100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• jserv13
    jserv13 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Roger..thank you for the suggestions. I have a big old scale and I thought an electronic would be more accurate and easier for me to read. I guess I want to be sure that I am really losing weight. Feeling bummed
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Hope y'all's day is going well. Started my day out late because I had to fast for bloodwork and my appt wasn't until 9. Didn't leave there until 10:15 then had another appt that made me getting to work at 11:45. Soooooo I'm just gonna do what I can to eat what i"m supposed to without gorging myself trying to get it all in. I did eat one of those P3 snack packs between appts and a breakfast bar so that wasn't too bad.

I weighed in at my appt and I've lost 6 lbs since restarting. I could've done better if I had stayed 100% this last two weeks, but all in all I'm happy to have lost what I did. Getting back on track for the rest of the day will help.

What do y'all suggest for someone that isn't a morning eater? I find I'm having trouble forcing myself to eat anything until about 11 or 12. I usually just have a cup or two of coffee. The other two problems I have is getting all my water in and eating veggies. It's not that I don't like them, because I do. I just don't. *sigh* I so gotta get better at this than what I'm doing now.

Talk to y'all later! Have a great day!

Not sure if it's 'legal', but I find that an early morning SC and PF are easier to get down (slice of ww toast and 1T of peanut butter) and then move to my breakfast a little later in the morning. I don't like sweet food right away in the morning.
    88847432.png
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    NSV: previously, when people were mean to me, I would eat (overeat, unhealthy stuff). Granted, I cried (at home, alone w my dogs)...but I did not eat off plan!!! That is a really big former trigger of mine.

And, yes Roger...I did stand up for myself in a very polite manner...if my email were in the newspaper I would be proud of it. Well, he, um didn't see it that way and sent it to HR complaining that I'm being aggressive toward him (I'm a 50yo fat woman dog-rescuer, and he's a 35yo fit male ice hockey player). There were no "you..." statements. I did not call him anything...the only thing I did was provide information about why I had done something, and I said "Would you please help me understand what you meant when you said...."
    The downside here, he's a manager (and in the good ol' boy network), and I'm not. However, I am one of the most productive versatile responsible employees that we have. We shall see.

But...I did not turn to food for comfort! That's MY success.
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    NSV: previously, when people were mean to me, I would eat (overeat, unhealthy stuff). Granted, I cried (at home, alone w my dogs)...but I did not eat off plan!!! That is a really big former trigger of mine.

And, yes Roger...I did stand up for myself in a very polite manner...if my email were in the newspaper I would be proud of it. Well, he, um didn't see it that way and sent it to HR complaining that I'm being aggressive toward him (I'm a 50yo fat woman dog-rescuer, and he's a 35yo fit male ice hockey player). There were no "you..." statements. I did not call him anything...the only thing I did was provide information about why I had done something, and I said "Would you please help me understand what you meant when you said...."
    The downside here, he's a manager (and in the good ol' boy network), and I'm not. However, I am one of the most productive versatile responsible employees that we have. We shall see.

Yay, Val! Way to keep your head above the fray and have victory!

• Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Hope y'all's day is going well. Started my day out late because I had to fast for bloodwork and my appt wasn't until 9. Didn't leave there until 10:15 then had another appt that made me getting to work at 11:45. Soooooo I'm just gonna do what I can to eat what i"m supposed to without gorging myself trying to get it all in. I did eat one of those P3 snack packs between appts and a breakfast bar so that wasn't too bad.

I weighed in at my appt and I've lost 6 lbs since restarting. I could've done better if I had stayed 100% this last two weeks, but all in all I'm happy to have lost what I did. Getting back on track for the rest of the day will help.

What do y'all suggest for someone that isn't a morning eater? I find I'm having trouble forcing myself to eat anything until about 11 or 12. I usually just have a cup or two of coffee. The other two problems I have is getting all my water in and eating veggies. It's not that I don't like them, because I do. I just don't. *sigh* I so gotta get better at this than what I'm doing now.

Talk to y'all later! Have a great day!

Not sure if it's 'legal', but I find that an early morning SC and PF are easier to get down (slice of ww toast and 1T of peanut butter) and then move to my breakfast a little later in the morning. I don't like sweet food right away in the morning.
    88847432.png

That sounds quick and easy. I might try it! Thanks for the suggestion.
  • jserv13
    Options
    Finally.. The scales moved..maybe it was not my scales after all! Down 1lb
  • jserv13
    Options
    Terri, thank you for the suggestion to eat the NS breakfast after the PF and SC. I always save my dessert for an hour or so later as a treat.
    Val..good for you!!
    Have a good day.
    Jane
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Thanks, Sue. It is an adjustment, I just miss her, no matter how you know it is coming. You are so good to take care of your little chihuahua! So many people do not realize the commitment! Somehow you know when it is time, and those last moments become even more precious.

It is a huge adjustment as they become a part of your family and I am sure most of use can relate at one point or the other to lose a family member. It takes a long time and we will always miss them. Since my chihuahua has those seizures I researched and talked to my Vet what I can do for her. Sadly, medication helps just to an extent.
    However, being close to her during those encounters helps a lot to make her feel safe and that she doesn't hurt herself.

• Terri70
    Options
    Well they took the boards completely down! *sigh* Gonna miss them!
  • suegen1
    Options

Likewise Terri :(. I will miss them too!

• pudgemuffin2
    pudgemuffin2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon NS buds!
    It is a bit chillier here today, but hi of 66~ ! Warmer tomorrow, but rain Friday, Sat. & Sunday! ugh. I had no idea that the boards were down already. I was going to go copy and keep some of the recipes. Oh, well. I can manage without! I don't see how we can change the font or the color of our messages either. Don't care for this as much but at least we are able to connect!

Shirl..you changed your photo, & I didn't recognize you! Great pix! I see a thinner face, & changed color of hair!? Darling. You look like a new person!!! Hope you are feeling better, & a very Happy Belated birthday! woo hoo! Same to your dh too! One of my dearest friend's birthday was the 12th too! She was 62yo. She retired 1 1/2 yrs ago so now can collect SS. ha She was thrilled. I think she gets her first check in July she said.

Roger, thanks again for setting this up for us all. It's important to me to be able to talk to you all!

Buttons...so are you Nene?? I've lost track of who you actually are???

Congrats to all the losers this week! I'm trying to get off a few more pounds myself again, so trying to stick with the principles of NS. They sent me a letter wanting me BACK!! Nope, you took away the boards, you don't get me back!! Grrrrrr.

Waving hi to all the rest of you. Have a great end of the week!
    Quote for today...''You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.'' - Margaret Thatcher

Be JOYFUL! Pudge :)
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    jserv13 wrote: »

I'm in the exact same boat. The scale wasn't moving for like 10 days. Today it finally moved!

52750196.png
  • seanjenni
    seanjenni Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Great to "see" you all today! This is the last day I have to get my mother's day binge off this body before I have to weigh in for my "Lose 5" group tomorrow....ugh...wish me luck!
  • Terri70
    Options
    Congrats to jserv13 and Lisa_in_Arlin for the scale moving! Now it'll start showing loses more regularly I bet.
    seanjenni wrote: »
    Great to "see" you all today! This is the last day I have to get my mother's day binge off this body before I have to weigh in for my "Lose 5" group tomorrow....ugh...wish me luck!
    Goodluck!!! You can do it!
  • suegen1
    Options

you can do this!!!!
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Hi Shirl, I'm sorry to hear of your health issue. You're such a lovely person! Keep taking good care of yourself. ~Val
    Good grief! You both need to be careful! It is rough being older, isn't it! Lesa have a good time at Branson! I think your eating strategy is great! You guys take care, Shirl and Lesa!

Amanda! You are definitely heart! Though it is better to be "alone" than with the wrong person. My last 20 years of "marriage" was so lonely and so rough,esp how I was working, and when he took off after 41 years with no thought of me or family, there is hard healing after that. I do understand. Jesus has become my spouse who never abandons nor disappoints. He is spouse to us all in the best sense! I know getting out is important to meeting someone, and you are on your way! Then you can find someone of quality. That is important! We aren't the same exactly, but we love you!!! <3
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Good morning everybody :), things got quite busy during the last couple days. However, nonetheless I stayed on track even though I had quite some threats right in front of me. My boss wanted to be nice as we had a very busy time during the past 3 months (I work in a print shop for the City I live in) and she ordered Pizza not even thinking about that I was on my diet. As I know myself and pizza is one of my weaknesses I told her I will take a short 10 minutes. I went to Subway and ordered a chopped veggie salad (I love, love love them) added my dressing and included the lunch I had that day. It wasn't pizza but I didn't feel like I was missing something. I have to admit it took every will power I had but I made it. I know a slice of pizza wouldn't break everything but knowing myself I would be all over that pizza so I controlled myself. Felt good I have to say!

Have a great day everybody :). I am still trying to post my ticker within my posts ....lets see how this works

38119666.png
    kath817 wrote: »
    Joined. Glad I found you. Getting upset that ns was closing boards. I was only able to make it this far with support that I read on boards. Started end of March. <3

Hi! Kath! You will like this group! Very supportive! Just nice people. :) I miss that older set up of articles built on the old site; the new one, NuMi, just does not seem geared to a personal journey, I guess NS is happy their site is now like everyone else's! I like tracking on this site. Doing both at the moment! Welcome!!
    Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers on this forum. I was so proud of myself today as my husband took me out to Mother's Day brunch buffet. They had scrambled eggs, fresh asparagus, which I loaded on my plate and sautéed zucchini, peppers and onion and. Bacon( limited to two strips) , fresh melons and the deserts were very mini cheesecakes, so I had two of them as a treat. Normally, I would have totally filled my plate without thinking. It's amazing when you look around at others plates piled high . My daughters live away from us, so it was great to visit with one yesterday and talk to the other today. I received flowers from both of them and some photos of my first grandson. A special day indeed.

I am hoping the scales have moved this week. My clothes do feel loser, so I must measure.

Val you are doing an amazing weightloss. I realized you started the same time as me and I have lost half that.
    Happy Birthday Shirley.
    Roger thank you for all the forums you have set up.
    Scrappin...I like the Ancestry.com website. I found my fathers family back to 1510 in Scotland, even though my family and I grew up in England.
    Bye to the NS site..I will keep checking on NuMi so I can gather the bears. Still using the N s site to record foos, so hope that stays.
    Have agood week everyone.
    Roger - do you have a local historical society near by? They would be interested in gene stuff. Your local library may also be interested.

Pudge - thanks for your quote - always love your quotes.

I love ancestry, right now don't have a subscription. Pulled some wrong, bad info off ancestry trees, that's why I have to start over. If another person publishes unchecked things, it can send you on a wild goose chase of people who aren't your ancestors. That's where I'm at at the moment.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. big 65 today! DH is 65 tomorrow. Got a new CPAP today - pretty cool - chipped and everything. Ran errands, got some bakery - a doz cupcakes for golf meeting tonight. Supposed to golf at 4:30 - unsure, having some breathing issues today - but I will at least show up for the meeting. Supposed to be making a bd card for dh - not into it, unfortunately - may just pick one up tonight.

Good afternoon NS buds!
    It is a bit chillier here today, but hi of 66~ ! Warmer tomorrow, but rain Friday, Sat. & Sunday! ugh. I had no idea that the boards were down already. I was going to go copy and keep some of the recipes. Oh, well. I can manage without! I don't see how we can change the font or the color of our messages either. Don't care for this as much but at least we are able to connect!

Shirl..you changed your photo, & I didn't recognize you! Great pix! I see a thinner face, & changed color of hair!? Darling. You look like a new person!!! Hope you are feeling better, & a very Happy Belated birthday! woo hoo! Same to your dh too! One of my dearest friend's birthday was the 12th too! She was 62yo. She retired 1 1/2 yrs ago so now can collect SS. ha She was thrilled. I think she gets her first check in July she said.

Roger, thanks again for setting this up for us all. It's important to me to be able to talk to you all!

Congrats to all the losers this week! I'm trying to get off a few more pounds myself again, so trying to stick with the principles of NS. They sent me a letter wanting me BACK!! Nope, you took away the boards, you don't get me back!! Grrrrrr.

Quote for today...''You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.'' - Margaret Thatcher

• Nene1125
    Options
    Hi Friends!
    Forgive me for all the above quotes. How do you post here without including a quote?

I did want to quote Pudge. Nope I am not Buttons. Although I really like to read Buttons posts.

I too got a pretty Marie O. Flyer asking me to come back. Hmmmmm I haven't left. Bless their hearts, I think they are really confused.
    Wish they had not wasted money on that promo. I too miss the boards but love this group. I am getting emails from NS this week with some really good info.

Had a funny NSV yesterday. I am currently wearing size 5x tops with size 4x pull on pants. After 50 pounds gone they are pretty baggy but I'm not ready to go to 3x. Yesterday as I was standing at the kitchen island making a sunflower butter and applesauce sandwich for my 2 year old grandson he runs up between me and the island. He gets under my size 5 x shirt and plays peek a boo and pulls me by the shirt to come play. I laughed so hard at this sweet little man. He had found a tent on Nene and was ready to play! Maybe it is time to wear the 3x shirts.

Have a great day y'all. Hugs
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    AdNil54f wrote: »

Hi
    From Here by Dietary Services on the NS forum
    http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/showthread.php?254531-Foods-substitutes-NS-for-NS
    Hi Roger,
    Here is how we make substitutions for our foods with the Day Off Guide:
    Breakfast Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Lunch Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Dinner Entree = 2 PF + 1 SC
    Dessert = 1 SC
    Since there is a range of calories within each category, you may find lunch and dinner entrees that are fairly comparable.
    Nutrition & Dietary Services

So it is OK. I think a scrambled Egg, two slices of WW Whole Wheat Toast and a Spritz of ICBINB Spray for taste might make a better PF.

Good Luck
    Roger

Hi Val
    Good For You not letting it Make You Eat off plan.
    Watch out for that Good Ol Boy network, They can defend the most ridiculous things.
    Good Luck
    Roger
    That sounds quick and easy. I might try it! Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Terri
    See My Suggestion Above. A nice Egg sandwich is one of the things I miss. OR Scrambled Eggs and Toast Also.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Terri, thank you for the suggestion to eat the NS breakfast after the PF and SC. I always save my dessert for an hour or so later as a treat.
    Val..good for you!!
    Have a good day.
    Jane

Hi Jane
    Congratulations on net letting it get to you!

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Terri
    I can still access the Old Forums in read mode via this link.
    http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/forum.php
    Does that work for You?

FWIW I miss them too even if they were slow and had idiosyncrasies.

Cheers
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Likewise Terri :(. I will miss them too!

Hi Sue
    Does the link work for You like it does for me?
    http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/forum.php

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good afternoon NS buds!

Hi Pudge
    Did You get my request for an email via a PM so I can send You the codes to make Your messages look like Your messages on the NutriSystem Forums? Do not post a email here.
    This is how they work here

I think they blew it with that letter, I got one too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Good Luck, I will think positive thought for You.
    Cheers
    Roger
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Hi Friends!
    Forgive me for all the above quotes. How do you post here without including a quote?

I did want to quote Pudge. Nope I am not Buttons. Although I really like to read Buttons posts.

I too got a pretty Marie O. Flyer asking me to come back. Hmmmmm I haven't left. Bless their hearts, I think they are really confused.
    Wish they had not wasted money on that promo. I too miss the boards but love this group. I am getting emails from NS this week with some really good info.

Had a funny NSV yesterday. I am currently wearing size 5x tops with size 4x pull on pants. After 50 pounds gone they are pretty baggy but I'm not ready to go to 3x. Yesterday as I was standing at the kitchen island making a sunflower butter and applesauce sandwich for my 2 year old grandson he runs up between me and the island. He gets under my size 5 x shirt and plays peek a boo and pulls me by the shirt to come play. I laughed so hard at this sweet little man. He had found a tent on Nene and was ready to play! Maybe it is time to wear the 3x shirts.

Have a great day y'all. Hugs

Hi Nene
    When You have quoted messages You do not want in a message, simply start highlighting starting with the opening [and the user name until you get to where it has a ] with a /quote before it. You can test using the preview button and if You made a mistake try Ctrl z to undo and try again.

I do the same type of thing when I want to clean up the message I am replying to. For example to remove my signature from a quoted message just start with the [cen and end at the /center]

Good Luck
    Roger
    Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    :)
    88672520.png
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Nene - I was cracking up about your grandson playing with the tent! How thoughtful of you to wear one so he can play! :)
  • Nene1125
    Options
    Roger.... Does all that work with an iPad ? ...remember I am your tech challenged friend. Looks like this reply is ok (without a quote) .

Val..... Thanks, he is soooooo cute.