100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi again y'all

Thank you to all of you for the kind words. I don't have some kind of monitoring system but I do keep my cell phone on me at all times, well except in the shower which is where I fainted the first time and have 4 staples in my head to show for it. I've learned since then not to bend over and stand up quickly and to change positions slowly, the change of meds seems to be helping my blood pressure is up to a respectable level today. I can't completely come off all meds because of a heart rhythm disorder I've had since I was a teenager so as the doctor and I discussed yesterday I may have to learn to adapt to what is called orthostatic hypotension which means low blood pressure when you change positions.

I was able to get out this morning to the grocery store which went well, resupplied my fruits and veggies and bought a few supplies for a weekend getaway. My boyfriend, yes I have one now, of about 3 weeks and I are going to Branson MO for the weekend. We found a room with a kitchenette so I won't have to go too far off plan while we are there. We are planning to go to Joe's Crab Shack though. The plan is to split a steampot, it's all steamed crab and shrimp with some veggies so I don't think it will be too detrimental. I figured that and a salad would be good, I've never liked dipping seafood into butter so that's not a problem. Honestly though Joe's is my favorite restaurant in the entire world so nothing is going to convince me that I shouldn't go lol.

Have a great hump day y'all.

Lesa
    88722329.png
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    lesa - that's almost scarier to me than what I'm dealing with. My BP goes really low at times - 93/46 recently - but thankfully no similar problems. Hope they can normalize you soon!

Have a coffee and dessert meeting in 1/2 hr so must be on my way - hope to stop and buy a patio umbrella on the way home. Can't tary cause my guys need the big car, as do I!

Recumbent exercise bike, can't yet navigate my male frame bike - lose my balance just trying to get on. Did recumbent bike last year during a heart rehab program - was planning on buying one and BIL/SIL gifted me their old one, which is a walk thru. Such a blessing!

Pudge - glad to see you found us!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    mslesam wrote: »
    Hi again y'all

Thank you to all of you for the kind words. I don't have some kind of monitoring system but I do keep my cell phone on me at all times, well except in the shower which is where I fainted the first time and have 4 staples in my head to show for it. I've learned since then not to bend over and stand up quickly and to change positions slowly, the change of meds seems to be helping my blood pressure is up to a respectable level today. I can't completely come off all meds because of a heart rhythm disorder I've had since I was a teenager so as the doctor and I discussed yesterday I may have to learn to adapt to what is called orthostatic hypotension which means low blood pressure when you change positions.

I was able to get out this morning to the grocery store which went well, resupplied my fruits and veggies and bought a few supplies for a weekend getaway. My boyfriend, yes I have one now, of about 3 weeks and I are going to Branson MO for the weekend. We found a room with a kitchenette so I won't have to go too far off plan while we are there. We are planning to go to Joe's Crab Shack though. The plan is to split a steampot, it's all steamed crab and shrimp with some veggies so I don't think it will be too detrimental. I figured that and a salad would be good, I've never liked dipping seafood into butter so that's not a problem. Honestly though Joe's is my favorite restaurant in the entire world so nothing is going to convince me that I shouldn't go lol.

Lesa
    88722329.png

Lesa Glad to hear the meds are helping. That is fantastic that you have a new boyfriend. I hope things go well for you and you have a lot of fun in Branson MO. I have always wanted to go but the trip alone would be no fun and very difficult for me.
    I have been single for 10 years now and it is really getting to me. I haven't been able to find anyone in that time spam that wants to be involved in a relationship with me. I know I am disabled but that is just my legs that don't work right, not my heart. I ache :'( for a relationship and pray every day that the Lord will find the right man for me. Have a wonderful time, enjoy every minute and hope you will share with us some of the details of the fun things outside of the bedroom that you did. :)

z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good grief! You both need to be careful! It is rough being older, isn't it! Lesa have a good time at Branson! I think your eating strategy is great! You guys take care, Shirl and Lesa!

Amanda! You are definitely heart! Though it is better to be "alone" than with the wrong person. My last 20 years of "marriage" was so lonely and so rough,esp how I was working, and when he took off after 41 years with no thought of me or family, there is hard healing after that. I do understand. Jesus has become my spouse who never abandons nor disappoints. He is spouse to us all in the best sense! I know getting out is important to meeting someone, and you are on your way! Then you can find someone of quality. That is important! We aren't the same exactly, but we love you!!! <3
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone and another happy day to all on Nutrisystem. NS sent me an email this morning that stated "We'd Love to Hear from You" so I thought I would share my response with you. Who knows if it will have any impact at all?

Love NutriSystem but Hate the Changes for the Community
    I have been a client since February 2014. To date I am down 75lbs and owe a third of my success to the plan itself. It's easy, convenient and the food actually does taste good. Another third of my success is due to my ability to stay focused on the goal, a stick-to-it-ness that I have not had on any other program or plan. The final third is the NS community that I have utilized throughout my journey. I participated in a message board for those who need to lose 100+ pounds. The ability to share with folks who are like me is priceless. They are there when I am celebrating scale and non-scale victories. They are there when I am frustrated by a plateau. They are there for questions. I could not accomplish my weight loss goals without them, or the food plan or my own resilience. I feel like you are taking away a third of my program by shutting down the boards. I am sure I am not alone in this - I know I am not because some of us have migrated to another site - thankfully. What I find puzzling is -why? I see no explanation yet on why you are moving everything to mobile/Facebook. Although I own a smartphone, I do not "blog" on it - I prefer to type on a full size keyboard. I also do not participate on Facebook - I find it at the least very annoying and the most confusing to use. So I ask again, why? By the looks of it, you had skads of boards so there must be tons of people who are unhappy about this. Was there a cost involved with maintaining a community on your site? I've read many comments about this "take-away" since you announced it and some people are planning to exit the program. Exit! Simply because of the value they place on the message boards to their programs. I will not do that as I have found another alternative to provide me with that third 3rd of my program. However, I hope you reconsider this at some point in the future, before you lose clients and that revenue stream.

Thanks for letting me sound off!
    Bev
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yea! I made it!~ How do you add your picture? I hope I can find my way back to this again! :) I'll really miss you guys if I can't return! :'(
    Yea! I made it!~ How do you add your picture? I hope I can find my way back to this again! :) I'll really miss you guys if I can't return! :'(

Hi Pudge
    Quick hint:

If You go to the NutriSystem Forum and create a simple on line post and then in the corner where it shows a/A click on that and all the BBCodes will show. Now save that as a text file and You can copy and paste it here to edit in the real message and it will look like Your posts do on NutriSystem.

Or just hit quote and copy from here:
    Good chilly afternoon NS buds!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Well,last week

A warm Have a great humpday!
    Quote for today...Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past, or a pioneer of the future!!" ~ Deepak Chopra
    Be JOYFUL! Pudge
    :o

To Here
    I hope this helps

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi y'all hope everyone is well.

Shirl I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope you get back to your normal soon.

I've been having a hard week this week. Had some issues with my blood pressure which lead to me blacking out and falling a couple of times which lead to a couple of minor injuries. The doctors have a plan to get my pressures back up where they are supposed to be but in the meantime I feel horrible. This has kept me off work for almost a week which I can't really afford.

But on the bright side I have stayed on my plan, with literal zero activity I haven't really been hungry so I've been coming up a little short but I figure that's probably ok since I'm not burning anything off either. I have it easier than some of you though because I live alone there isn't any junk food in the house or any food that I shouldn't eat, if there were I don't know that they would be safe.

So anyway, hope everyone is having a great week!

Lesa

88722329.png

Hi Lesa
    We had a family member who would stand up and suddenly fall and they traced it to the blood pressure dropping suddenly.

Good Luck
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.5 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    :)
    88672520.png
    a
  • mslesam
    Options
    Hi again y'all

Bev- my response to that email was very similar to yours lol.

Amanda-There are actually men out there who are supportive and kind and are looking for the person you are inside, I actually found mine on eharmony. I know some folks are against internet dating but given the crazy hours that I work I don't get out and meet new people, I don't go to bars and wouldn't want to date anyone I met in a bar anyway, so this seemed like a good option and it was. My mother actually told me to join eharmony lol, she watches entirely too much TV!.

Buttons-I'm only 47 lol!!! The doctor actually says the weight loss is what caused my blood pressure meds to work too well which caused the fainting and falling.

88722329.png
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    5mates wrote: »
    Good Morning everyone and another happy day to all on Nutrisystem. NS sent me an email this morning that stated "We'd Love to Hear from You" so I thought I would share my response with you. Who knows if it will have any impact at all?

Love NutriSystem but Hate the Changes for the Community
    I have been a client since February 2014. To date I am down 75lbs and owe a third of my success to the plan itself. It's easy, convenient and the food actually does taste good. Another third of my success is due to my ability to stay focused on the goal, a stick-to-it-ness that I have not had on any other program or plan. The final third is the NS community that I have utilized throughout my journey. I participated in a message board for those who need to lose 100+ pounds. The ability to share with folks who are like me is priceless. They are there when I am celebrating scale and non-scale victories. They are there when I am frustrated by a plateau. They are there for questions. I could not accomplish my weight loss goals without them, or the food plan or my own resilience. I feel like you are taking away a third of my program by shutting down the boards. I am sure I am not alone in this - I know I am not because some of us have migrated to another site - thankfully. What I find puzzling is -why? I see no explanation yet on why you are moving everything to mobile/Facebook. Although I own a smartphone, I do not "blog" on it - I prefer to type on a full size keyboard. I also do not participate on Facebook - I find it at the least very annoying and the most confusing to use. So I ask again, why? By the looks of it, you had skads of boards so there must be tons of people who are unhappy about this. Was there a cost involved with maintaining a community on your site? I've read many comments about this "take-away" since you announced it and some people are planning to exit the program. Exit! Simply because of the value they place on the message boards to their programs. I will not do that as I have found another alternative to provide me with that third 3rd of my program. However, I hope you reconsider this at some point in the future, before you lose clients and that revenue stream.

Thanks for letting me sound off!
    Bev
    Well said!
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    Hi again y'all

Lesa
    88722329.png

Lesa Glad to hear the meds are helping. That is fantastic that you have a new boyfriend. I hope things go well for you and you have a lot of fun in Branson MO. I have always wanted to go but the trip alone would be no fun and very difficult for me.
    I have been single for 10 years now and it is really getting to me. I haven't been able to find anyone in that time spam that wants to be involved in a relationship with me. I know I am disabled but that is just my legs that don't work right, not my heart. I ache :'( for a relationship and pray every day that the Lord will find the right man for me. Have a wonderful time, enjoy every minute and hope you will share with us some of the details of the fun things outside of the bedroom that you did. :)

z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good grief! You both need to be careful! It is rough being older, isn't it! Lesa have a good time at Branson! I think your eating strategy is great! You guys take care, Shirl and Lesa!

Amanda! You are definitely heart! Though it is better to be "alone" than with the wrong person. My last 20 years of "marriage" was so lonely and so rough,esp how I was working, and when he took off after 41 years with no thought of me or family, there is hard healing after that. I do understand. Jesus has become my spouse who never abandons nor disappoints. He is spouse to us all in the best sense! I know getting out is important to meeting someone, and you are on your way! Then you can find someone of quality. That is important! We aren't the same exactly, but we love you!!! <3

I'm sorry, ladies, for your sadness and share your loneliness in a different way - after 40 years (this month) I've seen some possible dementia or something going on the last few years - really cruel comments and name-calling, inappropriate things said while socializing, an inability to follow conversations, and memory challenges that turn into accusations that I'm trying to make him look bad and make people (including our children) hate him. There's no definite diagnosis other than old PTSD issues from Viet Nam that we've always dealt with so it's really tough to try to figure out where this is all coming from. I have to say that I'm glad the last child will be moving out to live with his brother and go to college next month so he can get some space from some of these tough things going on here at home. I, too, seek my strength in Jesus and often struggle to know how to deal with this. Not meaning to be a downer, just want to sympathize and let you know I understand how tough life can be sometimes.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    On the day my younger daughter was born (now 12 years), she had severe issues w an APGAR of 1 after 10 minutes. When they took her out of the delivery room, I saw the dead baby (blue, limp, silent). For 8 hours I was alone dealing with her death. No nurse or doc even checked on me. (There was a good football game that night!) Later that morning, my friend came to visit. She told me the baby was alive. I was fundamentally confused. I knew what I saw and heard. But I knew Karen wouldn't lie to me. She helped me get to the ICU. I recognized Em (plus, no other babies that night). Then, my husband came in and gave me a choice: abandon the baby in the hospital or he would leave me. We planned her, and made her on purpose. He never mentioned a thing during the pregnancy. She was born 6 weeks early. I didn't even know if she would live; at that point, she was unable to eat and continually vomiting blood. I told him I won't abandon my child. He moved out a couple hours later...leaving my 12yo home alone! She called the hospital. I called Karen. Karen watched my 12yo until I was released. Then (yes, more) I discovered he emptied out our joint checking and savings accounts. So, I divorced him.

I've tried dating a couple times in the subsequent 12 years. I have found many men who lie. I've found many that think they can treat an overweight woman badly and she'll just take it. Um, no. The last one kept insisting that if a woman says "No" she really wants the man to push harder and force her. (This was not about sex.) I told him that it is quite possible that some women have that distortion, but I can personally assure you that I DO NOT. He kept insisting. That's all she wrote! He did finally realize that when I say NO, I really do mean it.

Since society has such an ignorant prejudice about overweight people, I'm wondering if my weight loss will change who is interested. But...that actually makes me angry...I'm just as loveable with extra weight or not. I'm not in any hurry. I'll cross those bridges as I get to them (IF I get to them). I'm 50.
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for sharing your struggles - my heart goes out to each of you and the pain you've felt and probably still occasionally recall. We're here to help each other, any way needed.

Bev - excellent letter!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Well, dang Lesa, you are just a spring chicken! I really meant more like we aren't in our twenties, and health usually goes downhill somewhat! I don't feel like almost 62, I think because the last 2 decades were just a blur. Seeming to last but too quick to count.

I am just blown away and humbled by this column. You all are such beautiful, strong, courageous women. So many different struggles that were met by sweet and sensitive souls: no wonder we eat for comfort and because of stress! None of these things are easily dealt with, be it our loneliness, ptsd, or abandonment and a lack of true character in such an unbelievable crisis by others. But there is sure something in surviving- and we are all that! And I think we know things can change and be better and we can be healthy and happier- it just requires a little work, dedication and heart! I do not think any of you all are in short supply of that! Got to ask a special blessing for all of us. We are all pretty special!

Bev, your letter could not have been more timely nor important! <3 Jan
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! Day 10 for me back at it. Things are rough but I think I can handle it. Y'all are such an inspiration to me. Thanks for being here when I need to read about others. It really helps. I know I'm not a vocal person but I'm here non the less! Have a great day everyone!
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody :), things got quite busy during the last couple days. However, nonetheless I stayed on track even though I had quite some threats right in front of me. My boss wanted to be nice as we had a very busy time during the past 3 months (I work in a print shop for the City I live in) and she ordered Pizza not even thinking about that I was on my diet. As I know myself and pizza is one of my weaknesses I told her I will take a short 10 minutes. I went to Subway and ordered a chopped veggie salad (I love, love love them) added my dressing and included the lunch I had that day. It wasn't pizza but I didn't feel like I was missing something. I have to admit it took every will power I had but I made it. I know a slice of pizza wouldn't break everything but knowing myself I would be all over that pizza so I controlled myself. Felt good I have to say!

Have a great day everybody :). I am still trying to post my ticker within my posts ....lets see how this works

38119666.png
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty good. Getting up this morning was hard but once I did I felt great. I've slipped several times in the last week. Either too busy to eat and then cram everything that I can or just plain laziness. BUT I'm back on track with plans to stay that way. You know, I thought working at 7-11 was going to be my diet-downfall but really I'm just using that as an excuse. IF I pack everything that I need for the night there is none (excuses). My problem is that I get busy and forget to eat. Then I have a bunch of things to eat at the end of the day. Ugh! I ordered 4 of those little flat square ice pack thingies yesterday and can't wait to get them. I've also figured out that I need a bigger lunch container. The one that I have is nice but only holds about half of the day. I'm going to Goodwill tonight after work to see if I can find one. That will make it a lot easier and will have one less excuse! lol Another two things I'm having problems with is drinking all my water and eating 4 veggies a day. All I can do is keep trying.

Anyways, I thought I would write all this down as a motivator and I knew y'all would listen, suggest and support! Thanks for being here when I need you!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I have started a new Group called NutriSystem Food Reviews. The Link is in my signature.
    Enjoy
    Roger
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Hi y'all! Day 10 for me back at it. Things are rough but I think I can handle it. Y'all are such an inspiration to me. Thanks for being here when I need to read about others. It really helps. I know I'm not a vocal person but I'm here non the less! Have a great day everyone!

Hi Terri
    You are doing good, It will get easier :)
    Good Luck
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Good morning everybody :), things got quite busy during the last couple days. However, nonetheless I stayed on track even though I had quite some threats right in front of me. My boss wanted to be nice as we had a very busy time during the past 3 months (I work in a print shop for the City I live in) and she ordered Pizza not even thinking about that I was on my diet. As I know myself and pizza is one of my weaknesses I told her I will take a short 10 minutes. I went to Subway and ordered a chopped veggie salad (I love, love love them) added my dressing and included the lunch I had that day. It wasn't pizza but I didn't feel like I was missing something. I have to admit it took every will power I had but I made it. I know a slice of pizza wouldn't break everything but knowing myself I would be all over that pizza so I controlled myself. Felt good I have to say!

Have a great day everybody :). I am still trying to post my ticker within my posts ....lets see how this works

38119666.png

Hi Sue
    It look like it worked to me :)
    Congratulations on avoiding temptation. Pizza is a weakness of mine too.

Cheers
    Roger
    EXTKQl.gif
    NutriSystem Forums

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png
  • pudgemuffin2
    pudgemuffin2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Roger, I made it back here, saw your instructions, and went to NS and did a brief message, went to the a/A but saw nothing that said send as a text?? I'm fuzzy on all this technology, so I need more specific instructions I guess. Thanks!

Also, two people have sent me messages to be their friend, and I clicked on them, they were f rom our old 100+ group on NS, but I dont' know what that means to be their friendd??

Thanks Roger! Pudge
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks Roger...it was hard I have to admit but now I am so glad I did :). Feels good and makes me a bit proud that I was able to.

38119666.png
  • mslesam
    Options
    Terri70 wrote: »
    I feel pretty good. Getting up this morning was hard but once I did I felt great. I've slipped several times in the last week. Either too busy to eat and then cram everything that I can or just plain laziness. BUT I'm back on track with plans to stay that way. You know, I thought working at 7-11 was going to be my diet-downfall but really I'm just using that as an excuse. IF I pack everything that I need for the night there is none (excuses). My problem is that I get busy and forget to eat. Then I have a bunch of things to eat at the end of the day. Ugh! I ordered 4 of those little flat square ice pack thingies yesterday and can't wait to get them. I've also figured out that I need a bigger lunch container. The one that I have is nice but only holds about half of the day. I'm going to Goodwill tonight after work to see if I can find one. That will make it a lot easier and will have one less excuse! lol Another two things I'm having problems with is drinking all my water and eating 4 veggies a day. All I can do is keep trying.

Anyways, I thought I would write all this down as a motivator and I knew y'all would listen, suggest and support! Thanks for being here when I need you!

Terri

I was having the same problem you were with fitting all my food in my old lunch bag but I found a great bag at walmart, I think I paid under $9 for it. Found it in the camping section near the ice chests. It isn't really a lunch bag it's a soft sided cooler that is shaped like a tote bag, I have plenty of room for my food, a container of salad, snacks-both morning and afternoon, my 1 liter water bottle and a can of diet soda plus one of the reusable ice packs and it works great.

Good luck,

Lesa
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger, I made it back here, saw your instructions, and went to NS and did a brief message, went to the a/A but saw nothing that said send as a text?? I'm fuzzy on all this technology, so I need more specific instructions I guess. Thanks!

Also, two people have sent me messages to be their friend, and I clicked on them, they were f rom our old 100+ group on NS, but I dont' know what that means to be their friendd??

Thanks Roger! Pudge

Hi Pudge, Once You click on that a/A button You will be out of the WYSIWYG display and into text only mode. Then Just Press the Ctrl and A button to select All.
    Then Ctrl + C to copy to the clipboard. Then Open up the text editor You want to use. I use Wordpad in Windows
    And press Ctrl V to paste into that and save it. It can now be used as a skeleton for Your messages.
    I hope that helps.
    The other way is to use the Edit menu in the browser to select all, copy and paste. I just use the keyboard as it is quicker for me that way.

Good Luck
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Thanks Roger...it was hard I have to admit but now I am so glad I did :). Feels good and makes me a bit proud that I was able to.

38119666.png

Hi Sue
    There is a bit of truth in the old saying, No Pain, No gain.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    t77dgejpjdz8.gif
    NutriSystem Forums & Friends

Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    88672520.png