TheBigDirection

Options

Replies

• TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Congratulations on the walking. I did not feel like walking until this year. Even then I start to feel it after a little bit.

It was difficult for me too. During each lap I was telling myself I'm just doing four laps. By time I finished the fourth I decided I might as well do five. And then when I finished my fifth, I was tired, but did the sixth anyways.

Awesome job with the 6 laps!! You are so close to that mile, keep moving;)

Thank you! Hopefully I'll get that mile in a week!
    WTG Ricky! Hope the soreness subsides. I was just thinking ahead...when you get to your weight-loss goal, you an sew together clips of you coming around the back of that shed...and each time, use a different video where you lose 10 pounds per lap (time-lapsed video) ! Wouldn't that be nice if it were that quick. Then again, if it were that quick, we might not learn all the lessons that we're supposed to along the way. Plus, if it were that quick, we'd probably be more likely to fall off the wagon. So...although it takes time, maybe that's actually a good thing.
    Take care, Val

That's actually a pretty cool idea. Unfortunately I'm unable to keep the unedited footage due to limited space, but I do have all the finished ones. So I might be able to make something work.
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I take a probiotic capsule (there is a lot of research about the types of bacteria that should be in our gut and how the sugary, fatty, processed crap feeds the bad bacteria and kills off the good. I'll have to Google and read up on this fermented cabbage thing. Take care, Val
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I have caught up on your videos. They are always wonderful to watch and I love the music you usually use. I hope your hurting has lessened. I think Bonnie did not walk because she was so focused on her ball! Bless you for playing! And walking thru the pain! You are very lucky to have your videos of everyone, I am sure you cherish them and rightly so! Your Mom and Grandparents seem very special! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did you make your own fermented cabbage? If so could you post the recipe? Thanks.
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    I have caught up on your videos. They are always wonderful to watch and I love the music you usually use. I hope your hurting has lessened. I think Bonnie did not walk because she was so focused on her ball! Bless you for playing! And walking thru the pain! You are very lucky to have your videos of everyone, I am sure you cherish them and rightly so! Your Mom and Grandparents seem very special! Thanks for sharing! :)

The pain has passed for now. It just comes and goes. Hopefully I won't have to worry about it once I lose the weight.

mslesam wrote: »
    Did you make your own fermented cabbage? If so could you post the recipe? Thanks.

I helped my Aunt make it. I couldn't record the process at the time. But the next batch I make I will definitely have the camera ;)
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    I Came, I Struggled, I'm Tired!

• Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Great job! Stay strong
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That was supposed to be great job on your exercise. I can't delete the quotes from the past. Sorry
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Great job! Stay strong

Thanks!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Good for you for sticking with it. You've got some moves there, Ricky...with those windmill things, you had style!

Have you tried breaking up your exercise...like 4 laps in the morning. Then another 3 laps in the evening? That approach has helped me do more each day...without dying all at once.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    great job sticking with it and not giving up Ricky :)
    Have you tried breaking up your exercise...like 4 laps in the morning. Then another 3 laps in the evening? That approach has helped me do more each day...without dying all at once.
    i do the same sometimes depending on what my pain levels are. figure if i can make them smaller bites they're a bit more palatable :)

~kel
  • TheBigDirection
    Options

I thought about it, but decided to just get it all done early in the morning (7ish), work up a good sweat, then take a refreshing shower and go about my day.
    great job sticking with it and not giving up Ricky :)

i do the same sometimes depending on what my pain levels are. figure if i can make them smaller bites they're a bit more palatable :)
    Thanks!

Yeah it's all about what works for you. If breaking it up into smaller workout sessions makes it more bearable, then more power to ya! ;)
  • kayakqueen53
    kayakqueen53 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ricky. I am so proud of you for coming back to Nutrisystem. Your family sounds awesome. You are so fortunate that they are supporting you in your weight loss journey.

I have gained weight, too, from too much comfort food and indolence. When work gets stressful or family members get sick (or pass away), I tend to eat a lot of things that I should not. I found myself last fall weighing more than I ever had. When my husband and I went to Kauai in September, we took a helicopter ride around the island. We had to weigh in before takeoff. I gave a big sigh before climbing on the scales. My husband didn't say anything but he knew I was very sad and embarrassed.

It was only after years of dieting and yo yo dieting that I came to Nutrisystem. I've had a weight problem since I was 11 years old. I've tried just about every program there is. I know that whatever program I follow, I must decide to make a permanent change. So I'm taking this journey one step at a time.

Keep up the positive attitude and good work!
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Hi, Ricky. I am so proud of you for coming back to Nutrisystem. Your family sounds awesome. You are so fortunate that they are supporting you in your weight loss journey.

I have gained weight, too, from too much comfort food and indolence. When work gets stressful or family members get sick (or pass away), I tend to eat a lot of things that I should not. I found myself last fall weighing more than I ever had. When my husband and I went to Kauai in September, we took a helicopter ride around the island. We had to weigh in before takeoff. I gave a big sigh before climbing on the scales. My husband didn't say anything but he knew I was very sad and embarrassed.

It was only after years of dieting and yo yo dieting that I came to Nutrisystem. I've had a weight problem since I was 11 years old. I've tried just about every program there is. I know that whatever program I follow, I must decide to make a permanent change. So I'm taking this journey one step at a time.

Keep up the positive attitude and good work!

Thank you!

I've tried just about every big name diet there is but I've been on Nutrisystem the longest. They really do make the meal decisions easy for you.

I've had a weight problem my whole life too. I remember when I was about 10 years old, my mom cried because I ate two Totino's Frozen Pizzas for dinner.

So to completely change my eating habit like I did is something pretty big for me (no pun intended lol)
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

So apparently I am not caught up on your videos! I just love to watch them, they are even better when I have a few to watch!! Glad you rested. People need to do that to jump start their metabolism when exercising, not just when eating. Tired is great, not hurting! Great call! You should try some Tai Chi, it would be good for stretching before hand which is important. Most moves are not difficult, just strengthening. :)

The sauerkraut works! So does kimchi (kimche?) from Korea. It is fermented cabbage a little different from sauerkraut. It can be found in many grocery stores now by the salad stuff. Comes in mild to hot, and can be homemade. The longer it sits, the spicier it gets. Keeps forever, almost! Pickles are also good to cut down on sweet cravings. They re-adjust your palette. I save the juice from the jar, and put in green or colored peppers, cucumbers, and cauliflower and onions. nice snack with salad or meat/ poultry protein. Who knew! Jan :#
    P.S. make sure you take a video of you walking when the cleanse hits! Bet it will be even faster than your pretty quick rate- LOL!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    And you can cook too???? Ricky, you got it all.
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    P.S. make sure you take a video of you walking when the cleanse hits! Bet it will be even faster than your pretty quick rate- LOL!

LOL, that'd make one heck of a video :D
    And you can cook too???? Ricky, you got it all.

I'm a jack of all trades! ;)