Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! How is everyone doing?

Welcome Rkellywhite! I just joined this forum too. It's a nice way to wrap up the day after logging and keeping myself accountable. So far, I've been logging in same time each night after checking fitbit and then walking more a bit to reach that step goal.
  • Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feeling so unmotivated. Just not enough time in a day. Wish we could store sleep when we have time to get it and apply it when we need it. Blah
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ran three miles in the wind last night, not my best time but it also was the first time I did the whole thing without walking any of it.
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had a great evening yesterday: won free concert tickets off the radio (New Kids on the Block, with Nelly and TLC! I'll be rocking it old school next weekend!!) and then went to the Y with my wife and kids. They went swimming while I hit the elliptical.

shiftynj, that is awesome! I can't imagine running 3 miles without stopping to walk. Good job!
  • zeroh13
    zeroh13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would ever be able to work out at a gym, so I'm stuck with doing what I can at home (mostly Wii Fit Plus). It hasn't been that bad. My body has been a little sore the last couple days from exercising, but my rest day isn't till Saturday so I'm at this weird trying to push myself but trying not to push myself stage.
  • rkellywhite
    rkellywhite Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! How is everyone doing?

Welcome Rkellywhite! I just joined this forum too. It's a nice way to wrap up the day after logging and keeping myself accountable. So far, I've been logging in same time each night after checking fitbit and then walking more a bit to reach that step goal.

Thank you Gloria67648! I so appreciate the welcoming! I usually start my day off with MFP log-in. I've just started walking to work, 1.5 miles each way and have been so surprised that it's not 10,000 steps. My fitbit recently broke and by chance I put it back on and it's working again. Anyway, thank you again!
  • rkellywhite
    Options
    Lots of new people! Fun! Welcome to all of us! On to a great day!
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Let's see. Working all 7 days this week. Mostly because of a weekend seminar thing I'm going to for work. It doesn't mean I'm at work, but it does take up my whole weekend, 9-5, both days. Not going to lie, I'm a little nervous there won't be access to food that is actually healthy, so I'm going to try and pack a salad.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    shiftynj wrote: »
    Ran three miles in the wind last night, not my best time but it also was the first time I did the whole thing without walking any of it.

Thank you! I was kinda surprised! Oddly my average time was faster when I did intervals.

And now, thanks to your NKotB story, I have "The Right Stuff" in my head. :o
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Today was my "Day off" because it's my busy day, but I climbed the steps to my fifth floor office three times and got a few co-workers to join me. Later one of them volunteered to walk to Starbucks with me (about a mile RT) since it was so nice out. Not much of a workout but it was better than nothing. Back to the weights tomorrow.
  • Gloria67648
    Options
    Good news. Only 1 more week left in this semester. Whee & Whew! Now just 5 finals to get through.

smurfette - we could pour any leftover sleep into a jar, refrigerate it, and then drink it when we need it. I'd be up for that.

Shiftynj - good going and in the wind as well.

Rebolaugh - congrats on your ticket win!

Rkellywhite - it's a fun gadget. It gets me to be more active.
  • fearthisfish42
    fearthisfish42 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in my first week of Tri training and I can do this.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    I am in my first week of Tri training and I can do this.

Yes you can!
  • ossadsf
    ossadsf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    not a great week so far. I had to go to the doctor & while the doc was nice, the nurse was really rude/disrespectful towards me, which kind of soured the whole thing - like it's hard to feel like you can trust people in that kind of environment, you know? worse still, i have to follow up in a few weeks.

um... on the bright side, i guess? I've been playing The Walk, and I've just made it from Inverness to Edinburgh!
  • onemoc
    onemoc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    mother's day- several cheats days in a row... nervous about a psych appt earlier this week. however, it turned out alright whatever I gained would be mostly water, figured out to resync fitbit with this so life is good. did 43 minutes of p90x. I feel like a beached whale from taking the before photos today.
  • Gloria67648
    Options
    We had some rain today. It was fun walking in it. Got thoroughly drenched.
  • stormfront98
    stormfront98 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today has not been a good day so far. I went to the hospital to get a bone scan.. Well its one thing that I weigh too much for the machine but when the tech found out about me being called a female name his attitude and everything changed. I felt so humiliated and he just seemed to have a complete loathing to me. While i was walking out of the hospital i was in tears. a nice lady took me down to the Quality office and they took my complaint but I should never have had to deal with that,

I am SO sorry that you had to deal with that. Good on you for filing a complaint! It is unfortunate that some people are very narrow in their world view.

That is so sad that people in general and in health care more so can be so narrow minded and incredibly ignorant towards others. Good you for filing a complaint, for standing your ground. No tears for the strong! the only one who was truly humiliated was the tech with the attitude and rude behavior Clearly any person with a lick of intelligence would not behave so rudely

• stormfront98
    stormfront98 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fridays the cheat and day off. The usual domestic chores and yard work on the weekend will compensate not bench pressing
  • mandieinheels
    mandieinheels Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!! today I did a mix of weights and cardio with emphasis on core training. Feeling good. Tomorrow is weigh in..sooo
  • rkellywhite
    Options
    On to the weekend. The hardest part of the week for me, calorie wise. But I'm golfing 18 holes tomorrow and chores on Sunday, which will keep me active. Have a great weekend everyone!