Anyone fancy a June accountability challenge?

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    6/3-just get through the day calmly, no matter what comes my way. Vague, I know.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Hope you have a nice calm day @zcb94 . Have you decided in your new goal?

I have done exercise everyday so far, but a 5am run was hard work this morning! I'm still not quite in the right routine and can't sleep any earlier than 11, but that's too late for getting up at 5. I need to be asleep by 10 really, which I'm sure I can do tonight as I'm exhausted!
  • sinister2014
    sinister2014 Posts: 92 Member
    June goals
    run 100 miles
    1000 pushups
    500 ab rolls
    500 pullups
  • zcb94
    Hope you have a nice calm day @zcb94 . Have you decided in your new goal?

I have done exercise everyday so far, but a 5am run was hard work this morning! I'm still not quite in the right routine and can't sleep any earlier than 11, but that's too late for getting up at 5. I need to be asleep by 10 really, which I'm sure I can do tonight as I'm exhausted!

Awesome! No, not really. I'd love to try a thousand healthy goals: drink more H2O (tea, etc.), stretch more, meditate in accordance w/ my belief system, etc. Where to start!?
  • FitnessasmyWitness
    FitnessasmyWitness Posts: 67 Member
    June goals
    run 100 miles
    1000 pushups
    500 ab rolls
    500 pullups

Mother of pearl. Are you a man? I mean that seriously- cause I know how insanely hard it is for a woman to do pullups due to the muscle layout.

If you're a woman... MORE FREAKING POWER TO YA! If you're a man, also fantastic.
  • sinister2014
    sinister2014 Posts: 92 Member
    June goals
    run 100 miles
    1000 pushups
    500 ab rolls
    500 pullups

Mother of pearl. Are you a man? I mean that seriously- cause I know how insanely hard it is for a woman to do pullups due to the muscle layout.

If you're a woman... MORE FREAKING POWER TO YA! If you're a man, also fantastic.

just to clarify i am a guy. i can do about 8 or 9 pullups for set #1. then i usually do sets of 5 or 6 reps. i just picked a number. i'll probably do more. but posting this will keep me from slacking off on them.
  • zcb94
    6/4- get thru one more Dr.'s appointment w/out losing my marbles, LOL!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 wrote: »
    6/4- get thru one more Dr.'s appointment w/out losing my marbles, LOL!
    Mission accomplished, although I did end up sore and minus a little bit of my nail polish. Oopsy! :ohwell:
  • zcb94
    6/5-drink more fluids.
  • louubelle16
    I haven't exercised today, but I've been so tired from work I fell asleep on the sofa as soon as I got home. I'm now getting ready for bed at 8:30 on a Friday... Rock and roll or what?!

Will make today my rest day instead of tomorrow and do a couple of runs this weekend. Problem solved :) should make my 75km target this month!
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    Oh hey I'm super late but I think I'll join up!

My June goals are to...

[ ] Run Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday mornings
    [ ] Start StrongLifts (has to wait until I get my ID card but AS SOON AS I DO)
    [ ] Buy and USE a water bottle

Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Haha.

Ha.
  • zcb94
    6/5-drink more fluids.
    Oops, I forgot to check back in! That went well, I finished 1/2 sports bottle of tea. Yumm!
    Today I need to learn to manage pain a little better than I normally do.
  • zcb94
    Ok, that was a flop. No real pain arrived for me to manage, although chronic flareups are normal for me. That's good, I guess.
  • zcb94
    6/7-manage stress/anger healthfully.
  • louubelle16
    Ran another 5km (my fastest since being injured!) at the weekend but that's all I did. I felt completely exhausted, I think maybe I ate too little last week as a big burger seemed to fix me right up! So back to it today, hooping and some home fitness, then running again tomorrow :) buying new running shoes tonight, yay!
  • zcb94
    I did that. Now to stretch a little bit today.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    Monday of running a complete, no small thanks to this group! I said I'd do it but my alarm was too soft with the fans on. Good thing I spelt through it on an early day! But rather than giving up on my run I just ran after work. Thanks invisible pressure monkeys!
  • zcb94
    I did that. Now to stretch a little bit today.
    No formal stretching accomplished but I fidgeted a little, so that helped. I'll just go ahead and post, before I forget, my goal tomorrow to do something about my constant illness-induced blues as of late. Wish me luck!
  • zcb94
    6/9-like I said yesterday, deal with the gray cloud above my head lately.
  • louubelle16
    I have shin splints again (only the very slight ache at the moment, it's not really pain yet) so I'm stuck resting for a week. Just as I was getting good again, can't believe it! I've been so good to rehab after my last set of injuries :'( I'm hoping that I've caught it early this time and a week off will be enough. Grrrrr!
  • zcb94
    edited June 2015
    While not fully dissolved/away from me, I did get it to shrink a lot by chatting with family and doctor, and getting out into the sun intermittently. That's good news!
    I guess today's goal should be a continuation of that.

Sorry to hear that, Louubelle! :flowerforyou:
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Is it too late to join for the June challenge?
    My goals are to:
    1. Not snack after 9 pm.
    2. Not snack in between meals. (Do you see a pattern developing??)
    3. Try to walk at least 5,000 steps a day.

I have been trying to work on these goals for the last couple months, but it isn't working very well, hoping that posting on here will help keep me more accountable.
  • zcb94
    While not fully dissolved/away from me, I did get it to shrink a lot by chatting with family and doctor, and getting out into the sun intermittently. That's good news!
    I guess today's goal should be a continuation of that.

Sorry to hear that, Louubelle! :flowerforyou:
    Ugh. Fail! In fact, I think I feel worse. Stupid summertime blues!
  • louubelle16

Not a fail, it did lift for a bit! Don't beat yourself up :)

So I'm going back to it today, some light jogging with the kids (I'm a primary school teacher and we have cross country running today) and then some elliptical at the gym this evening. Got to earn some extra calories for the weekend!!

• C1C2C3
    Was about 1,200 steps shy of my goal but did not snack at all in between meals or after 9 pm. While I'm happy about that, I know myself all too well...the first day is always good...if two weeks from now I can say I haven't snacked in between meals, then I will be really happy!!

Zcb94: I greatly admire how you are trying to keep positive in a trying situation! Keep it up! :-)

Louubelle16: Hope your shin splints heal quickly! Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Go for those extra calories! :-)
  • zcb94

Not a fail, it did lift for a bit! Don't beat yourself up :)

You've got a point there. Still, illness as severe as mine was, combined with West Texas heat, will pop even the biggest joy-baloon!
    What're you up to that would require extra calorie room? Sounds like fun!
  • zcb94
    6/11-get thru home wound-care, stay cool despite the pre-summer heat wave we're having.
  • zcb94
    Man, I keep forgetting to check in before bed! :ohwell: Yesterday was pretty much a success, as I beat the heat. Today, I realize that I should draw nearer to the best Source of joy, spending the day in praise of my God.
  • C1C2C3
    edited June 2015
    Yesterday only got around 2,300 steps in yesterday. :( I have an desk job so trying to get in 5,000 steps is a challenge! No snacking after 9. :) I did have one extra snack than I normally do, but I didn't raiding the fridge or pantry for anything in sight, so I'm ok with it.
    Man, I keep forgetting to check in before bed! :ohwell: Yesterday was pretty much a success, as I beat the heat.
    Glad you had a successful day yesterday! :)
    Today, I realize that I should draw nearer to the best Source of joy, spending the day in praise of my God.
    Always a good idea! :) "I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth" Psalm 34:1 There are so many things to praise God for!

• zcb94
    Today, I realize that I should draw nearer to the best Source of joy, spending the day in praise of my God.
    Got distracted from formal worship but, overall, mission accomplished, especially when a great rain rehydrated us and left this gorgeous almost-double-rainbow:t3dz0xpu3wnz.jpg