Daily Check-In

Replies

• zeroh13
    zeroh13 Posts: 19 Member
    There was a little going away party for one of coworkers, with really good cake that I'm sure that ate up a good portion of my calories. But then I did some exercise when I got home to balance it out. Tomorrow is my rest day, and I think my body is going to need it.
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    May have indulged a little last night. Oops.
  • mandieinheels
    mandieinheels Posts: 192 Member
    Good for you shiftynj.
    I got up early did my quiet Saturday walk. I walk at my own pace just for pleasure, in the early morn as sun comes up. Now I am at work, and trying not to snack!
  • onemoc
    onemoc Posts: 35 Member
    uff showing a negative net cal so far today.
  • shiftynj
    Uh-oh, I have a bit of a theme going. Put a pound back on, but today should be more active and hopefully will behave myself. Going to a festival at a winery, and... oh dear, food trucks. Well I'm bringing my mt. bike and will try to get a ride in.
  • shiftynj
    Okay, how do you log something like "chicken bruschetta taco" ... it was the "healthiest" thing I could find to eat aforementioned winery festival, but I have no idea what was in it or how much.
  • dharmawrites
    dharmawrites Posts: 25 Member
    shiftynj wrote: »
    Okay, how do you log something like "chicken bruschetta taco" ... it was the "healthiest" thing I could find to eat aforementioned winery festival, but I have no idea what was in it or how much.

I pick out the ingredients as best as I can guessimate and lean towards high calories (those types of things load in the fat into their recipes, IME).

• dharmawrites
    Still plugging away here. Tracking my food intake as honestly as I can. Still going to the gym regularly. Finished 10 out of 16 work outs for Stage 1 of New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's a long program which is good and the exercises changes every few weeks (there are, I believe, 7 stages). Only a few more with these 10 exercises.
  • shiftynj

I pick out the ingredients as best as I can guessimate and lean towards high calories (those types of things load in the fat into their recipes, IME).

Okay, that is what I did. I ended up being way under today so even if I missed something I won't beat myself up, but--short of carrying a scale around and interrogating the person behind the counter--I guess that's all you can do.

Thanks!
  • rkellywhite
    rkellywhite Posts: 22 Member
    @shiftynj you're right, definitely a running them for the weekend. Played golf on Saturday but definitely made up the calories and then some that I walked off at golf on Saturday night playing with friends!
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Just got back from the UK, had 5 rather greedy days back! Fish and chips, bacon rolls, Indian curry meal, Sunday roast and copious amounts of alcohol! Five days and 3kgs on! Got that out of my system! Back to clean eating today, starting to feel better! Back to the gym on Friday after a week away.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Actually packed my ish for a move this upcoming weekend. But i also got dinner with a friend that i'm going to miss dearly. There were a lot of feels :(
  • fearthisfish42
    fearthisfish42 Posts: 26 Member
    I have the exercise thing down. I just have to adjust my eating for all the working out I am doing. Not eating the right things to fuel me during my training for the the Spirit Tri. need to work on that this weekend.
  • shiftynj
    Friend took me to a vegan restaurant for lunch yesterday... behaved myself with my entree order but succumbed to a decadent dessert (cashew pudding, who knew?) No idea what I was eating but weight is flat since yesterday, so no long term damage LOL.
  • shiftynj
    Actually packed my ish for a move this upcoming weekend. But i also got dinner with a friend that i'm going to miss dearly. There were a lot of feels :(

Change has its rewards, but it can be tough when it's happening.
  • JoeyFrappuccino
    JoeyFrappuccino Posts: 88 Member
    Friend took me to a vegan restaurant for lunch yesterday... behaved myself with my entree order but succumbed to a decadent dessert (cashew pudding, who knew?) No idea what I was eating but weight is flat since yesterday, so no long term damage LOL.

I've never had cashew pudding but cashew ice cream is crazy good. I don't think it's possible to make cashews bad, everything should be cashews.
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    I tried once making cashew milk by myself...it really was...interesting (aka disgusting)...I don't know what I did wrong :-/
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    I much prefer sunflower seed butter or coconut butter, and coconut milk, to cashew anything.
  • mandieinheels
    mandieinheels Posts: 192 Member
    no workout today, needed to sleep in. but over all lost 1.5lbs on this weeks weigh in. Oh and I tried on a dress at a store today!!!
  • dharmawrites
    I am still going here. Have been entering my eating into this place since March 31 - quite a stretch. Almost done with Stage 1 of NROL4W; rather pleased with myself for keeping with it. The scale hasn't shifted much which is annoying, and it would likely be better if I could not weigh myself so often, but it's a hard habit for me. I have lost about 3 pounds this month, which is good, I suppose, especially after it not moving much at all in April.

It seems reasonable that my body is changing given the weight training and that it might show in ways other than the scale. I have a long history of disordered thinking about weight/body stuff, sort of an eating disorder NOS type thing, so it's hard not to focus on the scale.

Just have to remember that this is a journey and it's more than just numbers on the scale or on my clothes.