Anyone fancy a June accountability challenge?

Options

Replies

• louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    So, it's June everyone! If we assume our fall targets to need beating on or before 1st September, we need to get cracking as we only have 3 more months! If you're joining the challenge, let's post here and cheer each other on for the next month.

My update for today: 5km run done (5km in total for the month), daily exercise done, weight not checked again until Saturday :)
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    6/1 goals: get ready for a week of appointments, fit in a little stretching.

Will check back in tonight!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Today is the first day of June, ya'll! How is everyone doing?

My birthday is tomorrow which means I will get taken out for lunch and dessert at work. I have put down a place that makes a salad that I love, but it's 1500 calories, so I am about to (with my smaller jeans in mind) change my plans and put down a place that has choices that I also like, but that are much, much healthier.
  • lauragrafhamknapp
    lauragrafhamknapp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job, @snarlingcoyote !!

I'm down! My goal for this week: To continue the "not-eating-after dinner" rule. I faltered a bit the last couple of weeks--think I had a bite or two of something 3 nights in the last couple weeks. But my weight is down, so I think it's working!!!
  • jillychase
    jillychase Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Excited to be in this group!
    My goals
    1) complete the blogilates 2.0 beginners calendar
    2) Complete body weight strength training 3 days a week
    3) Run 10 miles a week
  • zcb94
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    6/1 goals: get ready for a week of appointments, fit in a little stretching.

Will check back in tonight!
    Ok, so I'm set up for the rest of the week but didn't fit in much stretching, although I ended up fidgeting/rolling a lot. Had a wound nurse pop up in the middle but made it through that. Our schedule is figured out, and my sweet friend pampered the bejeezuss (I know, language. Sorry!) out of me in prep for a series of Dr. meetings. We're talking massage, hair & nail work, whole nine! Overall, a fine start to living a day at a time!
  • louubelle16
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is off to a great start!

@zcb94 - your day sounds like a very good start! You must be super relaxed :)

@lauragrafhamknapp, I wish I could do that but I've just accepted the fact that I need something in the evening! Good luck to you :)

@snarlingcoyote, I'm impressed you managed to stay so good on your birthday! I couldn't do it!
  • zcb94
    Options
    Believe me, I am!
    6/2-get thru Dr. appt, stretch for a while.
  • lauragrafhamknapp
    lauragrafhamknapp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jillychase wrote: »
    Excited to be in this group!
    My goals
    1) complete the blogilates 2.0 beginners calendar
    2) Complete body weight strength training 3 days a week
    3) Run 10 miles a week

@jillychase how are you breaking up the 10 miles a week? That amout of running I think I could do.

Also, what is blogilates? never heard of it!

• zcb94
    Options
    6/2-get thru Dr. appt, stretch for a while.
    Barely survived my appointment, got in a lot of movement while getting ready, in and out of my wheelchair, but no true, intentional exercise or stretching. I'll be rethinking my healthy plan of working out a bit every day, it seems. :disappointed:
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/3-just get through the day calmly, no matter what comes my way. Vague, I know.
  • louubelle16
    Options
    Hope you have a nice calm day @zcb94 . Have you decided in your new goal?

I have done exercise everyday so far, but a 5am run was hard work this morning! I'm still not quite in the right routine and can't sleep any earlier than 11, but that's too late for getting up at 5. I need to be asleep by 10 really, which I'm sure I can do tonight as I'm exhausted!
  • sinister2014
    sinister2014 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    June goals
    run 100 miles
    1000 pushups
    500 ab rolls
    500 pullups
  • zcb94
    Options
    Hope you have a nice calm day @zcb94 . Have you decided in your new goal?

I have done exercise everyday so far, but a 5am run was hard work this morning! I'm still not quite in the right routine and can't sleep any earlier than 11, but that's too late for getting up at 5. I need to be asleep by 10 really, which I'm sure I can do tonight as I'm exhausted!

Awesome! No, not really. I'd love to try a thousand healthy goals: drink more H2O (tea, etc.), stretch more, meditate in accordance w/ my belief system, etc. Where to start!?
  • FitnessasmyWitness
    FitnessasmyWitness Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    June goals
    run 100 miles
    1000 pushups
    500 ab rolls
    500 pullups

Mother of pearl. Are you a man? I mean that seriously- cause I know how insanely hard it is for a woman to do pullups due to the muscle layout.

If you're a woman... MORE FREAKING POWER TO YA! If you're a man, also fantastic.
  • sinister2014
    sinister2014 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    June goals
    run 100 miles
    1000 pushups
    500 ab rolls
    500 pullups

Mother of pearl. Are you a man? I mean that seriously- cause I know how insanely hard it is for a woman to do pullups due to the muscle layout.

If you're a woman... MORE FREAKING POWER TO YA! If you're a man, also fantastic.

just to clarify i am a guy. i can do about 8 or 9 pullups for set #1. then i usually do sets of 5 or 6 reps. i just picked a number. i'll probably do more. but posting this will keep me from slacking off on them.
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/4- get thru one more Dr.'s appointment w/out losing my marbles, LOL!
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/4- get thru one more Dr.'s appointment w/out losing my marbles, LOL!
    Mission accomplished, although I did end up sore and minus a little bit of my nail polish. Oopsy! :ohwell:
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/5-drink more fluids.
  • louubelle16
    Options
    I haven't exercised today, but I've been so tired from work I fell asleep on the sofa as soon as I got home. I'm now getting ready for bed at 8:30 on a Friday... Rock and roll or what?!

Will make today my rest day instead of tomorrow and do a couple of runs this weekend. Problem solved :) should make my 75km target this month!