same! I'm actually very happy because I weigh regularly and I was tracking for a gain all week. I am definitely increasing my muscle mass in all the right places and really started seeing (visually) the results this week.

I've been increasing my exercise. For the first time since starting, I was able to do a total of over 100 pushups (standard, military, wide, etc.) and over 100 pull-ups (wide, close grip, chin ups, etc.) in one 30 minute session. For the pull ups, I do use bands instead of a pull up bar bar but I combine two of the heavy duty bands so it is a really good workout and does a decent job of simulating actual pull ups.

I am now down more than 5" in my waist and feel great. Despite a gain this week, Swati is also doing great. She has been doing the same workout program as me (P90x3) and her body is shaping up nicely. I would attribute her gain this week to muscle growth as she is clearly taking the weight off where it counts. I was worried about her being discouraged due to the gain but she was not in the least. She too can see her body transforming so it's all good. I guess we are maturing as we get further along in our programs as we no longer look to the scale as our only measure of success.

I hope everyone else is doing well and a Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! -Michael
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All. I just weighed in when I could have just copied my number from last week - exactly the same! I'm actually very happy because I weigh regularly and I was tracking for a gain all week. I am definitely increasing my muscle mass in all the right places and really started seeing (visually) the results this week.

I've been increasing my exercise. For the first time since starting, I was able to do a total of over 100 pushups (standard, military, wide, etc.) and over 100 pull-ups (wide, close grip, chin ups, etc.) in one 30 minute session. For the pull ups, I do use bands instead of a pull up bar bar but I combine two of the heavy duty bands so it is a really good workout and does a decent job of simulating actual pull ups.

I am now down more than 5" in my waist and feel great. Despite a gain this week, Swati is also doing great. She has been doing the same workout program as me (P90x3) and her body is shaping up nicely. I would attribute her gain this week to muscle growth as she is clearly taking the weight off where it counts. I was worried about her being discouraged due to the gain but she was not in the least. She too can see her body transforming so it's all good. I guess we are maturing as we get further along in our programs as we no longer look to the scale as our only measure of success.

I hope everyone else is doing well and a Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! -Michael

Nice job to both of you! Holy smokes..100 push-ups? That is incredible!!
  • mikemusky44
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nice job to both of you! Holy smokes..100 push-ups? That is incredible!![/quote]

Hi Randy, Just to clarify - they were not in a row. We were doing one of the P90x3 dvd's called The Challenge. You are supposed to pick a number in your head for pull-ups and push-ups. My number was 12 for each but you can chose different numbers for each type of exercise. Then you are supposed to stick to that number for each round (mind over matter baby). There are four rounds and you do a variation of each exercise twice each round. So 12 push-ups 8 times is 96 and the same for pull-ups. I did all the pull-ups and came up 6 short on the pull-ups (not from a lack of effort). But then there is a burnout round at the end, which put me over 100 for each. I was pretty impressed myself as I have never done that many before.

PS: The cast in the video pick numbers like 20, 30 and 40! Maybe someday. B)

• evhutchings
    Options
    Awesome! Ive been thinking of getting p90x3....i have p90x....youve convinced me now!!!!
  • mikemusky44
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Awesome! Ive been thinking of getting p90x3....i have p90x....youve convinced me now!!!!

It really is awesome - even Swati loves it and she was not a big fan of the original. Plus the x3 workouts are only 30 minutes each and there is a wider variety so its not as long and boring. It definitely helps that you are familiar with P90x as Tony does not spend as much time on instruction. Also, the warmups and cool downs are much shorter but there is a 15 minute cold start on days where you need it (we've only used it once). 30 minutes of Yoga is SOOOOOOOO much better than the 1 1/2 hours in the original. Plus there's Pilates, MMA, Cardio with and without weights, triometrics, eccentric upper and lower body, agility and more. We like it so much that we are planning a second round next month when the 90 days are up.

I've also found x3 is much better for building lean muscle and losing weight. We got the basic package without the three additional dvds and we are happy.

There is a good site that reviews each part of the program if you want to get a better idea of what to expect:

http://tylerrobbinsfitness.com/p90x3-reviews/

I read and/or watched the reviews each night before starting a new disk. I watched a couple of them but if you scroll down you can read Tyler's reviews and pros/cons which I find to be very accurate.

It's funny - When I went to Tyler's page, I looked at some of the screen shots and would not have imagined doing some of those moves 3 months ago and now I do them all! Plyo push-ups, forearm planks, standing splits? I still struggle but I can do them!
  • evhutchings
    Options
    Mikemusky44 I'm sold!!!! Thanks again for all the support from you and Swati!!!!!
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So after a lull last week I'm down 4 pounds this week! I'm feeling very motivated!
  • TheMommalBear
    TheMommalBear Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Very disappointed in my weigh in today .04 off this week .
  • mikemusky44
    Options
    Very disappointed in my weigh in today .04 off this week .

0.4 is almost half a pound - nothing wrong with that. We all have slow weeks. Shie1 had a huge week two weeks ago and then lost just a little bit this week. I was flat this week and my wife had a small gain but we are both seeing transformations in our bodies and are becoming more toned and muscular. At the very beginning, Swati wasn't losing pounds but she was losing inches. Forget about us, just look at your husband:
    So after a lull last week I'm down 4 pounds this week! I'm feeling very motivated!

You're doing great! Just keep working hard and you will see the results you want over the long term - which I'm pretty sure is what we all want. Have a good day! -Michael
  • SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options

WTG!! That's awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • kayakqueen53
    kayakqueen53 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Saturday mornings. It helps me stick with the plan on a weekends. Last Saturday I had lost 3 more pounds. My weight loss is now 44.6 (almost 45) pounds since last Thanksgiving.