100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi all !!

So much going on with everyone !!

Scrappin- I gave up golf too soon I guess! That is a lot of exercise! I love how you play though! We should have tried that way! keep it up!! My eyes are giving me trouble from allergies! I relate to you trying to cross stitch! fresh lettuce sounds good! I have lots of tomatoe and eggplant blossoms- need some sun today!

Sue- you are really on a roll lately! Keep it going, I may steal your mini goal idea!! Congrats!!

Jane- good to hear from you! 18 pounds is a great loss and so close to that 20 mark!!!!

Roger- So sorry to hear about your flooding. This is some crazy weather! Glad you caught it before it reached your electricals!! Heck of a way to get your exercise. Hoping you can stick to more traditional ways in the next few days! Thank goodness for wet vacs!! :)

Bev- Wonderful you are back OP. It does work, thank goodness in spite of NS other problems. I relate. I cooked for church yesterday and came home with leftovers, never a good thing! I am back OP too! This is like confession day here!

Nene-I am doing the HAPPY DANCE with you!! That is a remarkable achievement! KEEP SHAKING!!!!

Val- jealous of the swimming!!! Enjoy that vacation!!!! And keep rocking!!!

WE ARE AWESOME!!!!!! Jan <3
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Roger......I agree with Sue. Bailing water has to be an activity worth lots of calories burned. So sorry this happened to you. Good luck with the repairs.

Sue..... Welcome home my friend. We missed you but glad to have you back and getting on track. You are always a winner cause you don't quit.

"Bless my biscuits" I am under 300 at 299. Doing the happy shake, shake, shake dance! :-)

Nene so happy for you :). That's awesome!!!
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi all !!

So much going on with everyone !!

Scrappin- I gave up golf too soon I guess! That is a lot of exercise! I love how you play though! We should have tried that way! keep it up!! My eyes are giving me trouble from allergies! I relate to you trying to cross stitch! fresh lettuce sounds good! I have lots of tomatoe and eggplant blossoms- need some sun today!

Sue- you are really on a roll lately! Keep it going, I may steal your mini goal idea!! Congrats!!

Jane- good to hear from you! 18 pounds is a great loss and so close to that 20 mark!!!!

Roger- So sorry to hear about your flooding. This is some crazy weather! Glad you caught it before it reached your electricals!! Heck of a way to get your exercise. Hoping you can stick to more traditional ways in the next few days! Thank goodness for wet vacs!! :)

Bev- Wonderful you are back OP. It does work, thank goodness in spite of NS other problems. I relate. I cooked for church yesterday and came home with leftovers, never a good thing! I am back OP too! This is like confession day here!

Nene-I am doing the HAPPY DANCE with you!! That is a remarkable achievement! KEEP SHAKING!!!!

Val- jealous of the swimming!!! Enjoy that vacation!!!! And keep rocking!!!

WE ARE AWESOME!!!!!! Jan <3

For me the mini goals are working and they give me a boost. My first goal was the 10 lbs mark which is quite a success, then I had another goal of staying on track for a month and I did...and so on....25 lb. was another goal...now to get under 200 lbs. which I am soooo close lol...I can see the mark!!

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Nene - welcome to TWOterville!!! Great accomplishment.

Roger - sorry about your flooded basement.

Jan - thanks. So far so good! I'll post some pics on the weekend.

Hi everyone!

Universal Studios says they offer healthy choices...I found a salad bar, i got 2.5 cups spinach n 0.5 cups lettuce (everything else was high cal: potato salad, cole slaw, bacon, cheese, dressings). My kid got a plain hamburger...so I made it double meat and took a patty. After squeezing out the butter n fat (10 napkins!) I feasted on my burger & greens! I really miss having control of my food options, but I think I'm doing pretty well here. We got another order of plain veggies... Each time the chef comes out to ask if we want butter (no), oil (no), salt (no thank you...just plain). W this order, Em ate 1/2 before I even got to it. I love that my kid loves veggies!
  • mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all

Had a great weekend with my boyfriend, went to see San Andreas in IMAX 3D, it was a great movie. Saturday ate out lunch and dinner and I did really well, made good choices. Then Sunday morning came around lol. We went to Denny's and I apparently lost my mind! Looked up what I ate afterwards and it was more than the days calorie intake. Oh well.

The abscess is finally healing! I cancelled the surgeon appointment I had because all of a sudden something is working and it has shrunk by over half and I don't have any more pain! Yay.

Hope everyone is well.

Lesa
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's all them healing prayers, Lesa. Good for you. So glad it's not hurting.

Have a good night, y'all.
  • suegen1
    Options

Hi everyone!

Universal Studios says they offer healthy choices...I found a salad bar, i got 2.5 cups spinach n 0.5 cups lettuce (everything else was high cal: potato salad, cole slaw, bacon, cheese, dressings). My kid got a plain hamburger...so I made it double meat and took a patty. After squeezing out the butter n fat (10 napkins!) I feasted on my burger & greens! I really miss having control of my food options, but I think I'm doing pretty well here. We got another order of plain veggies... Each time the chef comes out to ask if we want butter (no), oil (no), salt (no thank you...just plain). W this order, Em ate 1/2 before I even got to it. I love that my kid loves veggies!

Really proud of you Val :)....stay strong and enjoy your vacation :).

mslesam wrote: »
    Hi y'all

Had a great weekend with my boyfriend, went to see San Andreas in IMAX 3D, it was a great movie. Saturday ate out lunch and dinner and I did really well, made good choices. Then Sunday morning came around lol. We went to Denny's and I apparently lost my mind! Looked up what I ate afterwards and it was more than the days calorie intake. Oh well.

The abscess is finally healing! I cancelled the surgeon appointment I had because all of a sudden something is working and it has shrunk by over half and I don't have any more pain! Yay.

Hope everyone is well.

Lesa

Lesa, that is wonderful that the abscess is finally healing. I am happy for you.!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    It has been off and on rainy as well as cool in the 50s for the last two days, But I got some walking in anyway 1 mile+ each day.
    Have a Good Day
    Roger
    5mates wrote: »
    Roger - so sorry to hear about your flooding. Can you consider bailing water an activity to record? :wink:
    OK NS buddies - I need to confess. I apparently was on a hiatus from the program for the last several weeks because I did not log weight, journal food etc. or log into this discussion group. And the scale shows it - up about 5 lbs. I'm back in the saddle again and appreciate you all being here to hear my confession and to help me stay focused. I need this program like many of you and I know it works. But the biggest component to my success is my mindset. I wish you all a happy and healthy, on program week!
    Bev

Hi Bev
    I got it under control and everything is back to dry as a bone too. Whatever I did not get vacuumed up was dried out by afternoon. I put a blue tarp over the damaged Window Well Cover and weighted it down with bricks. I need to get out to Lowes and buy a new Window Well Cover.

I do not think running up and down the stairs from the basement to get the Wet Dry shop vac and using it counts as an activity :)

Cheers
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Oh my Roger :(. I am sorry to hear all of that and it seems like you had as much rain as we did during the past weeks. I am glad that you were able to take care of the issue before it hit your water heater and such.

We finally got a break from all the rain and it doesn't look like that we get anything till next week.

Have a great week everybody!

Hi Sue
    It looks like the rains should stop by tonight and resume for the weekend :(

Cheers
    Roger
    Roger......I agree with Sue. Bailing water has to be an activity worth lots of calories burned. So sorry this happened to you. Good luck with the repairs.

Sue..... Welcome home my friend. We missed you but glad to have you back and getting on track. You are always a winner cause you don't quit.

"Bless my biscuits" I am under 300 at 299. Doing the happy shake, shake, shake dance! :-)

Hi Nene
    You reminded me of this :)
    Hippy Hippy Shakes - The Swinging Blue Jeans
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ke8mzgex4U

Congratulations on Your achievement rdb.gif

Cheers
    Roger
    mslesam wrote: »
    Hi y'all

Hope everyone is well.

Lesa

Hi Lesa
    I have done that in the past, it Happens :)
    on the Plus side You enjoyed the movie.

Congratulations on the healing!

Cheers
    Roger

Hi everyone!

Hi Val
    It is truly amazing how much fat can be removed from a burger if You try :)

It sounds as if You are having a great time too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself. In the beginning I said I wouldn't exercise until I lost 50 or so, but I just got done walking 3 laps of the Quad for a total of 22 minutes. Man! I am outta shape. Bad! I'm so outta breath. I plan on doing this to start out for 3 days a week while here at work. Will work myself up to all 5 days as it gets easier. I can't walk the road at my house. I live in the country and between the cyclists, cars and trucks all speeding along, I would end up in the ditch more often than not so not gonna even try. lol I know it would be more exercise but I'm not going to get killed while trying to lose weight. lol
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Big giggles! Thank you Roger I now have a new theme song "the hippy hippy shakes" by the swinging blue jeans.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Nene- great news on the healing! Hope that continued.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Terri70 wrote: »
    I'm proud of myself. In the beginning I said I wouldn't exercise until I lost 50 or so, but I just got done walking 3 laps of the Quad for a total of 22 minutes. Man! I am outta shape. Bad! I'm so outta breath. I plan on doing this to start out for 3 days a week while here at work. Will work myself up to all 5 days as it gets easier. I can't walk the road at my house. I live in the country and between the cyclists, cars and trucks all speeding along, I would end up in the ditch more often than not so not gonna even try. lol I know it would be more exercise but I'm not going to get killed while trying to lose weight. lol

Hi Terri
    I could not walk through the supermarket without stopping when I started this weight loss journey, Now I'm not the fastest thing on two legs but I am walking over a mile, mile and a half a day, depending on weather.

Yup, You sure do not want to kill Yourself getting healthy :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Big giggles! Thank you Roger I now have a new theme song "the hippy hippy shakes" by the swinging blue jeans.

Hi Nene
    It's funny how sometimes things just pop into Your head:)
    Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have been AWOL from the MFP boards, so busy. Next week I'm going to FL on AMTRAK to see my mom (who had a bad stroke in Dec. right after moving there to live with my brother--she's now in a nursing home). I decided to treat myself and get a *roomette* on the way down there (own *room* turn down service, and free meals! (breakfast and lunch, I'm assuming). It's a 21 hour ride. I wanted to have the experience. I worry a little about my food plan when I get there, but the good news is my brother (I'm staying w/him) is a health nut (he used to be diabetic and obese). So all he has around the house is vegetables and tuna packets. When I was there in Jan. (not dieting) we had to go out and buy groceries. I'm bringing some of my NS meals with me and might have him take me to Walmart to buy one of those kits.
    52750196.png
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Lisa, hope you have a pleasant journey. Train sounds rather fun. Sorry about your mothers stroke. Glad that your brother's healthy lifestyle will make it easier for you to keep on track! Take care, Val
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all! WI indicates that 2.6 lbs from Memorial day are GONE! Yahoo - now I never want to see them Again :smile: Haven't figured out how to get my weight stuff on the ticker yet. I followed the instructions but alas it does not show up. Hope everyone is having a good Friday!
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Lisa - enjoy your train ride. We took one from CLE to NYC way back when - interesting. Then we took a steam train from OH to Pittsburgh - also fun, but messy - coal in our hair - and slow - heat kept shutting down sensors on track and train had to stop and start.

Lesa - kratz on abscess finally being on the mend!

Roger - sorry about the basement - always something, huh.

Hoping to go fishing tomorrow - finally. On the agenda for the past few days but didn't work out.

Happy weekend.

• suegen1
    Options
    Good morning everybody...sorry for being absent a bit but was a busy week whew...nevertheless I stayed on track :). I have another birthday party of my daughters friend to survive today but following the same concept then last time I hope to be successful.

Scrappin I hope you went fishing and you had loads of fun lol.

I hope everybody is doing well!! Have a great weekend ya'll.

Sue
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    It was rainy earlier this morning, I Woke up in the night around 4:45, heard the rain and rolled back over. Then When we were doing yard work it spritzed a little and Quit, Did two runs to the Recycle Center. 1st Trip we decided to recycle old paint cans and such so that led to a 2nd trip after a quick go through the Shed and basement.

Then I had my Brother drop me off after the 2nd Recycle Center run at McDonalds. I Picked up a Large Seltzer Water there for the walk back home. Mile and a Quarter walk back from McDs. Done for the day as my knees were barking at me between the yard work, Recycle Center and the walk back.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    5mates wrote: »
    Happy Friday all! WI indicates that 2.6 lbs from Memorial day are GONE! Yahoo - now I never want to see them Again :smile: Haven't figured out how to get my weight stuff on the ticker yet. I followed the instructions but alas it does not show up. Hope everyone is having a good Friday!

HI

Congratulations on getting rid of that unwanted leftover from the Holiday. :)

I created the Signature Ticker here and saved the URL in a wordpad document that I can copy and paste from. You can see how it works in my signature below. They say that the Ticker being in messages should be fixed in the future improvements. I just open the document, then type Ctrl A to select all, Ctrl C to copy and Ctrl V to paste into messages.

Cheers
    Roger
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL

My Fitnesspal links
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group
    NS Foods for sale Posts

Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not since joining My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Roger - good idea about walking home - you go guy!

No fishing again - gorgeous, but really windy day and cold this morning. Trying again tomorrow, then car gets unpacked as we start the week with valeted appts. Here's hoping we finally get to go and enjoy the lake.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm back from vacation (Harry Potter World/Universal Orlando). It was so worth it to see my kid's face light up. The good news is I tried really hard to find healthy food; Universal claims healthy options but few n far between. Sugar and butter are available in every store n food cart. I fit in all of the rides very comfortably (I'm 216 @5'5")....room to spare! They really enforce size restrictions; they have teams of employees plucking all the larger people out of line to try the test seats to check fit. We Walked 10 miles a day (very spread out). Lots of stairs. They oversell their 'fast pass' but the single rider lines got us on rides relatively quickly.

So glad to be home w NS, veggies, n healthy protein! Worked 8 hrs today, plus 5 miles w my dogs, and gardening!

Best dinner tonight: thick crust pizza cut into 2 thin crusts (thanks Roger for that idea!!!) with a tsp of BBQ, chopped cooked chicken breast, diced onion, n diced bell pepper, and NS cheese. Healthy feast!
  • suegen1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm back from vacation (Harry Potter World/Universal Orlando). It was so worth it to see my kid's face light up. The good news is I tried really hard to find healthy food; Universal claims healthy options but few n far between. Sugar and butter are available in every store n food cart. I fit in all of the rides very comfortably (I'm 216 @5'5")....room to spare! They really enforce size restrictions; they have teams of employees plucking all the larger people out of line to try the test seats to check fit. We Walked 10 miles a day (very spread out). Lots of stairs. They oversell their 'fast pass' but the single rider lines got us on rides relatively quickly.

So glad to be home w NS, veggies, n healthy protein! Worked 8 hrs today, plus 5 miles w my dogs, and gardening!

Best dinner tonight: thick crust pizza cut into 2 thin crusts (thanks Roger for that idea!!!) with a tsp of BBQ, chopped cooked chicken breast, diced onion, n diced bell pepper, and NS cheese. Healthy feast!

I am so proud of you Val....I followed your progress during your vacation and you lost weight...that's simply amazing :). Good for you :) Congratulations on this huge success to stay on track even with all those temptations waiting on every corner.
    Roger - good idea about walking home - you go guy!

No fishing again - gorgeous, but really windy day and cold this morning. Trying again tomorrow, then car gets unpacked as we start the week with valeted appts. Here's hoping we finally get to go and enjoy the lake.

Sorry to hear that fishing didn't happen...was really hoping for you :). Lets hope it happens today!!

I went to Birthday Party of my daughters friend yesterday and was staying on track but I won't lie it was hard and so tempting. I ate my NS before I went with lots of veggies and flavored water. At that birthday party they had hamburgers, hotdogs, steak, and whatever else you can imagine...weird thing was that the cake at the end didn't really bother me....which was a plus. Anyways, I survived it and my mid goal is even closer now!! I am hoping to get below the 200 lbs. mark next week....that would be so amazing since it has been many, many years since I have been below 200 lbs. I can't even remember when that was. Sorry lol...didn't mean to blabber up a whole book :).

I am going to start to remodel my kitchen today. New coat of wood color for all the cabinets. I didn't want to replace them all as it would be too expensive so I got a whole kit which strips the cabinets of all the color and it can be repainted. A friend of mine did it a couple months back and said it was very easy. So, off I go doing that today :)..

Happy Sunday everybody!!