100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Val - you go girl - being able to go on the rides is a huge win! Last time I went to Cedar Point I could only do safe rides like the carousal, etc. Takes a lot of joy out of doing a park. Enjoy your vacation - I'll be with you virtually. Love your new pic, and the bears!

Meeting up with the boys in an hour for Jason's 40th bd celebration - going to a hibachi grill, which kinda poses a problem for pressies! Feeling great today - and it's a gorgeous day. Sat outside to dole out 2 wks of pills - that takes me a while - then I sorted out my med drawer - yup - a whole chest of drawers drawer.

weird occasional click on my right at my desk - this is gonna bug me til I figure it out. Strange.
  • scrappin999
    Options
    found the source of the click. I have a sunbeam timer - guess when the battery dies it clicks......
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Once again I scheduled med appts opposite another one - have to reschedule the least problematic - wish I'd stop doing this! Gonna have to pay closer attention! Difficult getting older and having to keep track of so many things! LOL.

Hi Shirl, I can relate! I'd be lost without my planner. I buy the $3 paper ones from WalMart. I call it my Brain. If I were to ever lose it, I'd be lost...I wouldn't know when to go to the dentist or doctor or veterinarian or pediatrician. I'm sure there are apps and electronic calendars, I'm just not that evolved yet.

I'd probably even forget when I'm going on vacation...which is in ONE MONTH! Em and I will be spending 3 days at Universal Studios Florida...probably all in the Harry Potter areas!!! On NS I had a mini-goal to lose enough so I fit in all the rides. As far as I can tell, I made it! My measurements are all below their posted maximums, so I should be in "good shape." I've been losing ~10#/month, so I will have lost between 30 and 37 pounds by the time we go. That's cool. Walking all day will be much easier with out carrying that around!

HAPPY SATURDAY to all!

Hi Val
    I am sure it will be easier to walk around.
    I just put things on the wall calendar by the computer. OTOH I never have that much going on :)

Cheers
    Roger
    found the source of the click. I have a sunbeam timer - guess when the battery dies it clicks......

Hi Shirl
    I hear You on that. A strange noise in the bedroom will have me up and looking.

Have a Good Weekend All
    Roger
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Once again I scheduled med appts opposite another one - have to reschedule the least problematic - wish I'd stop doing this! Gonna have to pay closer attention! Difficult getting older and having to keep track of so many things! LOL.

Hi Shirl, I can relate! I'd be lost without my planner. I buy the $3 paper ones from WalMart. I call it my Brain. If I were to ever lose it, I'd be lost...I wouldn't know when to go to the dentist or doctor or veterinarian or pediatrician. I'm sure there are apps and electronic calendars, I'm just not that evolved yet.

I'd probably even forget when I'm going on vacation...which is in ONE MONTH! Em and I will be spending 3 days at Universal Studios Florida...probably all in the Harry Potter areas!!! On NS I had a mini-goal to lose enough so I fit in all the rides. As far as I can tell, I made it! My measurements are all below their posted maximums, so I should be in "good shape." I've been losing ~10#/month, so I will have lost between 30 and 37 pounds by the time we go. That's cool. Walking all day will be much easier with out carrying that around!

HAPPY SATURDAY to all!
    Val, great job on the weight loss! Ten lbs per month is amazing! It will feel so good and be so fun to be able to keep up with your daughter!
    Linda
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kindness. It always feels good to come here and see all the encouragement and positivity. mtuydpizul9f.jpg
  • RedRockRider
    RedRockRider Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kindness. It always feels good to come here and see all the encouragement and positivity. mtuydpizul9f.jpg

Very cool progress chart!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    On my progress chart, the red line is only a trend line, not a goal line. I'm okay with it coming off as it comes off and realize as I get lighter, the rate will probably slow down. But it is exciting to look ahead and think, it is theoretically possible for me to get into ONEderland around my August birthday. I haven't been under 200 in 30 years!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

HAPPY SATURDAY to all!

Wow you did great with your weight loss and the bear picture is so cute. You mentioned your measurements are below the posted max for the rides. Where ever did you find that info about measurements for rides? I haven't been in years and would love to go but not if I can't do the rides.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    The parks that post them generally put them under "Height and Ride Restrictions" "Guide to Rides and Attractions"or "Accessibility Guide." The Universal Florida web site is vague about ride measurement. I really thought I saw somewhere on their site that 53" chest was the max for their most restrictive rides. I've visited SeaWorld and Six Flags and fit everything there. So, I'm predicting that I'll fit. We are going in June...I'll post how it went.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The parks that post them generally put them under "Height and Ride Restrictions" "Guide to Rides and Attractions"or "Accessibility Guide." The Universal Florida web site is vague about ride measurement. I really thought I saw somewhere on their site that 53" chest was the max for their most restrictive rides. I've visited SeaWorld and Six Flags and fit everything there. So, I'm predicting that I'll fit. We are going in June...I'll post how it went.

Thanks for the info. Be sure to wear your short shorts and have plenty of water and wet wraps for your body as it will be hot in June. I am only 4 hours south of Orlando and it is even hotter down here.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Um, no short-shorts! LOL. But thanks for bringing that up...my current shorts are now too big (drawstring waist, so I keep wearing them at home). Time for shopping.
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news here about those who have lost. Congratulations! Thanks Roger for posting the moderator's news that the boards shut down on May 11. I was wondering whether to post today on the NS website or here. Now I know! I have had a bit of a backslide with my program. Thought I knew it all and wasn't journaling for a week and also haven't been a regular on this board. Its a new day and I am back in full force! I picked up my new bicycle on Saturday morning and rode it Saturday and Sunday. Won't say I'm ready for the Tour de France but every pedal stroke I take is one more than I was doing.
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This morning started great! Have to share it :). I went for it and tried on a pair of jeans I bought a couple months back which is 2 dress sizes down from the time I started. Sortof like a reward lol. And.....they fit. I am not sure how long it's been since I have been in that size but it has been a long time. Weigh in was delayed a day as I forgot it in my craziness. Have a wonderful Monday everybody :):)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Um, no short-shorts! LOL. But thanks for bringing that up...my current shorts are now too big (drawstring waist, so I keep wearing them at home). Time for shopping.
    On my progress chart, the red line is only a trend line, not a goal line. I'm okay with it coming off as it comes off and realize as I get lighter, the rate will probably slow down. But it is exciting to look ahead and think, it is theoretically possible for me to get into ONEderland around my August birthday. I haven't been under 200 in 30 years!

Hi
    I bought one pair of shorts in the proper size for summer. The Others are either Drawstring or I use a belt to make sure they stay up.
    Good Luck getting to ONEderland
    Roger
    5mates wrote: »
    Fantastic news here about those who have lost. Congratulations! Thanks Roger for posting the moderator's news that the boards shut down on May 11. I was wondering whether to post today on the NS website or here. Now I know! I have had a bit of a backslide with my program. Thought I knew it all and wasn't journaling for a week and also haven't been a regular on this board. Its a new day and I am back in full force! I picked up my new bicycle on Saturday morning and rode it Saturday and Sunday. Won't say I'm ready for the Tour de France but every pedal stroke I take is one more than I was doing.

Hi 5mates
    Congratulations on being able to get out and ride.
    We Bought and Mulched Yesterday and today after coming up a flight of stairs my Knee was bothering me. Later when it felt better I walked around a block which was where it was starting to pain me again.
    Cheers
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    This morning started great! Have to share it :). I went for it and tried on a pair of jeans I bought a couple months back which is 2 dress sizes down from the time I started. Sortof like a reward lol. And.....they fit. I am not sure how long it's been since I have been in that size but it has been a long time. Weigh in was delayed a day as I forgot it in my craziness. Have a wonderful Monday everybody :):)

Hi Sue
    Congratulations on that NSV!

Have a Good Week Everybody
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png

• scrappin999
    Options
    Good for all your wt losses, NSVs, and movement! I'm struggling - going into heart failure - doesn't take much to lose all the strength and advantage it takes so long to build up. Wiped out and soaked just trying to get to my movie seat Sat - very distressing! The msg I heard was walk, walk, walk. Did my bike for 8 min yesterday and will do so again - easier than walking at times. Keep on keeping on - one step at a time!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good for all your wt losses, NSVs, and movement! I'm struggling - going into heart failure - doesn't take much to lose all the strength and advantage it takes so long to build up. Wiped out and soaked just trying to get to my movie seat Sat - very distressing! The msg I heard was walk, walk, walk. Did my bike for 8 min yesterday and will do so again - easier than walking at times. Keep on keeping on - one step at a time!

Shirl
    I am so sorry to hear about Your health issues.

Good Luck
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Shirl - hope you find an answer to some of these issues soon. Stay well.
  • scrappin999
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Roger and 5mates - thanks for your concern. I've gone 9 years with a new aortic valve, which unfortunately is failing again. 2nd repair is 2-4 yrs off - hopefully. Last time I was turning grey when my heart failed - friends told me later. I live to complain another day x 9 yrs thanks to the surgical miracles they can do these days, kinda living on borrowed time. Important for me to be diligent and do what I'm supposed to, but don't always do so - moving being almost the most important thing so I have air to breathe. Wt loss helps tremendously. Really wish I didn't feel so good being a slug....LOL. An occasional wake up call doesn't hurt - me or related to you all - it takes nothing to undo all our hard work.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Shirl, I'm sorry to hear of your health issue. You're such a lovely person! Keep taking good care of yourself. ~Val
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Fantastic news! Congrats! I, on the other hand, did beautifully until I saw the uneaten pan-fried, bone in pork chop sitting in the frig that was going to end up in the trash in another day or two...added it to my meal which put me over my calories and protein...Need to quit opening the frig! :(